Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

How many are going to G12 this year????

Just wondering who is planning on making the trip to Atlanta this year??? This will be my second time and last year was a blast!

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

whats a G12?

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    whats a G12?
    A huge F-Body gathering in Atlanta. www.fbodygathering.com This is the 12th year in a row!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

too far for me

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Agreed. Wish I could go!

Yes.
    bunch of them

Too far my ass- My best friend is driving to Hershey PA for the Camaro Nats from Florida. Ya'll come on, it's the best F bod event of the year!
    2002 WS6 M6 454 LSx
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    2000 WS6 M6->A4
    2004 Silverado SS
    2004 GTO A4
    2002 Grand Prix GTP sdn
    2006 Envoy Denali
    1999 GMC Slonoma
    1999 "Project LS10"
    1996 Impala SS
    www.panamacitylsx.com

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

just got mine a month ago but i'm already going hard with work to the car so it'll be ready for summer, i mean it runs still in pretty much stock condition as it came from the factory in 98, except 88k miles, but its being rebuilt now so i should have it back on saturday with cam and and heads, but what events are here in los angeles for f-body

Sounds interesting but what I don't understand is there is no Drag Racing on the schedule anywhere,,,,and a great dragstrip is just around the corner Why no drag racing here when the F-body get together in Bowling Green, KY does?????

I usually head to Atlanta for the Year One experience anyway,,,,you not only see some nice 4th gens but a large variety of other muscle as well,,,and drag racing with the F.A.S.T. series among other things. Thats where I'll be.

Making the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta has to be worthwhile for me with more car variety mixed in with some racing as well. Thats just me though

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

I've seen that year one thing on HDNET it looked bad ass, how much does it cost to run your car on the track?
    Pacesetter Headers- ORY
    Texas Speed 228R Cam/Moly Pushrods/918 Springs
    MTI LID
    Slp Under Drive Pulley
    Texas Speeds Rumbler Catback
    SFC's, Lakewood LCA's
    Koni SA 4/3, Strano Springs
    Dyno Tune
    LS7 Clutch, Nitto DR's
    407 RWHP 377 Ft./lbs.

Yes.
    bunch of them

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Sounds interesting but what I don't understand is there is no Drag Racing on the schedule anywhere,,,,and a great dragstrip is just around the corner Why no drag racing here when the F-body get together in Bowling Green, KY does?????

I usually head to Atlanta for the Year One experience anyway,,,,you not only see some nice 4th gens but a large variety of other muscle as well,,,and drag racing with the F.A.S.T. series among other things. Thats where I'll be.

Making the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta has to be worthwhile for me with more car variety mixed in with some racing as well. Thats just me though

Commerce isn't just around the corner, 1.5 hour drive from the show. This event rocks, if you miss out, well, your loss. Come and see us.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
    Commerce isn't just around the corner, 1.5 hour drive from the show. This event rocks, if you miss out, well, your loss. Come and see us.
    its about 45 mins, lol, been down there many times, i went to G10 maybe ill head down this year when is the date(to lazy to click on link)

Black
    99 SS

I might come down this year i thought it was in April, hell ill prolly stay with Dave.

and there is no raceing becase i think that harley week is the same time in commerce but im not positive

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Went last year with the other 80-100 Trans Ams doing the Bandit Run.. and planning on doing it again this year.. should have a better turn out from the Bandit Runners this year... I can't wait!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Solar Gold
    78 T/A

I went to the gathering the last two years. It was pretty cool. A lot of nice cars and events.

Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
    To me it's just around the corner,,,,and should be included in the festivities. Zboner is right,,,,it's about a 45 minute drive,,,just a stones throw for most people. Not a big deal to run over there. So,,, No racing no show for me. I can't stand lawnchair nationals. Gotta have some excitement mixed in. I won't miss or lose out on anything,,,,,,to me the Year One experience has much more variety of cars,,,much more to my liking. Plenty of other Fbody events around that have racing. I have to have that on the schedule to make the 8-10 hour drive worthwhile,,,know what I mean??

It's not that I don't like F-bodies, hell I have 4 of them,,,,but I like to see other stuff too. Not to mention the F.A.S.T. racing is something YOU don't want to miss. How many cars do you see on stock 6-inch wide redline bias-ply tires running in the high 10's at over 130 mph. Now that is something to see. I used to run my 70 Formula in the factory stock classes and to put it simply,,,,I always have a great time doing it.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-01-2008 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Went last year with the other 80-100 Trans Ams doing the Bandit Run.. and planning on doing it again this year.. should have a better turn out from the Bandit Runners this year... I can't wait!
    Bandit run is awsome, nice cars and people aren't afraid to drive them Now thats the way to enjoy a car.

Yes.
    bunch of them

To me it's just around the corner,,,,and should be included in the festivities. Zboner is right,,,,it's about a 45 minute drive,,,just a stones throw for most people. Not a big deal to run over there. So,,, No racing no show for me. I can't stand lawnchair nationals. Gotta have some excitement mixed in. I won't miss or lose out on anything,,,,,,to me the Year One experience has much more variety of cars,,,much more to my liking. Plenty of other Fbody events around that have racing. I have to have that on the schedule to make the 8-10 hour drive worthwhile,,,know what I mean??

It's not that I don't like F-bodies, hell I have 4 of them,,,,but I like to see other stuff too. Not to mention the F.A.S.T. racing is something YOU don't want to miss. How many cars do you see on stock 6-inch wide redline bias-ply tires running in the high 10's at over 130 mph. Now that is something to see. I used to run my 70 Formula in the factory stock classes and to put it simply,,,,I always have a great time doing it.

Thanks for your support.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Bandit run is awsome, nice cars and people aren't afraid to drive them Now thats the way to enjoy a car.
    Sure was.. almost time for this year's! Hotels booked.. the car almost ready.. can't wait!

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

when is it

Thread Information