Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how would i do against a stock cobra

This is a discussion on how would i do against a stock cobra within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Has A LOT to do with the tune as well. Some run a conservative tune, others push the limits and ...

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Has A LOT to do with the tune as well. Some run a conservative tune, others push the limits and boost to the edge.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Back to the point though he said a stock cobra, if you can drive your car and run mid to high 12s, you should be a good race or a easy win depending on driver

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Back to the point though he said a stock cobra, if you can drive your car and run mid to high 12s, you should be a good race or a easy win depending on driver

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Yes, you really need to run your own car and find out what it can do. Termy's are fast, but keep in mind that some of our cars came off the line as factory freaks also. The 325 hp at the crank is really underrated. I've beat sti's from a dig and those little suckers are quick. I've buried a Mach I, and I've ran a C6 vette that couldn't catch me. Did I mention that I'm stock except for a lid and k&n filter? I haven't been to the track, and I've never been on the dyno or had a tune. I know my car is quick and I know I'm running more than the 325hp quoted by the factory. Get out there and run your car and find out what you can do.

Is it just me or does this question pop up every other day? You have to run your car if you can hit high 12s then you can play with a stock 03/04 cobra. If you are still in the 13s then you'll need to pray the person driving the cobra can't drive. You can look at 1/4 mi times for our cars or any car for that matter and they are all over the place with identical mods. It takes the all important DRIVER mod to get any car to run what it should. That's why there are donkeys at the track in stock 03/04 cobras running mid 13s. It's also why you see a stock LS1 hit low 13s and high 12s some times. It's not just that the car is a freak it's the person behind the wheel.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

And with that said we need to end this post lol

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    what kind of rwhp and track times would a cobra have with full boltons, pulley and tune?
    with jusa billetflow pulley,exhaust and a dyno tune , my friend went 11.9 on street tires. Just to give u an idea, those things are fucking quick. Send the blower out to stiegemeier, catback, tune, pulley and intake will get u near 500 or over to the wheels. And u will go very deep into the 11's. If ur not running a h/c or a nitrous dont go picking on a cobra. hell i ran an 11.13 and im still afraid of them

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

the cobras are scary and in general they can be a lot faster than an lsx with the same boltons (due to the blower of course). But i love to see when a lighter GM car with less hp takes the win.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...92cbae298b.htm

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

the cobras are scary and in general they can be a lot faster than an lsx with the same boltons (due to the blower of course). But i love to see when a lighter GM car with less hp takes the win.
    which is y i am thinking about selling my bird for one, then again its just a mustang. And to the average joe they will think its a gt with a kit and rims. Only gearheads can make out a cobra from a mile away, other than that its still "just a mustang"

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

which is y i am thinking about selling my bird for one, then again its just a mustang. And to the average joe they will think its a gt with a kit and rims. Only gearheads can make out a cobra from a mile away, other than that its still "just a mustang"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information