Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How screwed am I?

This is a discussion on How screwed am I? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My buddy in Iraq is looking to get an M6 when he gets back in march. I dunno how he ...

Huron Ohio

2000 WS6 Trans AM

My buddy in Iraq is looking to get an M6 when he gets back in march. I dunno how he feels about an A4, might be good cause his wife doesn't really know how to drive manual. I'll PM you if hes interested

I bought a 71 Challenger when I lived in Carlsbad when I was in the Marines. The car had lived it's whole life in Cali when I bought it but I sent the title home to my mom in Indiana and had it registered there the whole time I owned in. After I bought it I had my mom ship me the highrise intake and Edelbrock 750cfm I had had on my 70 Duster, I kept the carb and intake when I gave up the Duster, then threw on a set of headers and Cherry bombs. I never knew I could get so much power out of a 318 4spd!! The Cherry bombs, carb, and headers all came with "WARNING: NOT FOR USE IN CALIFORNIA" warning stickers the intake probably did too but I bought used so I dont know. I had all the exhaust stuff put on at a hole in the wall place on the south side of LA. I got pulled over about 5 or 6 times by locals, CHiPs, and even MPs on base at Camp Pendelton and every time the exhaust issue came up I explained that the car is registered in Indiana where my "permanent address" was and the conversation would shift to "Do you know how fast you were going" or "Burn outs are illegal here no matter where your car is registered." But Cali's exhaust laws are looser the older the car is, I think the laws for older cars apply to mods but stock stuff might be a little more illegal. But what is legal on a 71 model year is probably not on a 2000. I'd recomend staying in Texas if at all possible where you can still live free, work on your own car, own guns and all the stuff you cant do in the Peoples Republic of California.

Dallas, TX

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Yeah, I've had a few run-ins with the Pendleton MP's. They would give me shit about my bone stock 96 Z28 I had. Telling me it's too loud. WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information