Thread: how much?

Black
    1999 Formula

how much?

i have a 99 pontiac formula A4 w/ 62,000 miles on it, its my dd commuting to and from school everyday, bout 15-20 min drive. Mods: pacesetter LT headers, ORY, no cats, SLP catback, lid, 228/228 cam package, ls6 timing chain, year old performabuilt stage 2 4L60E transmission, new rotors and pads in front (changed in summer), and i think thats it. Ive been in one accident with it, hit the median wall with the passenger back end, all body damage was fixed. the one noticeable part now it the dented exhaust tip i havent replaced.

I wanted to know what everyone thinks i could get for it with either selling it or trading in for a truck. The last place i talked to about a trade in offered blue book value which i think was around 5 grand, not what i wanna hear haha
    Last edited by Blackout99; 10-10-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout99 View Post
    i have a 99 pontiac formula A4 w/ 62,000 miles on it, its my dd commuting to and from school everyday, bout 15-20 min drive. Mods: pacesetter LT headers, ORY, no cats, SLP catback, lid, 228/228 cam package, ls6 timing chain, year old performabuilt stage 2 4L60E transmission, new rotors and pads in front (changed in summer), and i think thats it. Ive been in one accident with it, hit the median wall with the passenger back end, all body damage was fixed. the one noticeable part now it the dented exhaust tip i havent replaced.

I wanted to know what everyone thinks i could get for it with either selling it or trading in for a truck. The last place i talked to about a trade in offered blue book value which i think was around 5 grand, not what i wanna hear haha
    Around $8,000? Whatever you do, don't trade it in. They will give you about half what it is worth.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

come to canada and you could sell it easily over 12500 in the spring even over 10 now maybe.

Black
    1999 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Around $8,000? Whatever you do, don't trade it in. They will give you about half what it is worth.
    8 is what i was hopeing for, damn that much in canada? if i lived closer i might do that

Blackshirt Member SactownHuskers's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

I concur with the others. Absolutely do not trade it in if you can avoid it. I would think, based on my recent experience reseach while hunting for my own TA and what others posted on what they found, i would say you could get 8000 pretty easy if you are patient. I would actually think you could get upwards of 9000 or 9500 if you sold at beginning to mid spring. Patience is the key, posting it on here and Craigs list would be a good place to start.

Black
    00 WS6

I think 8k is a little low too.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

With those mods i'd hope you could get at least 9k craigs list is a good tool. If not autotrader.com it'll be sold quickly.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    With those mods i'd hope you could get at least 9k craigs list is a good tool. If not autotrader.com it'll be sold quickly.
    Craigslist is full of lowballers. Autotrader is the best bet.

Black
    1999 Formula

sounds good thanks, ill start high n see if people would take it, im not ready to sell quite yet tho, i might hang on til spring like someone said

Thread Information