Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

im so F***ing paranoid!

This is a discussion on im so F***ing paranoid! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This was natural from me right from the start. Back then I had school though, so I had to take ...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

This was natural from me right from the start. Back then I had school though, so I had to take it there. I started to park in the regular parking spots saying to myself I wouldn't get any scratches, but that was short-lived. I started coming out to little scratches on my front and rear bumpers, so I said screw this and parked it outside the fence from then on till I graduated and didn't get any. Even now, when I go to park it at spots at malls and stuff, I will usually park away from the majority of cars. Or if there are three empty spots in a row, I'll park in the middle one sometimes. Usually the only times I park with other cars is when I am with my friends and I park with their cars.

rapter34
    here at school we have a three tired parking lot. the bottom lot is almost always empty... except for me and a 350z who park way the hell away from everyone. I don't trust anyone near my car.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

im not as worried when i park it at school because usually college kids are mature and know better...only when i go to the mall and stuff. where i know there are parents with their kids. little kids usually just swing the door right open without even thinking about the car next to them. the only thing at school though lot of those kids are still unexperienced when parking so they might knick my bumpers when turning in to park...hahaha i think im too overly self-conscious when it comes to my baby

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Ya I agree with not parking in two spots at once definatly causes unwanted attention, if I know I am going to a mall or packed lot where I cant see my car I always take my DD I only take the T/A out if I am going to someones house. picking someone up or going somewhere that I know I will be able to keep an eye out on my car, there are to many dicks out there these days ya cant trust anyone IMO

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I usually park way the fuck out in a parking lot...and if I'm forced to park close, I park on the right hand side of a row of parking spots (if you're looking at them), cause around here people don't back in at all, so when they pull in their driver door is on the other side (away from my car) and the probability of a passenger being in the car is lower then there being a driver in the car

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

based on my experiences, no matter where you park, some WILL park next to you! it could be way far out, and when you come out, there will be a car there! and its normal to be paranoid, ive had my car almost 3 yrs and im still paranoid as the day i got it... i also try to find an end spot and park farthest away from the other car, also dont park next to pos's...

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

i think i might be the worst on parking far away , do it every time i go out in her, shit i would hire a security guard if they had one there. even at work we have a huge parking lot with maybe 12 people in it so i park sideways & have 2 orange cones front left and rear right to keep the dingsters off of me.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

good to see im not alone!

2002 Camaro SS
    2000 GMC Sierra = SLOW

Your just as normal as we all are, I will not drive my SS out if I know I will have to park in a congested lot. I treat my Sierra the same way, but its my DD, so I just watch where I park her too.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Nice to know I'm not the only parking-fanatic.

I never park the Camaro anywhere with less than 2 spots clearance between all other cars. Unless it's next to a friend I trust.

However, I never park extrememly far from cars either. I'm equally paranoid (especially at night) about someone seeing the nice car sitting all by itself and vandalizing/stealing it.

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

Yeah I try to park as far as possible with my car whenever I go out, like one time I was parked at a mall and I had atleast six parking spots between me and the next car so all of a sudden the lady shows up with this 1985 GMC safari P.O.S that was all rusted out while towing a boat and decides to park right next to may car !!
    But luckily I was sitting in my car so I started it up ( reved it a little ) and parked at a different spot. Some people are just so stupid !!!
    1999 T/A FIREHAWK - SLP Lid & Bellow,LT`s & Catted Y & Power-Flo Catback , MSD & NGK , UMI 3P SFC,ADJ PHB,STB,LCA`s & Relos , Eibach Pro Kit , Bilstine/SLP Shocks , MAC Diff Cover , BFG & OE Wheels C5DD 18x9.5/10.5 , HID 8000K Headlights - Dyno`d @ 319.07 HP & 327.23 Ft-lb ( Tuned by Champ Motors )

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Get a beater.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Whatever you do, don't be the guy who parks diagonaly across two spots. There was a douche in a Boxter who did that and I parked as physicaly close to him as possible in my Jeep. I had to crawl out of the passenger side just to get out.
    BAAHAHA thats awesome until that guy notices you drive your TA and then paybacks a bitch...

I find myself doing the exact samething as everyone else on here... thats refreshing :P but for my sake alone I'm 6'3" and getting out of my car when I can only open the door 2 feet can be difficult at best so I park at the far end all the time just so I can get my damn doors open... I figure if I have enough room to open my massive doors no other doors should be able to reach my car...
    Last edited by Bouvers; 05-09-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I hear you all & know exactly how you feel! I am extremely anal about my cars...I park very far out in parking lots, even when there are several spaces closer that are open...at work/school I paid a few extra hundred dollars to get a parking garage permit so I wouldn't have to worry about the car being hit while it's parallel parked on the side of the street...even in the parking garage, I park at the highest (6th) level, where there are hardly any cars whatsoever....if I absolutely have to park between two cars, I park much closer to the car on the left of me; I might have to squeeze out of the car, but it's better than parking towards the right of the space near the other car's driver side, where it's more likely they won't be as careful getting into their vehicle..........hell, I even inspect both sides of my car every time I get back to it, to make sure it hasn't been scratched or dinged by someone that ended up parking next to me after I had already parked & left my car...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Get a beater.
    I have one, but the problem is that whenever I drive it, I see a lot of "race ready" ricers and mustangs out and I start cursing myself for not driving my TA.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I have one, but the problem is that whenever I drive it, I see a lot of "race ready" ricers and mustangs out and I start cursing myself for not driving my TA.
    Ya me too haha. Sucks when that happens.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by jujofields View Post
    hell, I even inspect both sides of my car every time I get back to it, to make sure it hasn't been scratched or dinged by someone that ended up parking next to me after I had already parked & left my car...
    hahah yeah i do the same thing. i spend about 5 mins inspecting the car before i get in to make sure noone has dinged it. i even thought of taking pictures of license plates of cars next to me. so if i do come out to a big ass dent in my door i know who it was!

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

I know that feeling. I usually park as far away as possible so that no one will park near me. Mind you, there are always times where so POS car will park next to you anyways just at be an ass. The only place i feel comfortable parking it is in my garage.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by freshadenamufcka View Post
    yeah i also look to see the conditions of the cars next to me...if its F***ed up and beat up then most likely that person wouldn't give a sh*t about their car, and definitely not my car!
    lol I do the same thing

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i park far away and i take up two spots......i dont mind walking farther to get to store etc...better than wanting to break the face of the asshole that dinged the car.....btw m car has no dings on it for that reason....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information