Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How?

This is a discussion on I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Please just answer this question. Why would i go through all this trouble of this post to lie to you ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Please just answer this question. Why would i go through all this trouble of this post to lie to you guys and make all this up? I am not benefiting anything from this at all. On Pass Time a black Trans Am LS1 with a tune, 3.73s, and radials ran an 11.5 ,,,,simple as that. He said that was all that was done to it. As far as my car goes, maybe there is more done to it that i dont know of but im pretty knowledgeable about what my car has and doesnt have. Just because it was given to me im not stupid. The car has been in my family since May 17th, 1998.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    My very first race at a track, stock except lid and SFC, street tires I ran 11.4852 @ 97.13 (I keep the slip in my wallet).

After very minor mods and better street tires I got down to a 10.9. Cant remember MPH but I think 99. All of this was an '02 Z28 M6.

BTW on a 1000' track.
    I like that lol

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    Please just answer this question. Why would i go through all this trouble of this post to lie to you guys and make all this up? I am not benefiting anything from this at all. On Pass Time a black Trans Am LS1 with a tune, 3.73s, and radials ran an 11.5 ,,,,simple as that. He said that was all that was done to it. As far as my car goes, maybe there is more done to it that i dont know of but im pretty knowledgeable about what my car has and doesnt have. Just because it was given to me im not stupid. The car has been in my family since May 17th, 1998.
    I don't know why you'd bother to lie, either. But the bottom line is, neither your car with the mods you list, or a stock TA with only a tune, gears, and DR's could run those times. It isn't possible. There is no way you will convince anyone who knows anything about these cars otherwise. I have 4.10 gears, a tune, and slicks...plus a whole lot more. So why can I only turn an 11.9? Either everybody here is wrong, or you are..........see how things are looking?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I don't know why you'd bother to lie, either. But the bottom line is, neither your car with the mods you list, or a stock TA with only a tune, gears, and DR's could run those times. It isn't possible. There is no way you will convince anyone who knows anything about these cars otherwise. I have 4.10 gears, a tune, and slicks...plus a whole lot more. So why can I only turn an 11.9? Either everybody here is wrong, or you are..........see how things are looking?
    I completely understand you. The reason i posted all of this is because IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE!! lol I'm telling you what i saw on Pass Time and what happened in real life. My best friend also has a 2000 WS6 with 100,000 miles on it. He has LT headers and a magnaflow exhaust with a lid. That's it. Keep in mind this car was beaten the shit out of its whole life and it ran a 13.1 at Milan last year. Now his trans blew for the 2nd time. My car has 46,000 original babied miles.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

It's not hard to believe, it's unbelievable. As I said, no one who knows anything about these cars, let alone most members here, will believe you. It's as simple as that.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'd be more than happy to race the OP. I have just a little more HP than a GT500 so me and the OP should be neck and neck. We can even record the race.
    It's on jackstands.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Haha I was thinking the same then Jon.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I don't know Jon, when a stock TA can run an 11.5...... with your mods you should be running about a 7.3 or so in the 1/4. No higher than 8. I don't think it'd be a fair race.......

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Ok, now you guys are just fucking with me. My t/a isnt stock. If i can find the video on youtube ill post it. What do u run in the 1/4 mile sir?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I'm not refering to your car as the one being stock. You said that you saw one, with gears, a tune, and DR's - all stock motor - ran 11.5. Then you said your car, with the mods listed, ran an 11.9. So, with Jon's mods, he should be running in the 7 to 8 range. That's the logic you're using. My car will run an 11.9, and Chris's car an 11.8. The amount of mods on our cars - to the engine and drivetrain - far excede anything you have listed.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quick question, i noticed you guys brought up the SFCs alot. To my knowledge, those dont give you horsepower? Besides roughening the ride and stiffening the chassis, whats it do?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

100 Shot NOS
    3.73 gears NGK plugs/ MSD wires
    160 degree thermostat
    hypertech tuned
    ZR1 rims (285 all around)
    MAC midlength headers/exhaust (cat delete)
    Eibach springs Raptor ram air hood (cold air intake w/ heat extractors)
    Subfram connectors/ 4 point roll cage/ strut tower brace
    B&M shift kit

The only thing you list that adds any hp is the nitrous. The shift kit may firm up your shifts, but without a convertor you won't see any gain of significance. The gears will help slightly. That's it.

And why did you ask what your car would run in the other thread, if you already knew what it would run? Doesn't make sense.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quick question, i noticed you guys brought up the SFCs alot. To my knowledge, those dont give you horsepower? Besides roughening the ride and stiffening the chassis, whats it do?
    That's all they do.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    That's all they do.
    I asked because I havnt ran it and i wanted you guys opinions. A driver is the biggest mod a car has. Just because my brother ran that doesnt mean i will at all. I dont care if you have a 10 second car, in the wrong hands it can run 14s. You get me?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

And headers/exhaust along with ram air and chip/tune doesnt add hp? wow i was sorely mistaken

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It doesn't matter if God is driving your car, it will not run what you state with your given mods. If you are being honest then you have mods you don't know about. It's that simple.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Mid length headers do not benefit our cars. The hypertech tune is probably doing more harm than good. Our cars do not use chips. Ram air - unless fully boxed and sealed, won't make enough difference to matter.

Your other thread makes no sense then. If you know what the car is capable of, and seeing as how none of us know you, how would we be able to tell you what you would run?

Again, things do not add up. Especially to an 11.9 second car without using nitrous.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

And headers/exhaust along with ram air and chip/tune doesnt add hp? wow i was sorely mistaken
    Oh they do add HP, but not enough to get you into the 11s.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Oh wow, and it's an A4 with a stock stall......which means you should be hitting 10s with that bad boy LOL.
    K bud here's the thing, my last car was a A4 Z28, what similar mods as your's.
    LT's, 3.73s, Drag radials, full intake and exhaust, tune, SFCs, lowered, LCAs, Konis all the way around, and adjustable PHR, all through a stock stall and stock 16in wheels(not even the 17/18in ZR1s you have.
    A few things about that car.
    1. A4s with stock stalls suck balls, and there's no way you're going to run a 11sec pass with one, unless it isn't a stock motor.
    2. My car dyno'd in at 340/340
    3. I never made a pass(0r anyone else driving my car) faster than a 12.7
    Your story=false

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Easy gents.

I have to agree with the majority that the time simply does not comport with the stated mods. However, arguing about this on the intrawebs, although entertaining, isn't going to do anything but cause an undue rise in blood pressure. It is what it is.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information