Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

how long did you wait?

This is a discussion on how long did you wait? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; looked and debated for about 4 years wanted to find the right car i wanted a black on black ta ...

memphis tn

2002 trans am ws6

looked and debated for about 4 years wanted to find the right car i wanted a black on black ta with under 30k miles worth waiting for

San Diego ca

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

about 10 minutes i was on my way to pay off my truck and just happind to see it on the lot and stop to look. when the guy sead it had 8000 miles on it i sead i would test drive it. pulled back in and sead i would take it.

Baton Rouge

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I waited about 5 minutes...Saw it on Ebay and bought it for $9200 with no trans and 50k miles. Hell of a deal considering the turbo, new 383 stroker (aside from the on in the car, which the 383 cost him almost what I paid for the whole car), and a shit ton of after market parts to go on it.

Goldsboro, NC

96 TA WS6 with LS1/Trans

Bought my 96 TA WS6 over 3 years ago. Was going to buy my cousins 91 Corvette but decided to get the TA. Found mine on ebay. Went to Georgia to pick it up. Auto has a lot of TA's and Camaro's. Just take your time and buy what you want, don't settle for less. Just do a lot of research and look at different rides online to get an idea of average prices based off of the condition you would like your ride to be in and go from there. You may find a ride that mechanically has been well taken care of but just needs a little tlc and you might get a better price for it if you are willing to do the work to get it where you want it.

I haven't driven my TA for over a year and a half though. Its driving me nuts. A wrist pin went out July of 07 and I ended up putting a 2002 Camaro SS LS1/Trans in it which looks and sounds great. Just have electrical pin relocations and ac to finish before I can drive it. Anyways, I put the LS1 in it because I already had a lot of money invested in the car and it has a lot of sentimental value to it. Overall the car was in great shape and I prefer the sharper 96-97 WS6 look versus the newer style so I decided it was worth the trouble of doing a swap. I received a settlement so there was no large amount of money out of my pocket, just time. Plus Ive noticed over the last few years that Ive owned my TA that the value of it has gone up, at least with people who are Pontiac lovers.

1988 Lincoln Town Car

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    I waited for about 1 yr. Had a 97 firebird and wanted a t/a about a month after i bought the bird. started looking and took me about a year to find the one i have now. bought it in 05 its a 2000 and paid 15500 with 60k on it.

I'm just starting to look seriously now but i've been looking on/off since probably last year

San Diego

2002 WS6

If I could wait 11 years then you can wait 6 more months....I Finally got the one..2002 SOM M6.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information