Thread: I need help

Airwolf_John

I need help

I am a new owner of a 1998 Fire Bird V6 and with a factory alarm system. When I first got the car, turning on the parking lights,only turned on the fog lights and rear running lights, but now it pops up the head lights without turning them on. Also now when the head lights go down, the vibrate loudly for several seconds. And also when I arm the car or dearm it, it used to chirp and flash the parking lights, but no also for a split second try to flip the head lights and then back down with the vibrating. What do I need to do? Also I thought on the newer GM cars, when you put the car in drive, the doors auto lock and when you turned off the car, the radio stayed on for awhile till a door was opened, none of this is working in my car??? Please help me someone.

John

CHEVY TAHOE 4X4

Re: I need help

Your headlight motor gears are stripped. You can buy new ones or flip them. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

cross post this on the "almost anything goes" forum...everybody hangs there and probably could help you...no one seems to wonder far from that forum?

Airwolf_John

Thank you for the the link, I will have to buy those brass gears and replace them asap lol. The link was very detailed and very very useful again thanks for it, that solves half my problem, but I still LOVE my Fire Bird!

2000pontiac6

The stereo is suppoed to turn off only when the door opens even though the key is out of the ignition. It plays for 10 minutes I belive then shuts off on its own if you don't open the door before then.

Airwolf_John

Question Re: I need help

Thats what I thought but sadly my bird does not do that, soon as my car is turned off, the radio turns off about 1 or 2 seconds after that...

Thread Information