NBM
    2000 WS-6

I hate my Loudmouth exhaust

I've got the Loudmouth catback and it was awsome. Last year I got a ticket for "No muffler" so I had a cheap muffler installed for the judge. Now I hate how it sounds - no sound! The problem is that I didn't think of keeping the Y-pipe that was cut off now I'm looking at buying a new Loudmouth setup. Maybe get the new bullet muffler; I still have the original resonator. Where can I get the large oval tips like the Mechams, but without the Mecham logo?

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Lol i've been there. After I got 'yelled at' I bought a magnaflow cat back. LTs and ORY still allow it to sound tame until you hit the pedal. Sounds mean, super aggressive.

Idk on your specific question though man, sorry. GL
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Personally...I would avoid SLP for this new set-up. The thread title says it all...

Magnaflow.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

I am very confused here.. do u hate your quiet muffler (not the LM)?..... is the LM still on your exhaust in addition to the cheap/quiet muffler? Whyd you cut your y pipe? Or is this all irrelevant cause youre just looking for mecham style tips?

2001 WS6 | Sunset Orange Metallic | M6 | SLP Lid | SLP Loudmoth | Koni 4/3 | Strano Springs
    UMI Subframe Connectors | UMI On-Car Adjustable PHB | UMI Short Stick | 5000k HIDs | much much more to come...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    I've got the Loudmouth catback and it was awsome. Last year I got a ticket for "No muffler" so I had a cheap muffler installed for the judge. Now I hate how it sounds - no sound! The problem is that I didn't think of keeping the Y-pipe that was cut off now I'm looking at buying a new Loudmouth setup. Maybe get the new bullet muffler; I still have the original resonator. Where can I get the large oval tips like the Mechams, but without the Mecham logo?
    why didn't you fight the ticket??? a resonator qualifies as a muffler...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

That's weird I've never gotten a ticket for my exhaust and I have the loudmouth. I don't see where they had grounds to give you a ticket, like Spaz said a resonator counts as a muffler.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Some places have noise ordinances with a max decibel level. Maybe it exceeded it. Sucks but that's the law for ya.

And, another plug for MagnaFlow. Quiet till you hit the loud pedal...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 07-08-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

NBM
    2000 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    I am very confused here.. do u hate your quiet muffler (not the LM)?..... is the LM still on your exhaust in addition to the cheap/quiet muffler? Whyd you cut your y pipe? Or is this all irrelevant cause youre just looking for mecham style tips?
    Ok, sorry for the confussion. Tha LM isremoved after the resonator, and then the cheap muffler is on the last half. Actually I really like the LM, just not the sound w/ the muffler. Now that I'm looking to restore the exhaust with the LMII and new Mecham tips. And yes, I am looking for the Mecham style tips.
    Smasher

2000 WS-6, NBM, BGRA, Clear Lid, Delphi MAF, Bobbit EGR, FLP Long Tubes, SLP Loudmouth, STB, SFC, EradiSpeed rotors, Fire Hawks, and lots of Zaino

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I've been pulled over once for mine, but only given a warning and asked to remove it.

black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

i went through a road block the other night and the state patrols were surrounding my car talking about how good it sounds, i have the slp longtubes,y-pipe,and loudmouth with a cam,glad i didnt get harrassed,guess some cops are cool and some are dicks, anyway go with magnaflow if you arent going back slp but id check your local laws on that issue because you dont wanna buy a new exhaust sys. and have the same problem over again.....

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i got rid of my LM2 when i did my LTs/ORY and i'm happy i did it. no more shitty v6 like drone and a freaking awesome sound when i punch it! so many people say the same thing and i just don't get why people still buy the LM systems.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Well I have the loudmouth with lts and catted y and it sounds awesome, meaning deep and aggressive without drone, I would imagine it would sound ridiculous without cats though.

NBM
    2000 WS-6

Woohoo, I ordered my LMII w/ 4" tips from WS6 speed on Friday, Fed Ex tracking shows it should arrive today!!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Some places have noise ordinances with a max decibel level. Maybe it exceeded it....
    this may be true. however, how many cops carry a decibel meter in their vehicles?!

it was most certainly worth fighting. just because a citation was issued, or the officer feels it was in violation, doesn't mean that actually was.
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 07-19-2011 at 05:37 AM.

NBM
    2000 WS-6

It arrived today! 100 degrees outside now (hotter inside garage), maybe install tonite.
    I was pulled over for a complaint. I should have fought the ticket; more importantly I should have kept the old parts. Oh well, now I've got the resonator and the bullet muffler, so I can swap them as needed.

Blue
    2002-WS6

mine had the loud mouth without cats and it was loud, removed it and installed a single chamber flowmaster, still loud but not as bad and the torquer v2 in my 6.0 sounds nice through it. i have been complimented countless times on how good it sounds, sitting still and driving down the road. if i ever change it i will go magnaflow though.

Thread Information