Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm an A$$hole

This is a discussion on I'm an A$$hole within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE i get some really bad wheel hop in reverse. if i ever back out of a ...

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    i get some really bad wheel hop in reverse. if i ever back out of a spot too fast it sounds like the worlds ending.
    me too! i've only done this once tho. I was backing up at a RR crossing(took too long ) and let the clutch clutch out kinda quick and i felt like i was gonna rip the rear right out. so i let off and thought i eased into it a bit better the next time and still significant hop. what's the happs? bushing going bad? my rubber is 12 years old now...
    Last edited by goof4080; 03-26-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Im driving thru a community center parking lot going over 15-20 big, deep speed humps slowly. Everything is fine till I get half way thru with a line of impatient parents behind me and a school bus when I hear a horrible scraping sound while straddling a speed hump. My BMR cross brace grinds into a hump that is just a little higher or deeper than the others and Im stuck! Had to back up with lots of grinding- ouch. Luckily, no damage! BTW a few parents called me a$$hole too, so I guess Im part of the club as well!

I drive over just about anything I want with this

NBM
    2002 WS6

yea, i had my car two weeks and wasnt used to how long and low the front is. i was pulling out of a gas station that was on a steep hill and my front nosedived into the rd before my front wheels could catch it and road rashed the whole underside of the nose. man i was so pissed......!

02 WS6 M6
    pasetter LTs,ORY,magnaflow muffler,ported tb and maf,dynotuned
    362 RWHP, 376 RWTQ stock H/C
    plus all the free mods

Quote Originally Posted by bobodog View Post
    yea, i had my car two weeks and wasnt used to how long and low the front is. i was pulling out of a gas station that was on a steep hill and my front nosedived into the rd before my front wheels could catch it and road rashed the whole underside of the nose. man i was so pissed......!
    Yep, I always attack the steep driveways at an angle to avoid scraping.

There are some pretty steep parking lot entrances around these parts. You know they are steep when you see the black top has been scraped from others hitting it.
    I usually wind up blocking the entrance getting in and out since I'm at such an angle. People look at you like you're an idiot, but they just don't understand what's going on. Oh well,,,that's just too bad,,,,,I didn't design these stupid parking lots.

Really makes it a pain to drive the 4th gens anymore. I really wish they didn't have so much nose overhang.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

so how does this make you an asshole?

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Because I could've dicked up a car that I've spent alot of time, effort, and money to pamper. Currently hunting another DD so I can garage the TA and choose when I wanna drive her.

Quote Originally Posted by pewter2002 View Post
    Im driving thru a community center parking lot going over 15-20 big, deep speed humps slowly. Everything is fine till I get half way thru with a line of impatient parents behind me and a school bus when I hear a horrible scraping sound while straddling a speed hump. My BMR cross brace grinds into a hump that is just a little higher or deeper than the others and Im stuck! Had to back up with lots of grinding- ouch. Luckily, no damage! BTW a few parents called me a$$hole too, so I guess Im part of the club as well!
    Haha,,,screw em'. Some people just don't understand cars or simply don't care. There are still a few of us that do our best to take care of them. If others can't wait or don't like it,,,they can find another way around as far as I'm concerned. I'm not tearing the car up to make someone else happy.

Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

Well on the way home a couple weeks ago from buying my 2002 t/a after selling my 98 formy, as soon as i got back from the 120 mile trip...i was on the high way and a truck threw what i assume was a fuc*in boulder and dented my fender all bad. Then when i got home the engine light came on. The cats went bad. OH and the power steering pump was ran with no freakin fluid i guess and i forgot to check it before going home and burned out the pump or something cuz it whines like HELL and hard to turn sometimes. Oh and after getting my first ls1. Same day i let my older brother drive it.....he bottomed out so hard that it scrapped the whole underside of the front end. But the most painful thing was right after polishing and cleaning my rims on my formy all nice and shineh...i grinded the rim on a curb. Oh i wanted to myself for that. Hmm i have bad luck...

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Unhappy

I had just bought a brand new Silverado and on one day both the front and rear bumpers had been bashed while in parking lots.
    I went in front first at one place and when I came out the rear bumper was bashed like someone backed into it.
    So next place I backed into a space and when I came out the front bumper was bashed like someone had again backed into it.
    All in one day! - I was looking for someone to =
    So within a week of purchase I was driving a new Silverado that looked like it had 100,000 miles on it.
    - So don't be so hard on yourself, the only way things stay perfect is if you put velvet ropes around it and let it collect dust.

Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    - So don't be so hard on yourself, the only way things stay perfect is if you put velvet ropes around it and let it collect dust.
    I'm starting to get like that on the hard to replace stuff.

I also always park on the other side of the lot where ever I go. 99% of the time I never have anyone around me, most are too lazy to walk that far
    When I do find someone parked next to me, it's usually another nice car that is out there for the same reason, so no worries.

Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    I had just bought a brand new Silverado and on one day both the front and rear bumpers had been bashed while in parking lots.
    I went in front first at one place and when I came out the rear bumper was bashed like someone backed into it.
    So next place I backed into a space and when I came out the front bumper was bashed like someone had again backed into it.
    All in one day! - I was looking for someone to =
    So within a week of purchase I was driving a new Silverado that looked like it had 100,000 miles on it.
    Ah, i see. I was driving a newish silverado. 2006 duramax/allison and well i was moving a king size bed couple days ago and i accidently pulled the rope too hard and the latch caught it and somehow i slipped and pulled it too hard and the hook slipped and made a dent in the wheel well. =/ nothing compared to your ordeal, hope it all turned out well for you.

Red
    1997 Firebird M5

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Time for a lift kit...
    lift trucks and lower cars. never the other way around, especially for a t/a

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-TransAm View Post
    lift trucks and lower cars. never the other way around, especially for a t/a
    It was a joke....

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmPhantom View Post
    Ah, i see. I was driving a newish silverado. 2006 duramax/allison and well i was moving a king size bed couple days ago and i accidently pulled the rope too hard and the latch caught it and somehow i slipped and pulled it too hard and the hook slipped and made a dent in the wheel well. =/ nothing compared to your ordeal, hope it all turned out well for you.
    Well 2yrs later I'm still driving the Silverado, runs great but still has the bashed front & rear bumpers, at least friends and family clearly know it's me whether coming or going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information