Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

HUD in F-Body??

This is a discussion on HUD in F-Body?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by eddielb which wire diagrams do you need specifically? i can get them all for you from my ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member Kalepsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    65

    Silver
    98 A4 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    which wire diagrams do you need specifically? i can get them all for you from my ondemand 5, this is an awesome project and would love to see more oni t
    (for the 01 Grand Prix GTP) I need to know every wire to the hud assembly, what signal it carries, and which wires go to the switch, and for what purpose.

    (for the Trans Am) I need all the wires going into the instrument cluster and what they do. I don't imagine there's a plug in the cluster that I can just put a harness into, so I need to know exactly which wires to splice to get the required information on the HUD. The HUD display has digital speedometer, turn signals, check gauges, low fuel indication, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Maybe you should just try wiring in a couple of features like the speedo' or something to begin with?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Rhinohuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1,460

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    My uncle said he could get an HUD and instrument cluster wiring diagram for a XLR. I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but I will try to get my hands on it.

  4. #44
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    i got all those wiring diagrams, ill post them asap, im going to bed now but ill post em in the morning !

  5. #45
    Junior Member Kalepsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    65

    Silver
    98 A4 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Maybe you should just try wiring in a couple of features like the speedo' or something to begin with?
    Well, yeah, the speedo is the most important part of it, so that's where I'm going to be concentrating first. I don't like to go halfway with a project (unless I run out of money to spend on it), so after I know it will work with speedo, I'll try to get every part of it to work.

  6. #46
    Junior Member Kalepsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    65

    Silver
    98 A4 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    My uncle said he could get an HUD and instrument cluster wiring diagram for a XLR. I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but I will try to get my hands on it.
    I'm pretty sure the HUD units and the wiring are different from the GPs to the Caddies, but I'd appreciate any and all information anyone can provide.

  7. #47
    Junior Member Kalepsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    65

    Silver
    98 A4 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    i got all those wiring diagrams, ill post them asap, im going to bed now but ill post em in the morning !
    If you want, you can PM them to me or email it to lordkalenth@yahoo.com. I'm going to try to finish this thing over the Christmas/New Year break, so the sooner the better. Thanks!

  8. #48
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    subscribed

  9. #49
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    x2..shy about the mechanical stuff; but i'll tear right into the electrical stuff... Thanks for undertaking this project--very neat idea!

  10. #50
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalepsis View Post
    (for the 01 Grand Prix GTP) I need to know every wire to the hud assembly, what signal it carries, and which wires go to the switch, and for what purpose.

    (for the Trans Am) I need all the wires going into the instrument cluster and what they do. I don't imagine there's a plug in the cluster that I can just put a harness into, so I need to know exactly which wires to splice to get the required information on the HUD. The HUD display has digital speedometer, turn signals, check gauges, low fuel indication, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.
    so basically all you need is the pin-outs

    could this site help? its for an LT1 but maybe?

    http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

  11. #51
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    ill send the email in like 10 minutes

  12. #52
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    email sent... all wiring diagrams for HUD on 01 gran prix gtp, and 01 transam, letme know if anyone else who wants to undertake this wants the diagrams... this seems very very doable

  13. #53
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    The Windshield glass is different on the GPs for HUD/non-HUD cars....but I don't know how well it work work with Normal glass....
    I had the defi unit in my '96 Corvette and you could read the display fine with the regular windshield.
    It mounted on top of the dash, hence no cutting.
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe the defi unit is available any longer.

  14. #54
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    defi unit? thats cool, how did you like the HUD?

  15. #55
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    email sent... all wiring diagrams for HUD on 01 gran prix gtp, and 01 transam, letme know if anyone else who wants to undertake this wants the diagrams... this seems very very doable
    I would like them

  16. #56
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    email?

  17. #57
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4


  18. #58
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    email sent !

  19. #59
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    defi unit? thats cool, how did you like the HUD?
    It was great........displayed RPM's & MPH. Didn't have to take my eyes off what was in front of me when I was road racing the Corvette.
    Would love to have the same set up in the SS.

  20. #60
    T/A Everyday oreowizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    199

    blue
    98 T/A LS-1

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    I had the defi unit in my '96 Corvette and you could read the display fine with the regular windshield.
    It mounted on top of the dash, hence no cutting.
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe the defi unit is available any longer.
    Is the defi unit an add-on? If they may still be available, where would be the best place to look for one?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Swap an f-body rear end into a G-Body car
    By Carmine lucchese in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 02:38 PM
  2. Auto Body Repair & Body Primer Paint - Straight As
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
  4. 98-02 stock LS1 f-body throttle body
    By noblesramair in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 06:59 PM
  5. Spohn body mount torque arm for LS1 f-body..unused.
    By Broken_Wankel in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •