How much is my car worth?

This is a discussion on How much is my car worth? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I think im going to have to sell my car due to some family issues and me getting low on ...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

How much is my car worth?

I think im going to have to sell my car due to some family issues and me getting low on funds... Its a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Black on Black. It has Monster level 4 clutch, TSP 233/239 112lsa camshaft with Seats, Retainers, Springs, Pushrods, Valve Seals, LS6 Ported Oil pump, LS2 double roller timing chain, Hurst shifter, Pacesetter LTs and ORYP, Magnaflow catback, QTP Electric Cutout, DDM 5k HIDS Lows and Fogs, BMR adjustable torque arm, BMR LCAs, Sportline Springs, Rear QA1 Shocks, 18" HD signature wheels with 3" Dish is rear and 1.5" dish up front. Falken rear street radials in the back 295/35/18. Nexens up front 245/40/18. Tires are in good condition. The paint is original and has some chips here and there. Needs a new window motor, and passanger tail light. AC blows cold. Has 127,112 miles on it. Motor runs strong, Rear end does not leak, Tranny does not leak. Engine fluids are changed regularly. Front Bumper is cracked by fog lights, Rear bumper clearcoat is starting to spider. Interior is clean with no rips in the seat. The dash is cracked thats about the only thing on the interior. Im wondering how much i can get. Ive seen some pretty crazy numbers in my area from 6500 to 11k. Im looking at somewhere around 9k... What are yalls opinons?

Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 10-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

IMO, if you have all the stock stuff, I'd part out the aftermarket stuff and sell it stock. Unless your in hurry...

Sorry to hear you have to sell it.
    Last edited by KMdef9; 10-24-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i dont have any of the stock stuff... not even the wheels. Im not in really a huge hurry but as soon as possible would be nice.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No idea on pricing. Sad to see a member parting with their Bird.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Yeah i dont want to sell it at all but the miles are geting high and stuff is needing to be replaced every couple of weeks and i dont have the extra money anymore to fix them.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

you should be able to get around 9k to 11k for it, i would place and add on craigslist. I was going to sell my 02 z28 there for 8k but decided to keep her. (loved her to much lol) if i had the money i would buy it. Sweat bird

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

completely depends on local availiability, here in Texas they go for cheap (more were sold in Dallas than anywhere else) whereas in Hawaii you would expect them to be extremely rare. just put a big number on your craiglist ad and say OBO/come see the car and we'll work out a deal, anything to let people know you are willing to go down on price. hell, some guy might fall in love with the car and give you all of what you asked.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Probably don't want to hear this....But I wouldn't pay over $8500 for it. And that might be pushing it.

What it is worth and what I would pay are likely two different things though too. I would rather find me a bone stock car to play around with again personally.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

yeah thats true most car guy's would not buy a moded car, but you forget about other people or young guys. Once they here that cam and drive it if there just getting on the car scene they will fall in love and will most likely pay anything or will try to work a deal, i mean my z28 is a salvage title and i was going to sell it for 8k once that guy drove it he was going for it, but once i talk it over with the wife i decide'd to keep her and make her my life project.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Probably don't want to hear this....But I wouldn't pay over $8500 for it. And that might be pushing it.

What it is worth and what I would pay are likely two different things though too. I would rather find me a bone stock car to play around with again personally.
    Yeah i completely agree, and with lower miles. Thats actually my plan once i sell it and get my money back together...

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    completely depends on local availiability, here in Texas they go for cheap (more were sold in Dallas than anywhere else) whereas in Hawaii you would expect them to be extremely rare. just put a big number on your craiglist ad and say OBO/come see the car and we'll work out a deal, anything to let people know you are willing to go down on price. hell, some guy might fall in love with the car and give you all of what you asked.
    true i got mine from dallas for a great price with only 50k original miles on it,dam i love texas

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

High mileage, modded, damage all over.. Er $5k tops..

What you put in it and what you get out of it is two different things...

No offense, if you or someone else were to trade it in you/they would be lucky to get $5k..

As a modded trade it's nearly worthless since book value's are rated on stock non-modded cars..

IMHO, your best bet would be to find a buyer that can appreciate the work you put into it if you want any hope of getting close to your asking price..

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

I wouldnt pay more than 5500, but i'm in dallas so they go pretty cheap here.

Thread Information