Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many is too many?

I am looking for trans am, I have about 16000 to spend. I want a nice car that wasn't beat on. Every car I see in that price range has tons of miles, or a bunch of performance mods. Maybe I am being too selective, I was hoping to find a car with around 50k on it.

I want black on black 6spd with ttops and a ram air hood. but I would take another color if the car was right.

If you guys could give me some idea what you paid that would be awesome.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

19,500 with 17k miles..owner was 61 yrs old....have recepts for 22k and change spent at lpe .......u should EASILY find a very clean low milage ws6 in that price range..EASY

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

ok after doing a ws6 search on ebay im amazed at what ppl are asking for them ...low to mid 20s for low milage cars!!! sounds pricey to me...just last week there was a camaro ss with low 20k miles with a lingenfelter 350 cid package that was 19,900 buy it now .....rather have that than a STOCK ws6 with the same miles and condition

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

$16k for a mint 2000 M6 vert (no WS.6, though) w/ 41k... I had been keeping my eye out for almost a year for one in nice shape with low miles and no mods. All the verts I looked at were in a lot nicer shape than the coupes

I live in the philly area, I did a search on every used car site I could find. I see a few but they are not from dealerships and since I need to trade my truck in I need a dealer.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Call 866-381-9678, Auto Central in Kearney, NE.
    They have a black WS6 in the front row.
    I do not know the details, so call them to find out.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by adidazman15 View Post
    I live in the philly area, I did a search on every used car site I could find. I see a few but they are not from dealerships and since I need to trade my truck in I need a dealer.
    u shoud really consider selling the truck privately...i mean, c'mon...who does'nt want a truck in the winter? Plus the dealer will hose you on a trade in; likewise, private ws.6 sellers will be more willing to negotiate and tell the truth about their car than some dealer

white
    2000 silverado

i seen a 99 ws6 with 24k miles and they were asking 16k for it and i'm sure they would come down a little bit. it wasn't black tough it was either silver or pewter with blue stripes and it wasn't at a dealer i don't think. if i had about 5k more dollars i'd buy the car right now but i guess i'll have to wait till summer to get mine. so if your interested i'll give ya the link to the car its in tennessee too by the way

Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

I use this just to see whats out there on ebay, sometimes its a rare find, other times its probably the ugliest car on earth. http://www.transamhunter.com/index.php

Im going to assume that since you want stock you are not going to mod it... i find it hard to believe that someone doesnt unless its a show car. Not to mention unless the car has almost never moved from its garage i find it even harder to believe the car was never "beaten on" by that i mean gone to WOT ever. However these are strong engines and unless someone redlined their engine all the time and never changed any fluids and just let the car hurt itself i doubt you will find one in poor condition. However good luck, mine came w\ mods and i LOVE IT saved me a bundle since they are rather high end parts (hood, headers, exhaust etc) To each his own though

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

just go to autotrader.com type in your price range and what distance you want to travel, you should have no problem finding one in that price range

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

just bought mine for 7500. 98 m6 with 67k miles, 1 owner, and bought from official jaguar dealer.

just keep looking. i have seen '00+ t/a's asking less with 50k miles.

just be patient and make sure to use autotrader, cars.com, and craigslist.

I am going to mod the car I just like doing things myself thats all. At least I know whats done and that it was done right. I will by a car with a few mods if its clean and I can tell it was taken care of.

I am in no hurry to buy the car since the weather here is horrible but spring is around the corner and I want to be ready for when that perfect car pops up.

Red
    2001 ws6

19k miles, i paid 18500.....its not as easy as people think it is to find a low mileage, clean, stock ws6.....just be patient, dont jump on it unless its exactly wut u want, eventually u will find wut u want

pewter metalic
    1999 trans am vert WS6

Hey guy star pontiac has 3 in stock and on e is a vert with 26000 there in hellertown PA
    they do list in the auto trader

hahaha I called them last week about the black WS6. It looks mint in the pictures and has 40K on it. I figured 18-19 grand would be thier asking price WRONG 24999 I posted the story of the phone call up, the thread title was "anyone looking for a T/A" read it, pretty funny.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

One thing is for sure...NEVER, EVER trade your vehicle in to a dealership! You will always get more money selling it outright, even if you ask below blue book price, than selling it to the dealer. Also, dealers use your trade against you. This is particularly true if they know from the beginning that you are trading in your old vehicle. They try to confuse you by negotiating the new car price, your trade, and financing all at the same time. They might offer you much more than your trade is worth, but then they'll end up not lowering the price of the new vehicle-that way you're thinking "wow, they're going to give me THAT MUCH MORE than my current vehicle is worth? I better jump on this!" However, they make up for the money they're losing with the trade by barely, if at all, decreasing the price of the new vehicle. When purchasing a new (and by this I mean used as well) vehicle from a dealer, they ALWAYS

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

...have room to drop the price significantly; possibly several thousand dollars! Conversely, if you are talking about the trade and the new vehicle at the same time, they might offer you a really good price on the new car by dropping its price a lot, but make up for it by only giving you pennies on the dollar for your trade-in. Talking about financing with them right off the bat is another terrible idea, but unless you want me to go into a little depth on that, I'll spare you! LOL I hope I haven't been rambling on too much....just trying to help you save a significant amount of $$$$$...

I understand what your saying, I actually used to sell cars. I have definitly upset a fair amount of salesmen in the last few months lookin for a nice car. I told the last dealership that I would pay 7000 over blue book for thier WS6 if they would give me 7000 over blue book for my trade. It sounded fair to me haha. I just have a few grand of negative equity in my truck and trading it in would be much easier. I dont' mind losing some money in the process but believe me my truck is on craigslist and has signs incase someone wants to buy it outright. Thanks you for helping though.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I bought mine (99 T/A w/ 54K) for $11.2K in summer of 2005. With your price range you should definitely be able to find a good one.

I just bought a one owner 2002 T/A WS6 with 80K in perfect condition for $12,600 from a local GM dealership. I don't think they knew it was a WS6 though, or if they even know what the WS6 means!

Thread Information