Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

i like this one (transam) but i don't know

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=193

as you can see, the paint looks very nice, but under the hood doesn't look like its been kept up. Also, you can tell that the hood is aftermarket, because it doesn't have the Ram Air logo on the side of it. It is a manual though! I'm giving it strong consideration but do you guys think the price is alittle high considering its non-ws6???

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

also, if somebody could get a quick carfax on

2G2FV22G2W2214730

would be much appreciated

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Original owner had the car from 98-march 06 and only drove it 5k a year. Spent most of that time in florida till it bounced through dealers and ended up in Texas. Second owner had it in texas from 5/9/06 till now and the first reported odometer reading was 50,989. 5/23/07 odo read 58,844. no problems found with the car. no accidents reported or any other shenanigans....

not sure I'd pay 12k for a 98. seems like the prices are falling faster than i can keep up with them. it wasn't so long ago that 60k and under TA's were going for mid teens. i just saw a 2002 WS6 with something like 70k sell for 9k.... and yes it was a real Ws6 and 6spd too!!! First car that meets my criteria and checks in around 8k wins my cash!

As for this one??? I'd say maybe 10k is fair. It is low mileage for the age and it does seem to be in good shape. just remember the book value on this car is 8,400 on the HIGH end.... and no insurance company will insure you for more than book.... in fact i think once the value falls below a certain level they no longer will provide the option for full coverage since even a small incident can likely total the vehicle.

Be an informed consumer!!! do your homework and be patient! Good luck

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Hey thanks! had no idea the book value on the car was that low. I'll definately wait until i find a ws6 then. Thanks!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by terrytheexpert View Post
    Hey thanks! had no idea the book value on the car was that low. I'll definately wait until i find a ws6 then. Thanks!
    Are you sure its not a WS.6? To me it just looks de-badged....But overall you would have to look at it in person and look at the sticker on the inside of the door to know for sure. Thats what I would do. The two things that tell me it is a WS.6 is the wheels and the lifted air box.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I didn't actually analyze the pics to determine wether it was a WS6 or not. if it were the book values would range from, depending on condition, 7,905 in fair condition up to 9,355 in excellent condition. according to book valuation almost no car meets the excellent spec. that would mean the car, despite its age, is as good as factory fresh. in other words a true collectors piece may possibly fetch that book value. again good luck in your search. I myself have been looking since january.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Wow 9k only for a top notch ws6? i see them go for 14k to 15k for nice ws6s where are you getting your figures from?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

how the hell do keep the interior/exterior that nice and NEVER think to clean under the hood!??!?!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

kelly bluebook's website kbb.com there are others as well NADA guides and TMV true market value. There are other figures to consider. For example I prefer to buy from private parties because so long as you can check out the car yourself, and have the mechanical experience to back you up, you WILL save a ton of cash over a dealer.

i am basically willing to pay anything between trade in value and good private party value. in the case of this car the trade in value is as low as 6,000 and the certified retail tops out at 11,300. personally i would never pay 11,300 for a 1998 with almost 70k miles. my car is a 1997 lincoln that originally stickered for about 40k and 5 years ago i bought it for 6,500 it was only 6 years old at the time. this car is 10 years old. a good point to note is that back in 2003 similar mark viii's were selling in the 14k range my car had a clean carfax report and was a florida car its whole life also had brand new factory HID headlights installed that cost the previous owner 1k. at the time I couldn't have asked for a better deal. In fact the car is still my DD

Kind of went of on a tangent there but the point is book value is only a guide not a rule. for me the lesson in book value is where my limits are. in the end what matters is what the car is worth to YOU

silver
    2000 trans am

i have a nice inside and out 2000 ws6 for sale if intrested? 42,000 miles brand new torque thrust2 rims and tires are brand new also. the car is all stock.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

yah, but i'm looking for one in black, and also you live in MN...i live in La...i think i'ma wait for ws6 too, in the dallas area.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

This one is a true WS6...look at the lifted AirBox...unless he swapped that out (which is unlikely, cause not many people think about that when they do a conversion).

NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

I just bought my 02 ws6 (black) with 30k on it for 13k cash. One owner and garage kept.

For a 98.. if it's ws6 with 60-70k miles you can get it for 8 easy, just talk to the owner and tell him wassup, you just can't get out-talked.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    This one is a true WS6...look at the lifted AirBox...unless he swapped that out (which is unlikely, cause not many people think about that when they do a conversion).
    Look at the exhaust tips. Regular TA exhaust. Also hood is aftermarket, no lines around nostrils. Also looks like 16" ABS wheels.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

Black
    2001 Formula

yah, but i'm looking for one in black, and also you live in MN...i live in La...i think i'ma wait for ws6 too, in the dallas area.
    Where in LA. are you? I'm in Jena,LA (near Alexandria).

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Oh cool, i went to college in Natchitoches (NSU) afterwards joined the air force and i'm stationed in Shreveport now at Barksdale AFB.

On another note, to the others i would love a 02 ws6 with the charcoal leather seats, and of course low miles...i'm willin to throw out 12k heh, deployment money...soon as i get back in August....kinda looking for somebody to go shopping with, for mechanical assistance...anyway, i'll probably end up getting one in Dallas.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    how the hell do keep the interior/exterior that nice and NEVER think to clean under the hood!??!?!
    I know, thats really my primary concern, the body looks nice, or maybe its just the angle of the pictures, but under the hood looks like it hasn't been touched since day 1.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=312

Another one that has a nice body, however 120,000 miles and the owner lied about it being ws6....you can see the automatic shifter nob, he also doesn't give any pics from under the hood.

Black
    2001 Formula

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=312

Another one that has a nice body, however 120,000 miles and the owner lied about it being ws6....you can see the automatic shifter nob, he also doesn't give any pics from under the hood.
    You should go to the auction in S'port at Adesa next time I go if you want a deal. There are normally at least one or two there everytime I go. I'm a dealer.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Seriously?? Right there in shreveport? Of course i'd go?!? How do i get involved? Don't you have to have some sort of liscense to get involved with auctions.

Thread Information