Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149
Like Tree3Likes

I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How?

This is a discussion on I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Sooo i have the 98 T/A and my sister bought a 2011 Grand sport auto, and my bro in laws ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    99

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

    I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How?

    Sooo i have the 98 T/A and my sister bought a 2011 Grand sport auto, and my bro in laws have a 2009 ZO6 and a 2010 convertible GT 500 and a 300C SRT8. So we were all talking shit about each tohers cars and of course at a Trans Am owner i couldnt take hearing that my car was the slowest cuz it had the least horsepower and its "old technology" so we raced....thos is the outcome

    Shelby: from a dig i won. 20 roll-won...50 roll...won
    ZO6: from a dig head to head. 20 Roll- won 50 roll head to head till 90 then he started pulling
    Grand sport: beat in everything (vettes are over rated)
    SRT8: he got smoked in everything the worst!!!

    Can some one please tell me that i didnt see shit or that im just not crazy? loll this is no lie and they are decent drivers.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    you got any mods? if not they are not decent drivers, srt should have been a drivers race, gt500 could be close but probably should have beat you, the vettes should have smoked you if your stock

  3. #3
    Member pewterz55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    502

    light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

    you a4 or m6? mods? all those cars shouldve beat you especially the vettes. (the 300 couldve been either way i guess)

  4. #4
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    Can some one please tell me that i didnt see shit or that im just not crazy?
    sorry I can't. there is no way you beat a 505hp 31XXlb vette in a fair race, even if your car has moderate H/C/I. you said they were calling your car 'old technology', maybe they felt bad for you and let you win, that's the only way this happened.

  5. #5
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arlington,Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    815

    Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    sorry i can't. There is no way you beat a 505hp 31xxlb vette in a fair race, even if your car has moderate h/c/i. You said they were calling your car 'old technology', maybe they felt bad for you and let you win, that's the only way this happened.
    +1

    This story COULD be true if the other cars spun through each and every gear and/or the driver was paraplegic.......I'll give him the benefit of the doubt
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 10-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  6. #6
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Or they have no idea how to drive. I can't tell you how many times I've been at the track and seen old guys come pulling up in their brand new vettes, and click off a 14.xxx in the 1/4. In my hands, I'll trim seconds off what they've run. Driver is one of the biggest "mods" ever.

    If they know how to drive, then they either let the OP win, or it's BS.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    99

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

    I drove both the vettes, the GS i knew i was gonna beat because its honestly not that fast at all. It doesn't even feel fast. The ZO6 does feel faster than the GS but it still doesn't feel that much faster than my car. The Shelby i beat the shit out of on the road personally driving it before i raced and it just lags cuz its soo heavy. The 300 was just pitiful he even betted for money after he saw me win against the other cars and he lost. The thing is i have mods and all their cars are stock (xcept srt8 it has intake pushes 480HP) and i know the 300 didn't let me win cuz that was an ongoing battle of shit talking for years and i smoked him. (me and SRT8 kid are friends) and all cars are manual xcept the GS and SRT and i know the drivers of ZO6 and Shelby are very good. You could hear the engines redline and roar. I also know my car in and out i even know when the timing is a little bit off due to false knock from my Y-Pipe hitting. Again...Please explain again how i won lol.

  8. #8
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    What are your mods?

  9. #9
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arlington,Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    815

    Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

    The only way this happened is if the drivers couldn't drive. I ran a stock 10' GT500 a week ago from a 65roll. I started 1 car length ahead and he still walked me like I was just in his way. I've also raced a C5Z06 from a dig (not even an LS7 C6Z06 like OP claims) with about the same E/I mods as me and got whooped by a few car lengths, I don't even wanna think about what would happen against a C6Z06 (like the one OP beat ) My mods are in the sig.
    M6, MS3 Cam, FAST 92/92, LS7 Clutch, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, Lid, K&N, OBX LT's, 3in ORX True Duals, KYB AGX shocks, BMR 3-Point SFCs, BMR springs, BMR Adj. PHR, LCA Relos, STB, 315 NT555Rs, DeepDish C5Z06s.

  10. #10
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Let's give him a chance to list his mods. That should either support his claims, or prove him wrong.

  11. #11
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    I drove both the vettes, the GS i knew i was gonna beat because its honestly not that fast at all.
    aaaaand stopped reading there.

    I'm not even a Vette fan boy and you are delusional

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Let's give him a chance to list his mods. That should either support his claims, or prove him wrong.
    in before he has 4 turbos and a 450 shot of NAWZ.
    Last edited by justinmc978; 10-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    BLK2KSS likes this.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    carmel, in
    Posts
    1
    Lol, pathetic

  13. #13
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    in before he has 4 turbos and a 450 shot of NAWZ.
    I was hoping the OP wouldn't try that......

    I figured to give him the benefit of the doubt. You never know, as he could have a setup like Jon or Jeremy - if you know who they are on here. If so, he could probably beat those vehicles. However, if that were the case, I doubt his family would have spoken as they did, seeing as how they knew cars, and stated his had the least amount of HP. Things don't seem to add up, but I will allow the OP a chance to explain. He should either post his mods, or admit he lied.

  14. #14
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    100 Shot NOS ( I want time estimates w/ and w/o nos)
    3.73 gears
    NGK plugs/ MSD wires
    160 degree thermostat
    hypertech tuned
    ZR1 rims (285 all around)
    MAC midlength headers/exhaust (cat delete)
    Eibach springs
    Raptor ram air hood (cold air intake w/ heat extractors)
    Subfram connectors/ 4 point roll cage/ strut tower brace
    B&M shift kit
    Quarter Mile time?

    he lied.

