Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

I tipped my mechanic

After finally getting my TA from the states i took it to my mechanic to replace the springs (to raise it), pull the tint off, fix the A/C clutch, recharge it, replace the SLP exhaust and replace the window motor so i can regester it here in Bahrain. Why did i tip him $100, all that work cost $175!!!! I provided the springs only. It sucked that i had to change everything back and fix so much but, hell, thats cheap!
    ?R/A Hood, SPL lid, SLP Bellows, OBX Headers w/ Off road Y pipe, SLP Loud Mouth II, HyperTech Tune, MSD Wires, 3.73 10 bolt, Brembo Rotors, Eibach Sportlines, Bilsteen HD Shocks, 35mm fr 25mm r sway bar.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

nice!!! Biggest tip I ever got was $5.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Props to you,mechanics work very hard and are usually screwed by warranty time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have tipped several mechanics at the garage where I get my alignments and inspections. Tips have ranged from a bottle of their preferred liquor to $20.00. I have shop privileges and usually work with them on the car which is really nice to be able to do.

White
    1998 Trans Am

If someone did all that work for that cheap I'd give him a big tp as well since it would have cost alot more here.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

It has a big wing!

Wow... I take it that this is all to be street legal over there?

Are they very strict with vehicles?
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

Damn, man! That sucks! So your in Bahrain now? Good luck out there! Did it only cost you $175 in Bahrain? That seems really cheap.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I have tipped several mechanics at the garage where I get my alignments and inspections. Tips have ranged from a bottle of their preferred liquor to $20.00. I have shop privileges and usually work with them on the car which is really nice to be able to do.
    Oh yeah I forgot...I did get a bottle of Korbel Brandy from one of my customers many Xmas's ago. Best tip ever!

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

$175 is rediculuosly cheap, i had my wifes mustang lowered by a shop in WA, that cost me $600! A quote in VA beach for my window motor with me suppling the part was $150 and the A/C clutch was $550. So this was real cheap. Now if i can find a tuner here ill be set. Heads cam package will be next.
    All the mods were to get it street legal, the exhaust, vehical height, A/C and and tint all have to be with in a certain spec. The king here wants all the cars to be new or at least new looking. Bahrain is being built very fast and the want it to be as appealing as possible. There is still a large lower class population so thats were i get my work from, it like shops used to be 15 years ago in small towns. Cool thing about it is, there are small cities of auto repair shops, 25 on the one street i went to. They all specilaize in somethng different. A/C, tires, brakes, oil and fluid, welding, mechanical are all different shops.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 13nickels View Post
    $175 is rediculuosly cheap, i had my wifes mustang lowered by a shop in WA, that cost me $600! A quote in VA beach for my window motor with me suppling the part was $150 and the A/C clutch was $550. So this was real cheap. Now if i can find a tuner here ill be set. Heads cam package will be next.
    All the mods were to get it street legal, the exhaust, vehical height, A/C and and tint all have to be with in a certain spec. The king here wants all the cars to be new or at least new looking. Bahrain is being built very fast and the want it to be as appealing as possible. There is still a large lower class population so thats were i get my work from, it like shops used to be 15 years ago in small towns. Cool thing about it is, there are small cities of auto repair shops, 25 on the one street i went to. They all specilaize in somethng different. A/C, tires, brakes, oil and fluid, welding, mechanical are all different shops.
    600 to lower a car is rediculuosly expensive, even if they provided the springs.
    I paid a 30 pack of bud light to lower my car. They put new shocks and struts, and the pro kit. And to fix my window motor I think it was like a 12 pack. lol but then again i live on the border. I love it!! I aways tip them good though, I can honestly say i have never given a 100.00 tip.
    Last edited by 1320_Racing; 05-09-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information