Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know I can but just making sure

This is a discussion on I know I can but just making sure within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; unless you are in reverse you will take care of that gt no problem...

white
    2000 Z28

unless you are in reverse you will take care of that gt no problem

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    You'll get him no prob. Really try to get that tune beforehand though. It makes a big difference. Im driving around untuned right now with LTs and a ORY and I gotta get on it. Right now it feels a big sluggish. My buddies 01 WS6 woke the fuck up after his tune.
    What kind of tune do you recommend? I was thinking one of those mail in order ones because of the cash issue. And for the excuses thing, he wont have any because im waiting for him to get his own mods so he doenst have an excuse. i cant wait to put him in his place.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

You'll get him no prob. Really try to get that tune beforehand though. It makes a big difference. Im driving around untuned right now with LTs and a ORY and I gotta get on it. Right now it feels a big sluggish. My buddies 01 WS6 woke the fuck up after his tune.
    I will be sluggish even if i get the tsp catted y and use the right codes?

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

My car felt amazing after the tune, the throttle response was explosive compared to before. Get a professional tune, hp tuners, don't waste time with the handhelds, trust me I've had both, much more power out of hp tuners.

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

you will smoke him... my buddy has a 03 gt with bbk shorty headers flowmaster catback bassani x pipe cai bbk intake mani and tb and a 100 shot of nitrous and i was stock in my 02 z28 a4 and beat him by a car or two

crappy camera work by my friend but oh well
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yu6hTjFrqjE

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have raced several Gt's from a 90 5.0 LX, 01 GT, and a 06 GT and had no problems at all. I have raced a 03-04 Cobra and we started from about 40 and no one gained any grounds even with my mods. He probably only had a cay back too that's why he didn't walk away from me. I had a 04 Blk modded Cobra hand my a$$ to me when i was in FL.A set of 3.73 would have been a little more help than my 3.23's.
    My car woke up greatly after the dyno tune and it helped me figure out I was running lean because my fuel pump was going out.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post

My car felt amazing after the tune, the throttle response was explosive compared to before. Get a professional tune, hp tuners, don't waste time with the handhelds, trust me I've had both, much more power out of hp tuners.
    I read online about something contacting a person and you tell them what mods you have and they tune something for you for 125. is that worth it? because the only dyno place ive heard of in michigan cost 500 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    I read online about something contacting a person and you tell them what mods you have and they tune something for you for 125. is that worth it? because the only dyno place ive heard of in michigan cost 500 dollars
    That's about right, in fact your lucky, mine cost me $600.

I gotta admit though I don't know much about the online tuning thing, maybe one of the other guys can help you.

However I will say this, in my mind a great part of tuning is about the tuner having the car physically there in his shop for him to judge what needs to be done with it. There's a big difference between having information on a piece of paper about the car (where everything is theoretical), and having the car in your shop on a dynojet to tune and retune until it comes out right. Every car is different, even cars with the same mods, so the only way to make up for that is having it physically there. Want it done right the first time without risking problems? Get a pro tune.

And about the tune for the 125 shot, if that's the reason you want the tune I'd just get the Harris controller, it costs less than a tune for the whole unit. It automatically changes the timing for you when you spray. Makes you quicker off the line by letting you run the advanced timing at low rpm when not spraying and in between shifts and retards the timing only as the nitrous is being sprayed.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-04-2009 at 06:28 PM.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

This kid i used to go to highschool with wants to race me. He has a 02 mustang gt, with flowmaster, cats, shorty headers, thorttle body, and intake and a handheld tuner. he hasnt got the thorttle body yet and the tuner but says he will but i dont know if he will. I have a 1999 ws6 a4 with just a corsa right now. Can i beat him now with just the exhaust? And when we do finally race when all this snow clears, ill have pacesetter lts, tsph catted y and volant intake and would i be able to beat him then?
    I know I am going to sound like a dick,but with a name like cobra killer you sure are naive .

If you can drive you should skin his ass alive.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    I know I am going to sound like a dick,but with a name like cobra killer you sure are naive .

If you can drive you should skin his ass alive.
    DAMN!

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

DAMN!
    hahhaaha, yeah i know but i mean i just gotta make sure.

hahhaaha, yeah i know but i mean i just gotta make sure.
    true to that

blau-green
    2001 T/A

Of course you can easy.Last sat.I take 04 mustang gt easy and I have only ram air hood,flowmaster muffler and high performance D/s brake rottors.Today on dyno test my bird push 363 rwhp and 402 torque

white
    2000 Z28

hit the sponsor section and go to lsxtune.com he has mail order tunes for emissions/bolt on mods. bolt ons wont be hard to dial in but internals are required to get someone up close and personnal with the tune.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by camaro071 View Post
    Of course you can easy.Last sat.I take 04 mustang gt easy and I have only ram air hood,flowmaster muffler and high performance D/s brake rottors.Today on dyno test my bird push 363 rwhp and 402 torque
    how do you push those numbers if you only have a hood and flowmasters???????????? no way thats possible
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    how do you push those numbers if you only have a hood and flowmasters???????????? no way thats possible
    I agree
    He's be lucky to have those numbers at the flywheel.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    hit the sponsor section and go to lsxtune.com he has mail order tunes for emissions/bolt on mods. bolt ons wont be hard to dial in but internals are required to get someone up close and personnal with the tune.
    thank you

blau-green
    2001 T/A

it is a true

I don't know how I got this numbers but I can show the test results.I have car for 4 months and the previos owner tell me everything is stock.Even guy who do dyno test was supprised with those numbers.I have no reason to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro071 View Post
    I don't know how I got this numbers but I can show the test results.I have car for 4 months and the previos owner tell me everything is stock.Even guy who do dyno test was supprised with those numbers.I have no reason to lie.
    Off topic, but this isn't the only thread where you're mentioned this. Not ripping on you or anything and I don't think you're lying but the dyno where you got your car tested HAD to have been off calibration or broken. I would go back to the shop that dynoed your car and demand another run, they had to have known by those numbers that they were inaccurate, and on that note you should be even more pissed off that they didn't tell you.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-09-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Off topic, but this isn't the only thread where you're mentioned this. Not ripping on you or anything and I don't think you're lying but the dyno where you got your car tested HAD to have been off calibration or broken. I would go back to the shop that dynoed your car and demand another run, they had to have known by those numbers that they were inaccurate, and on that note you should be even more pissed off that they didn't tell you.
    Amen to that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information