2 15.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1998 WS6

Question how much should i pay?

i found a 98 ws6 in white mint body.
    has 94,000 miles on it.

he said he payed 8 grand for heads+cam+intake
    1600 for headers and y pipe and 700 for clutch.

all this was done about 2 years ago and has 4000 miles on it.

interior is good.

500 rwhp

what should i take in cash

pewter
    01 ws-6, 09 G8 GT...

Well we need pics!!! But $8,000 for H&C plus intake!! Lmao way 2 much $1,600 for headers & Y also 2 much !!

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

you know he's selling it after only 4000 miles on the mods for a reason right? And most likely not a good one..

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    you know he's selling it after only 4000 miles on the mods for a reason right? And most likely not a good one..
    mabe not but you never know any more. im thinking of selling my moded bird (october cotm last year) and it dosnt have that many miles on it. but if it runs as good as it looks then any of the prices sould be a sold deal

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by elmarro View Post
    Well we need pics!!! But $8,000 for H&C plus intake!! Lmao way 2 much $1,600 for headers & Y also 2 much !!

I agree that's a bit much on the HCI. However, my Kooks LT's and catted Y were almost $1,500. If the seller paid for installation, then it is conceivable to have that much into the front section of the exhaust.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    mabe not but you never know any more. im thinking of selling my moded bird (october cotm last year) and it dosnt have that many miles on it. but if it runs as good as it looks then any of the prices sould be a sold deal
    what'd you do to your firebird? It really depends on the types of mods that were done to the car...and idk for the most part its always suspicious to buy a car that was heavily modified a few months or miles before its being sold i think
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd also ask to see the dyno sheet that shows 500rwhp out of a heads/cam LS1.... I'm also guessing he's including labor into all those dollar amounts.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

tru its the time that sounds funny. and yes a dyno sheet is some thing i would want to see to. i have a cam and full bolt ons on my car and suspenson but i only have 15k miles on it. so there are some out there that are moded but dont get out much.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

no way its even worth 9.5 Id say 8.5 max for a modded car with almost 100k mi.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I paid $6500 for an all stock 98 T/A 2 yrs ago.

From what I've heard and seen a modded car usually brings the car value down to most ppl unless the seller can show work was done by a known professional shop.

I'd ask for dyno sheet to.

Since he had a C/H done ask if these have been done too: New oil pump and timing chain? > 98's LS1 engines have a oil pump issue and if it wasn't replaced while they tore it down now you have to look out for it, also in regards to the timing chain, it's just sound mechanics to replace a timing chain when you swap out a cam.

I'm not trying to talk you out just giving you some stuff to think about. I hate seeing ppl get ripped off by shady sellers.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

For 12.5 you can buy a car with a brand new stroker motor in it if thats what your looking for

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

tru its the time that sounds funny. and yes a dyno sheet is some thing i would want to see to. i have a cam and full bolt ons on my car and suspenson but i only have 15k miles on it. so there are some out there that are moded but dont get out much.
    See that's something i'd consider buying if a car's been modded. If you have all the right bolt ons and mods to support the camshaft, i'd consider it.

But than again, your car isn't for sell yet is it The older the mods, the less suspicious it looks.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

See that's something i'd consider buying if a car's been modded. If you have all the right bolt ons and mods to support the camshaft, i'd consider it.

But than again, your car isn't for sell yet is it The older the mods, the less suspicious it looks.
    my issue is ill more then likly want to much to get my butt out of it. but for the right price evry thing is for sale. its going to be in the tsls slot at the ta nats this year and i was thinking of putting a for sale sign on it but im talking to a painter buddy of mine and looking a custom paint too so who knows

White
    1998 WS6

guerilla killer you were absolutely right. i bought the car and the piston to valve clearance was too close. it did burn away some money since it broke the rockers but it wasnt all that bad. everything was done at vette doctors. since it was fixxed i put in about 5000 miles myself and about 500 a week.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

my issue is ill more then likly want to much to get my butt out of it. but for the right price evry thing is for sale. its going to be in the tsls slot at the ta nats this year and i was thinking of putting a for sale sign on it but im talking to a painter buddy of mine and looking a custom paint too so who knows
    What'd you end up doing? If your car needs (or needed) a paint job and you got a really rare, cool looking color, I think that'd boost its appeal.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MarioR93 View Post
    guerilla killer you were absolutely right. i bought the car and the piston to valve clearance was too close. it did burn away some money since it broke the rockers but it wasnt all that bad. everything was done at vette doctors. since it was fixxed i put in about 5000 miles myself and about 500 a week.
    Sorry to hear.. how's it riding after the fix?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

What'd you end up doing? If your car needs (or needed) a paint job and you got a really rare, cool looking color, I think that'd boost its appeal.
    i fixed it with some paint and polished it out you cant see it unless you know where to look. i had a guy offer me 22k for it at the ta nats this year and i just couldn't do it so she is all put up for the year.

White
    1998 WS6

sorry i meant cartek in garwood did all my work. i find vettedoctors a little ehhh

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I accidentally voted for 9.5 but I want you to look for another car if your willing to pay 9.5-12.5 for this car with smoke coming out of its ass

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'd also ask to see the dyno sheet that shows 500rwhp out of a heads/cam LS1.... I'm also guessing he's including labor into all those dollar amounts.
    Must be some top of the line 225cc heads with a HUGE cam and FAST intake set-up for that kind of money, even if you did consider install cost. I don't think I've ever seen a H/C/I car put 500 to the ground. At least not done by anyone but a builder and those are far and few between as we both know.

Thread Information