Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How much do you make?

This is a discussion on How much do you make? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 29, I make about 90k a year...

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

29, I make about 90k a year

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Not saying ur wrong, but I know a lot of ppl who drive lambo's and ferrari's who are nowhere near the $1,000,000 mark every year.
    that's the thing, it's more of a "don't live beyond your means" kinda of formula. I've always loved cars and paid dearly for them. I'm pretty sure car enthusiast don't follow that percentage anyway. It's for people who need something to get from A to B and don't care how or in what.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans_Pewter_SS View Post
    29, I make about 90k a year
    what do you do to make that much. if you don't mind me asking. I'm hoping your an auto tech so i can be hopeful for a good career in the auto business.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Most people just make this shit up. It's like the gf or x-gf thread. Idk people feel like they got to lie to random people on the internet to make themselves feel better.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Anwazi View Post
    what do you do to make that much. if you don't mind me asking. I'm hoping your an auto tech so i can be hopeful for a good career in the auto business.
    I work in a nuclear plant as a rigger for Duke energy

Black 2002 Formula M6
    SOLD on 11/21/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    Starting salary there is 57k, and in five years it becomes 97k. I live in Oklahoma, and bought a 3/2/2 1112 sqaure foot house, built in 1994 in a family neighborhood for 98k. Lets see you buy the same house in Suffolk County for under 100k. Cost of living is everything.
    While that is true about the cost of living I am of the opinion that police officers, regardless of where they live, should earn a salary of at least $50k a year for risking their lives day in and day out.

Many are underpaid and overworked and that is why we see corruption. Pay them well and if they even think about being corrupt or abusing someone in custody then out the door they go as there will be many more waiting to join the force if the starting pay was $50k across the U.S. of A.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    While that is true about the cost of living I am of the opinion that police officers, regardless of where they live, should earn a salary of at least $50k a year for risking their lives day in and day out.

Many are underpaid and overworked and that is why we see corruption. Pay them well and if they even think about being corrupt or abusing someone in custody then out the door they go as there will be many more waiting to join the force if the starting pay was $50k across the U.S. of A.
    Please tell me why cops make more than the military?

Maybe they should do their job and if they can't do it correctly, they should get a boot in their ass and find a different job because in reality, they have shitty morals.

How bout that...then pay the military personnel what they deserve.

Black 2002 Formula M6
    SOLD on 11/21/2009

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Eh, I grew up in Florida and I don't want to leave. Cost of living is not too bad here either.
    Nothing at all loving where you live. I was trying to say you aren't being paid enough for what you do.....regardless of the cost of living where you are.

I lived in S. Florida for many years and enjoyed Florida very much but decided to move back where I was born...Long Island, NY. When I was living in Florida, yes there was a huge difference in the cost of living but after those 4 storms a couple of years back I now have friends who pay more for insuance and property taxes than I do and I live in one of the most expensive counties in the country...

I have to wonder if Florida is really all that much cheaper than other places today...It seems for the first time in history more people are leaving Florida than moving in but if you love where you live, then that is great....The cost of living sucks where I am but I love where I live so that is that. Different strokes for different folks I always say. A couple I've known for years moved to Alaska and while he loves it his wife is not so happy and I will be damned if I would live there to freeze my ass off but I can understand why people do the things they do.

black
    02 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans_Pewter_SS View Post
    I work in a nuclear plant as a rigger for Duke energy
    What is a rigger? Working in a power plant will probably be in my future.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

Maybe they should do their job and if they can't do it correctly, they should get a boot in their ass and find a different job because in reality, they have shitty morals.

I thought you military guys basically get free housing and healthcare. That alone is probablly worth...what like 25k a year?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I thought you military guys basically get free housing and healthcare. That alone is probablly worth...what like 25k a year?
    Free housing? You get a housing allowance which is only enough for a 1 room apartment where I live. Is it enough? Yes. It pays the rent, nothing else, not utilities, not cable, just rent. It adds up to about 8k a year for me.

I'm 24 years old. I don't need health care and government run health care is the shittiest thing since the last presidential election...

I've already stated, "I made more than i ever have this year"....which is going to be close to 30k. That includes everything. I don't get a bonus or any other hidden perks. That's it.....30k
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 10-01-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Having been in the military (active for 6 years, with two combat tours) for the last 9 years and currently a Police Officer there is a difference in the two jobs. Plus, the military pays for your housing and you get all kinds of other benfits. I had WAY more spending money in the Army as an E-6 Staff Sergeant (really even as an E-4) than I do now as a Deputy Sheriff, when I made less money on paper in the military. I also did a lot less work, and I started life in the Army as an Infantryman. I had a ton more time off. The military seems pretty damn easy once you get out into the real world afterwards.

That being said, you can't say that all police officers have shitty morals. That is a generalized statement. There are shitbags in every profession. There are a lot more in the military than I have run into in the civilian world.

I agree with you that the military does not get paid enough for what we do. But not all Police Officers make more. There are some places in Louisiana that pay their officers 8-9$ an hour.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 10-01-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Nothing at all loving where you live. I was trying to say you aren't being paid enough for what you do.....regardless of the cost of living where you are.

I lived in S. Florida for many years and enjoyed Florida very much but decided to move back where I was born...Long Island, NY. When I was living in Florida, yes there was a huge difference in the cost of living but after those 4 storms a couple of years back I now have friends who pay more for insuance and property taxes than I do and I live in one of the most expensive counties in the country...

I have to wonder if Florida is really all that much cheaper than other places today...It seems for the first time in history more people are leaving Florida than moving in but if you love where you live, then that is great....The cost of living sucks where I am but I love where I live so that is that. Different strokes for different folks I always say. A couple I've known for years moved to Alaska and while he loves it his wife is not so happy and I will be damned if I would live there to freeze my ass off but I can understand why people do the things they do.
    I understood what you were saying.

We definitely do not get paid enough. The economy sucks, everyone is cutting their budgets and we are the first ones getting hammered by it.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Obama already proposed the smallest pay increase for the military in history.

I forget where I read that.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Obama already proposed the smallest pay increase for the military in history.

I forget where I read that.
    I saw it too, and the sad thing is it will probably get approved.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Smile

Free housing? You get a housing allowance which is only enough for a 1 room apartment where I live. Is it enough? Yes. It pays the rent, nothing else, not utilities, not cable, just rent. It adds up to about 8k a year for me.

I'm 24 years old. I don't need health care and government run health care is the shittiest thing since the last presidential election...

I've already stated, "I made more than i ever have this year"....which is going to be close to 30k. That includes everything. I don't get a bonus or any other hidden perks. That's it.....30k
    Ahhh I see. I was under the impression that you brought home 30k plus had all the hidden military perks like a housing allowance,etc.
    Well when I was 24 years old (6 years ago) I made about 30k a year, so far you're doing better then I was!

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

too much, sometimes I feel like a thief.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    too much, sometimes I feel like a thief.
    what do you do. I wouldn't mind feeling like a thief for once.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Anwazi View Post
    what do you do. I wouldn't mind feeling like a thief for once.
    Global Director of Engineering

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Ahhh I see. I was under the impression that you brought home 30k plus had all the hidden military perks like a housing allowance,etc.
    Well when I was 24 years old (6 years ago) I made about 30k a year, so far you're doing better then I was!
    Not sure how you figure that. It depends where you live. I think shits way overpriced where I live. 30k in Wyoming and 30k in New York are two totally different things.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information