I found a 2002 T/A 2 Door Coupe NHRA Package Question.

I am looking at a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Coupe 2D , that has the NHRA Package and its
    a 1 owner car which I like, 6 speed, 91,000 miles black, leather, T-Tops, magnoflow catback system,
    ( what ever that is.) everything original one dent on side wheel well and tear in leather driver seat,
    new tires, tune up, and good condition, however it doesn't have the same Ram Air hood is that correct? Is it less expensive? I can't really tell by KBB but I am going to re check, the asking price is 14,500. I am just wondering if this is better or the same as a Ram air WS6 or does it sell for
    less?

Thank you, Lisa

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

NHRA cars did not come with the ram air hood. They are rarer than a WS6 but not necessarily more desirable/valuable, just interesting. Check out this thread for more information http://www.ls1.com/forums/f36/what-m...rans-am-87987/

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

The KBB is just a guide and should not determine what you pay or get for a vehicle. You need to see what a car sells for. I like to use Ebay " Recently sold vehicles " to determine what I will pay or get for a car. Now, on to your issue. The NHRA T/A is a very rare vehicle but that does not make it expensive. My college economics professor taught us that supply and demand drive pricing and the market. The supply may be low (Rare Vehicle) but what is the demand ? The reason this vehicle has a low production number may be because nobody wanted one then and now. Another rule we were taught is that pricing is what someone is willing to pay for an item. He can price that car at 50,000 dollars but it doesn't mean someone is going to pay that much. The last lesson we were taught is a quote from P.T.Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute". Be wise and start low and work your way up to a deal. Good luck.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Make sure it has the 1SH RPO code otherwise it's a clone.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by boxergirl View Post
    I am looking at a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Coupe 2D , that has the NHRA Package and its
    a 1 owner car which I like, 6 speed, 91,000 miles black, leather, T-Tops, magnoflow catback system,
    ( what ever that is.) everything original one dent on side wheel well and tear in leather driver seat,
    new tires, tune up, and good condition, however it doesn't have the same Ram Air hood is that correct? Is it less expensive? I can't really tell by KBB but I am going to re check, the asking price is 14,500. I am just wondering if this is better or the same as a Ram air WS6 or does it sell for
    less?

Thank you, Lisa
    NO WAY any T/A w/ 91K on the clock is worth more than ~7-8K. The only thing special about an NHRA optioned car is the decals, and if it had the A4 transmission, the 3.23 rear was thrown in (which this car doesn't have). A WS6 on the other hand has the cool hood, raised airbox, better flowing exhaust, 17" rims/tires and slightly better tuned suspension than a non-WS6 car. Even then, at 91K, WS6 adds probably no more than $1K to the resale value.

Run, don't walk from this guy looking for a sucker.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Thread Information