Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I hope this never happens to any of you.

This is a discussion on I hope this never happens to any of you. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Florida law enforcment doesn't play around,hope they bust this slime ball's azz! Posted via Mobile Device...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Florida law enforcment doesn't play around,hope they bust this slime ball's azz!
    Posted via Mobile Device

black
    2000 transam ws6-m6

Damn real sorry to hear of this happening to you, I am a technician by trade and pricks like this give good honest techs/ and shops a bad name. I sure hope you get some kind of justice either by you getting an attorney or good old carma good luck anyway

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

IF you're on these forums you obviously know how to use the internet

My advice to anyone reading here is this. After I ALMOST got scammed a few yrs ago, I realized that doing research on anybody or anything is as simple as typing in on google "insert company here" scam, or fraud, or complaints etc etc. Do multiple searches with diff negative tags after the company name or product name. It has saved me alot of headaches, it immediately eliminates certain companies because they have so many negative issues. My initial almost scam was from a gray market company called fotoconnection.com. I wiggled out of it thankfully. Go ahead and google fotoconnection.com fraud and it will show you how easy it is nowadays to easily eliminate bad companies like the one mentioned in this thread

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

That sucks man, definitely get some electronic evidence of payments you have given to this guy.

black
    2001 Trans Am

I hate to hear about people gettin screwed by these shops, especially when it happens to someone such as yourself who has so bravely served this country (Way to go Chris, way to show your support to someone who has fought for your freedoms, you low life piece of S*&t!!!) I really hope everything works out for you, and you can get your car done so you can enjoy it.

02 Z06, 09 Z06, 07 C6

Anyone having such accounts and losses from Chris Harwood needs to take steps now to help us all recover what we can from him. There is overwhelming evidence that cases such as the one displayed here are not isolated incidents. Nor do they seem to indicate any accidental failing of customer service, or oversights in prioritizing the workload. In my opinion, all the cases surfacing are painting a blatant picture of blatant WILLFUL fraud and theft being perpetrated by Chris Harwood.

There is an ongoing thread on my site in the Board of Inquiry forum where information concerning the local investigator is listed who I strongly suggest you contact ASAP.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...play.php?f=100

I am PERSONALLY involved in this as my car was at Chris's shop for 11 months and finally had to be towed away to another shop. 11 months and there is STILL a lot of stuff that needs to be done to finish it up.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

well something got to him. since I have mad this post he has bought the parts I am missing and sent them to the machine shop. with the promise that the car will be done right in a timely manner. got the invoice and tracking number today

Torrid Red
    2005 GTO

Last edited by Fatbum; 10-05-2010 at 04:25 PM.

02 Z06, 09 Z06, 07 C6

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    well something got to him. since I have mad this post he has bought the parts I am missing and sent them to the machine shop. with the promise that the car will be done right in a timely manner. got the invoice and tracking number today
    Well, good luck with that. There are quite a few people, myself included, that Chris owes money to. He finally confirmed to me via email that I did NOT get the transmission and differential that I paid for. I have an invoice from him for that transmission and differential that he apparently just faked to make me believe I got what I paid for. He spray painted my turbo housings and claimed that Jet Hot just did a crappy job of ceramic coating them. Unfortunately for Chris, I got the true story directly from Jet Hot. And Chris had the balls to think that I couldn't tell the difference between spray painting and ceramic coating. Flat out lied to my face about it.

From what I understand, he is telling people he will make things right, but so far there is no evidence at all of that taking place.

So here's the $64 question: If Chris lied to you before, why do you believe him now? And what makes you so special that he would take care of you FIRST, rather than all the local people after him? My opinion is that you are NOT local, therefor he can say what he wants to you, and you have no way to verify what he claims.

Of particular interest to you should be the fact that the owner of the building where Chris had XtremeMotorsports has EVICTED Chris from the property. So even though your car is there, Chris doesn't have access to the building any longer. Please contact John Arnold (who owns the property) about it.

I also strongly urge you to contact the investigator, Bob Buchholz, working on this case.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

stories like these are what scare me into not doing any mods on my car that would require a shop's work.

Black/Red on Black
    2000 WS6

Wow, I am in FL as well and was thinking of getting cams/heads done to my ride. Does that job really take years to complete at a shop, or is your case extreme. I don't want to be without my car THAT long as it is my DD. I was hoping a week at the most, lol.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by trtexasaf101 View Post
    Wow, I am in FL as well and was thinking of getting cams/heads done to my ride. Does that job really take years to complete at a shop, or is your case extreme. I don't want to be without my car THAT long as it is my DD. I was hoping a week at the most, lol.
    absolutely not, if you were to do the job by yourself or with a friend it should take around a week if you work on it everyday, with a shop....depends how busy they are, but I wouldn't put up for any more than 1-2wks.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

well for what its worth, I just got my engine back from lme in texas. so chris did pay for and send those parts to texas like he said. so now I do have the engine. but weather or not it will find its way in the car is another story.....

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

not being able to drive my car for 3yrs and having a 408...i would problably just had put it in myself if I was in you shoes.

Hope you keep figuring it out man, good luck!

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

well for what its worth, I just got my engine back from lme in texas. so chris did pay for and send those parts to texas like he said. so now I do have the engine. but weather or not it will find its way in the car is another story.....

Adam,

Protect yourself... Go to the private investigator and at least notify him about your situation so he has more ammunition for his case. Also if you continue to get screwed over then it won't be a fresh start with PI after you already had the info. Don't trust that fool he has got a lot of peoples money and fucked them over. Lots of people from the Ls1tech also. Protect your interest whcih is your TA...

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

I am looking at other options but I got orders to 5th force in Oki. And he will put the engine in for free. but I know that means nothing if it never gets done. But to have it put in by anyone else its going to cost me around 2500. and my recent promotion as you know is not that much. But how the hell have you been? you would not even recognize dive school anymore.....where are you now?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I am looking at other options but I got orders to 5th force in Oki. And he will put the engine in for free. but I know that means nothing if it never gets done. But to have it put in by anyone else its going to cost me around 2500. and my recent promotion as you know is not that much. But how the hell have you been? you would not even recognize dive school anymore.....where are you now?
    Well just stay on top of it but I would give that guy a call just so he is aware of you also. I would take it somewhere else for tunning though. This sounds like that would be the next thing a fucked up tune and then more shit would go wrong. I doing good. Congrats on your promotion! I have heard from Roig that everything has changed there. That is interesting. I am still on the exchange program with the Dutch Royal Marines. Take care!

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

well I have a brand new 408 new heads,cam and everything. And in the car is a shot ls1. Found a shop that will install it for $1800.00 and tune it here in PCB. Now chris wont return my calls. I am going to fucking snap

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

yalked to the ownerofthe shop today,,he said I can come get my car, said he wants it out ofthere. I cant say I blame him. Not sure if I will get the engine in before I leave for Okinawa....might be a project for when i get home from my 3 years over there. It just destroys me that my preasent to my self for making it thru Iraq and my dream car has now been a non running piece of shit for the last two years.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

That sucks to hear. When you leaving for Oki? I hope you can at least get the motor in the car before you leave.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information