Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I hope this never happens to any of you.

This is a discussion on I hope this never happens to any of you. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Now that's a little scary Sorry to hear it. It is possible this was a great ...

1988 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Now that's a little scary Sorry to hear it. It is possible this was a great shop at one time or another. I've seen so many of them close up in the last year or so that it's really not surprising to see a shop recommended by so many turn to dirty deals like this.
    People do dirty things when they have bills to pay and they are at their wits end. What's worse is they usually start up another shop under another name and do it all over again. This economy has brought out the worst in people.
    Yup. He is already doing the new shop name and move.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 09-20-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: No links to other forums

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sorry to hear about this and I hope it all works out in your favor...

With that said though, when he f'd you over and f'd your car up the first time, that should have been a BIG RED FLAG to not go back to the same douche bag!

pewter
    2000 T/A WS.6

That sux. Was this the same guy that gave us the run around about the cam I was trying to buy from u. Reguardless Adam is a good guy we couldn't get the cam so he sent my money back without hessitation.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thats real bad to hear. Never heard of that shop but will steer anyone away if mentioned.

Hope you get your car how it should be

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

Quote Originally Posted by FBracing1222 View Post
    That sux. Was this the same guy that gave us the run around about the cam I was trying to buy from u. Reguardless Adam is a good guy we couldn't get the cam so he sent my money back without hessitation.
    yes same guy and thank you for being so understanding. I didint even mention that mess

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

so I just got a call from brian at late model engine. the shop where chris shipped my engine. seems I am not the only one chris is jerking around. I am not surprised that chris lied to lme either. They are trying to help as much as they can but when you dont have all the parts its kinda hard for them to throw together an engine. At least they are trying to help. Wish I had just gone with them in the first place

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

chris told lme all the parts were shipped there and sure enough they were not

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    chris told lme all the parts were shipped there and sure enough they were not
    What a peice of shit. I would confront him face to face and ask him where all my parts were.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sorry to hear...

Not sure about Florida, but verbal contracts are generally enforceable. I assume you have cancelled checks or credit card receipts for what you have paid him. Type up a synposis of the transaction between you guys, including a timeline with dates (as best you can remember) and give that to the attorney so he has the whole story. Any statements the douchebag made to you about the work, cost, time to complete, etc. should be admissable if it ever gets to court. This includes any receipts, paperwork, or writings he prepared. I always hate seeing fellow car guys get screwed when they try to get work done.
    In Fl verbal contracts are honored. Also to the OP, if you didnt pay cash for your parts/etc, and you payed debit or credit for everything there will be electronic records that you can call and ask to have mailed to you from your bank or credit card company. That should help you out if you end up going to court with the case. Hate seeing a fellow servicemember get screwed. Good luck with everything man.

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

damn that sucks that shits bullshit

White
    1998 Trans Am

Sorry to hear it and it happens a lot everywhere. Plenty of shops like that in Houston. Worst part is they come recommended and probably use to do good work. I have gone to some shops that did good work and a year later I hear horror stories and have even had them screw me over after I had brought my car there several times with no issues. I say get a lawyer and your paperwork and try suing him if not there is always duct tape and alligators.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    What a peice of shit. I would confront him face to face and ask him where all my parts were.
    I have to mentally prepare myself for jail time before I do something like that, because situations like that have never turned out civilized for me

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Time for a class action...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

You still serving?

If yes, contact JAG, at the least if this is a local business you would be able to get him on the black list. It can hurt his business. they may also be willing to make contact with him.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I have to mentally prepare myself for jail time before I do something like that, because situations like that have never turned out civilized for me
    I have calmed down a lot over the years.... I know what you mean though. Usually if you confront people face to face they are more likely to go"Oh shit, I might should fix this before I get hurt." Instead of blowing things off.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Tough situation,sounds like this chris guy needs a good country ass whippin'.someone will give it to him if he keeps his shit up.you are handling the right way,much more satisfaction from getting your money.hope it turns out well for you. Btw where in Fla is this "shop"
    Posted via Mobile Device

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Blountstown,Fl...my bad I forgot you posted that in the story.
    Posted via Mobile Device

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

So maybe this forum got to him. He contacted me last night and e-mailed me an invoice for the parts i need.

blue
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    You still serving?

If yes, contact JAG, at the least if this is a local business you would be able to get him on the black list. It can hurt his business. they may also be willing to make contact with him.
    what he said..JAG.. mite help if u go high up...Had JAG help me at Dover,AFB

make him get the parts W/ his money..not ur's...just pull out
    Last edited by 20ws6speed01; 09-24-2010 at 04:00 AM.

1988 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    So maybe this forum got to him. He contacted me last night and e-mailed me an invoice for the parts i need.
    No, it's not just this forum. It's the fact there are 3 other people with unfinished cars that just had to pick them up. One is missing his 383 and heads. A lot of this info is over on corvette florida. According to what was posted on CF Chris has been evicted from the Blountstown shop.

This was posted by them:

i have filed a complaint with:

Bob Buchholz
    IVESTIGATOR II
    Divistion of consumer services, Bureau of Investigations

his contact info is:

850 871 0530 and 850 528 1909

i encourage everyone to get in contact with him asap.
    They are going after him for criminal fraud now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information