  15. #15
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    It does appear that way. I thought something was familiar about him. I forgot about that thread. Oh well, his loss. Credability is hard to gain, and easy to lose. Especially when you do the latter to start.
    Last edited by Knight; 10-18-2011 at 07:45 PM.

  16. #16
    Former Mopar Man 2002ssslp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Branchville, NJ
    Posts
    3,111

    Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

    I'm sorry but I just can't buy that your 98 TA is going to smoke two vetts, a gt500 and an srt8 300 with mods. You would have to be super modded, supercharged with suspension mods to hook up to do what you say. I like a good story as much as the next guy but try to keep it real the next time.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    99

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

    As far as the 300 SRT8 goes we raced for money and i won. I even have it on tape if you guys would like to see it? But it was at nighttime and i even had a passenger. Ill tape another race in the daytime but That was an EASY race. I talked to his dad about it and hes an engineer for GM. He said of course i would win because i had an 98. Appearently GM had to De-tune the maros and T/As after 98 because they were beating corvettes. My bro bought the car new in 98 and beat vettes, so i know my car is probably under rated from the factory. The 300 IS fast, but i just killed him. How? i have no clue...as far as the grand sport goes, it honestly didnt feel as fast as they made it out to be. I have absolutely no reason to lie to you guys at all. I'm just sharing my experience with you guys like an honest man. The ZO6 should have won period but even when i drive that it doesnt feel too much faster than my car. My brother in law says it himself when he gets in my car (he says that and its loud cuz mines stock lol). The shelby you can just feel the power pulling all that weight (its a vert BTW) so please keep this argument going lol

  18. #18
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Here's the bottom line -
    1. There is something wrong with at least the vettes, that is causing them to not run properly
    2. They let you win
    3. You are lying

    With the mods you list for your car, there is no way that yours would win. Accounting for your statements that they are proficient drivers, there vehicles are running properly, and you list the mods above - those are the three choices. Your statements that the vettes aren't that fast, has the majority on here believing number 3. Remember, you are on a car site with some of the most knowledgable people when it comes to these cars.

  19. #19
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    As far as the 300 SRT8 goes we raced for money and i won. I even have it on tape if you guys would like to see it? But it was at nighttime and i even had a passenger. Ill tape another race in the daytime but That was an EASY race. I talked to his dad about it and hes an engineer for GM. He said of course i would win because i had an 98. Appearently GM had to De-tune the maros and T/As after 98 because they were beating corvettes. My bro bought the car new in 98 and beat vettes, so i know my car is probably under rated from the factory. The 300 IS fast, but i just killed him. How? i have no clue...as far as the grand sport goes, it honestly didnt feel as fast as they made it out to be. I have absolutely no reason to lie to you guys at all. I'm just sharing my experience with you guys like an honest man. The ZO6 should have won period but even when i drive that it doesnt feel too much faster than my car. My brother in law says it himself when he gets in my car (he says that and its loud cuz mines stock lol). The shelby you can just feel the power pulling all that weight (its a vert BTW) so please keep this argument going lol
    So the 300 IS fast but the Z06 doesn't feel powerful. Something doesn't add up there that's for sure.

    Sure in '98 your T/A would keep up with LS1 vettes but even that is a toss up because they are lighter. Your statements just don't make sense even if you were spraying. Records show a stock C6 Z06 running a 10.98. You may be able to keep up with a grand sport if you are spraying but that is best case scenario. In no way should you be walking all over the vettes with your mods.

  20. #20
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    Ill tape another race in the daytime but That was an EASY race.
    PLEASE do, I would love to see it.

    I talked to his dad about it and hes an engineer for GM. He said of course i would win because i had an 98. Appearently GM had to De-tune the maros and T/As after 98 because they were beating corvettes. My bro bought the car new in 98 and beat vettes, so i know my car is probably under rated from the factory.
    wat. there are so many things wrong with that statement I don't even know...

    your dad is either made up (like the rest of your story) or a complete idiot, "of course you would win son, you have a '98, in 1998 we gave Trans Ams and Camaros 600bhp but the next year we had to de-tune them to 300 because they were beating Corvettes" no, just no, the only thing that makes '98s different from the other LS1 years is that they use individual coil packs and retain some older technology carried over from the LT1 cars. the motors are spec'd the EXACT same as 1999 and 2000 cars. there are tests that have been done that show F-bodys putting down similar numbers as same year C5 corvettes, but no enough to blow them out of the water, (much less a C5 Z06, C6, C6 Z06) anyone who bought a '98 F-body to beat a Corvette is SEVERELY misinformed and will be disappointed, thanks dad.

    The 300 IS fast, but i just killed him. How? i have no clue...as far as the grand sport goes, it honestly didnt feel as fast as they made it out to be. I have absolutely no reason to lie to you guys at all. I'm just sharing my experience with you guys like an honest man. The ZO6 should have won period but even when i drive that it doesnt feel too much faster than my car. My brother in law says it himself when he gets in my car (he says that and its loud cuz mines stock lol). The shelby you can just feel the power pulling all that weight (its a vert BTW) so please keep this argument going lol
    FORGET the 300, this wouldn't be a big deal if you beat a 300, you are claiming to have beaten a Z06/GS/GT500, this isn't an argument, with your mods in a fair race with decent drivers you will lose, every time.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: 2010-2011 grand sport!!
    By a&aSCcorvette in forum Corvette
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 06:30 AM
  2. 2010 Grand Sport
    By cartert75 in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 06:08 PM
  3. 2010 Corvette Grand Sport ...
    By snaggeltooth in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
  4. 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
    By trev0006 in forum Corvette
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
  5. Thoughts on 2010 Grand Sport
    By hoss 2000 z-28 in forum Corvette
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •