Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    98BLKMOBILE

I am no longer making the BG RAM AIR MOD...

From the horses mouth... I am no longer making the Mod, after 5 plus years of producing these prototypes I can no longer make these systems. Here is the best answer I can give you without typing a novel...

Back when I finally perfected the system I hired a prototype shop to make the main mod and funnels because I could not produce parts that were resilient enough to handle the extreme temperatures inside the hood coupled with the limited equipment I had in my basement. Not only that but the fabrication process was quite involved and consumed most of any free time. I almost pulled the plug back then but I found a shop that was willing to work with me and give a huge cost break to make the parts in lieu of me hooking them up with new customers in and around the toy industry (my profession). I am actually amazed they held the prices for me as long as they did but recently they informed me that they could no longer make these parts due to costing issues (they were actually losing money). People always roll their eyes when I say this but even with the price break the shop was giving me I was not making nearly enough money on these. It has always been a labor of love for sure. If anyone out there is familiar with prototyping it is extremely expensive. So why you ask don't I find the best materials and make these at home again? I now have 2 children and a job that is sucking the life out of me (the job not the kids LOL) The investment in money, time, and very low profit margin is not worth it any more. I have had several emails from people wanting to buy this mod asking me to make one more batch. I sincerely wish I could make one more batch or find a shop that would cut me another deal but I know that's not gonna. I'm sure I will get a million suggestions on how I could produce these but you need to trust me... I have been in the prototyping business for 18 years now, it's my job and life, there are no options for me to consider including fiberglassing, proto tooling, injection molding etc.

The good news for existing customers is I will continue to make the Rain Blocking Plate, Replacement Gasket, and Nostril Corner Pieces. These are all fairly easy parts for me to make here at home (compared to the cast parts of the system). As of today Afterthoughts Auto and Speed Inc will continue to sell those components.

I have met so many cool people along the way, I have customers all over the world including US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Germany, Kuwait... HPP magazine did an article on my mod, which I am very proud of.... If you have ever talked to me you know I'm not some guy trying to get rich... that is furthest from the truth, I'm just a guy that loves these cars and am grateful I had an opportunity to make something with my own hands that has made so many people exited about their passion... the WS6 Thank you all for making this a fulfilling adventure

Brian Greene

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Man, I never did get one either. Completely out I assume?

Good luck on your future endeavors!!
    If someone was interested, would you be willing to sell the design? I can't do it, but someone else might.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

1966 Corvette Coupe

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! that was gonna be one of my first mods when i got a car... and this is the only kit like this isnt it?

ASC conversion # 11745
    2002 Black ebony WS6 M6

Glad I got mine it's a awsome kit! Glad to hear you will still be making gaskets and stuff though.
    02' Black WS6 M6 - Venom nitrous kit VCN-1000,B&B cat back ,MTI Carbon Lid,Racetronix FP kit,Holley Powershot Filter,BGRA,Accufab TB, March Pullies,MSD coils.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Damn, I'm glad I bought mine too. It was actually the first mod I did to my car and I love it. Quality piece and makes the ram air work like it should. I'm suprised another company hasn't offered to buy the rights and produce it themselves.
    2002 SOM Trans Am WS6 M6 #3 of 303 SOM WS6's built with M6. 341.6hp 355.0tq on Mustang dyno
    ASC #690, Converted 6/13/01, Taupe, Hurst, TCS, Last Of The Breed. 13.3 @ 107 (2.1 60') bone stock...

2.5 LS6 heads, Torquer V3, FAST 92/92.....442rwhp 392tq on mustang dyno.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

CRAP!!!! I was just going to order one in 3 days when i got payed awww this stinks... Well pal good luck on everything in the future!!! My best of wishes to you!!!

As for me..... does anyone have a BGRA kit there willing to sell?????
    Last edited by NeeD4SpeeD; 10-03-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Zentenk
    Where can I see what this mod looks like?

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Man I was just waiting to get a little extra money so I could get mine. What about a GP last run?

nightstalker50
    why dont you just increase the price to make a profit???

SUCKIN GAS AND HAULIN A$$ LIGHTS_OUT's Avatar

White
    1998 Pontiac TransAm WS7

This $ucks I was going to buy one this month

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

BG no more

Sad Sad Sad

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Ya i'd like to see what one looked like because i have done nothing in the way of producing more cold air other then ram-air h.o. hood and i think it is suggested with nitrous and i have $1000 dollars worth of new zex nitrous stuff lating in my room.

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Thanks BG, I gained 3mph and 2 1/2 tenths with your mod. Lifes to short to not have free time to spend with the family. RLTW
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    AFRs,Cam,Headers,Exhaust,Lid,BGRA,ASP,Vig 3200,Glock 19
    11.55 @ 117mph

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

I do wish someone would have a BGRA 4 sale or a left over one! I'm really dying to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    I do wish someone would have a BGRA 4 sale or a left over one! I'm really dying to buy it!
    Yeah, I was going to get one next spring.

White
    1999 WS6 Trans am

98blackmobile, Maybe air inlet systems could build them.

Black
    2013 Coupe

Brian, it's bummer your not making them anymore.

I am very happy with the kit I bought from you & the install you did for me was great.

Brian lives about an hour from me & personally installed my BGRA kit.

Thanks!

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Anybody ever rig up something just using the gasket that is still sold? What could be done with that?

black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I love the BGRA that I have in my WS6. Thanks for making such a quality piece. I gained 25 miles per tank of gas while driving on the highway from your mod

Silver
    '02 WS6

$300.00 to anyone wanting to sell their BG Ram Air?????? Any takers????

Thread Information