Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

How-To Walkthrough - Fogs on w/ Brights

Since I wanted to do this mod to my personal TransAm and couldnt find a good thread with pictures, I did some research and figured it out on my own. And I took pictures. I'm now going to post a fool-proof walkthrough of how to do this yourself.

EDIT: I have been told this particular way of doing this mod will not work for Camaro owners. You will lose your indicator light on your dash telling you when your brights are on or not. I have since found the Camaro thread of how to do this. Camaro guys click here

******* DISCLAIMER: IN SOME STATES THIS IS ILLEGAL. CHECK LOCAL LAWS BEFORE DOING THIS "MOD" *******

You will need:
    Wire cutters
    Wire Crimpers
    1 Butt Splice
    1 Ring Terminal
    Electrical Tape

All we will be doing is getting under the fuse box, finding the LIGHT GREEN wire, cutting it, and grounding the end coming from the fuse box. Its very easy.

This is when the brights are on without this "mod"

This picture shows where we will be working. "A" is the fuse box you need to get under, and "B" is where I ground to.

This is the LIGHT GREEN wire. Cut it.

Here you see the cut wire and where we will be grounding it. I found some old wire to connect the light green wire with my butt splice and a ring termical to connect to where I want to ground. Take some electrical tape and tape off the now-unused (the end NOT coming from the fuse box) end of the light green wire. Probably not needed, but I feel better about it.

Crimp your ring terminal, unscrew this 10mm bolt (I believe it was a 10mm), thread your ring terminal through your bolt and retighten. You're done.

And this is your final product. All Four headlights plus fogs. Looks way cooler. NOTE: Please dont ride around with your brights on now in traffic guys. Not cool.
    Last edited by Whiteboy543455; 04-29-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Looks good but would expect something like this would be done for more light output. You're never gonna see em in your car

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Nice write up, but don't be that guy shines every car. At least aim the headlights down out of driver's faces. Things are typically illegal b/c it dangerous to fellow drivers.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Cool, but i think most people will be flipping u off cuz of ure highbeams vs. sayin cool all ure lights r on

It has a big wing!

Uhhhh wow...

I'm kind of surprised at some of the comments here.I understand what is being said about the safety of other drivers and I'm all for that but,remember we are actually on a site (like many others unfortunately) where there is a "Kill Story" section which is basically about STREET racing??

I think that poses a bit more danger to the general public than this high beam mod. Sorry if I offend anyone as that is not my intention,I'm just trying to make a point. Everyone (almost) seems cool with the street racing yet, there's a problem with the high beams?

I don't know,maybe I'm missing something here...seems odd.

Besides, I know if I did this mod,it wouldn't mean that I would be using my high beams any more often than I do now.... But when I do,I would love ALL my lights to be on.Looks better that way in my opinion.

Again no offense meant to those that do "Kill" but,Ive always felt it should stay at the track...The streets are for cruising. Just an opinion of course.

To the OP,thanks for posting this! I have always wondered how to do this!
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

White
    1998 Trans Am

cool write up. i have hid low and fogs so no use for highs buy when I get the hid high beamsI will do thin.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Sweet! I always wanted to know how to do this. Thanks!

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

i was also shocked by the first few replys, lol. nice write up man, ill be doing this tomorrow for sure.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah the first few people were writing like we all want to drive with our bright lights on all the time when it's dark. I'm gonna do this mod also, thanks for the write up OP!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

This is something I have always wanted to do. Thanks!!

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

The people hating think I'm going to ride around with my brights on now.... Wow guys, be for real. I'm not dumb. I just want my fogs on in the few instances that I DO have my brights on. Duh-huh. thanks for the positive comments from those that left them!

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy543455 View Post
    The people hating think I'm going to ride around with my brights on now.... Wow guys, be for real. I'm not dumb. I just want my fogs on in the few instances that I DO have my brights on. Duh-huh. thanks for the positive comments from those that left them!

some people just crack me up. its not like the write up is called, how to get your brights to stay on all the time. Im sure that almost everyone hates when they need to click to their brights that the fogs go out when doing so. Again, good job on this write up!

Thread Information