Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how long did you wait?

This is a discussion on how long did you wait? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Took me about 2-3 months of looking after I had decided to get one. It was tough finding ones, all ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Took me about 2-3 months of looking after I had decided to get one. It was tough finding ones, all the ones I found were either overpriced, too far away, or just not what I was looking for. I also sent a ton of emails to people selling them online, and had a tough time getting people to even write back. THAT was really frustrating. Every day I'd get home from work and spend a good hour and a half online just searching all the auto ads.

As wrong as it is, I actually ended up buying the first one I drove. I don't recommend it, but it worked out okay for me, as I've put 18k basically trouble free miles on it.

I was just so sick of searching, and I really wanted a Formula, and I just fell in love with the NBM/tan combination.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    looking for a 98+ SS OR WS6. MUST BE A 6 SPEED. It must have at least a cam (if not h/c or stroker) and be in good condition. I would prefer if it had an aftermarket rear and clutch because with 400+ hp i dont see both of them lasting to long. Looking for it to be driving distanct from jersey.
    With those mods in good shape be prepared to pay a pretty penny.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Well if I count my introduction to knight rider then I could say 25 years. It was always and still is a dream to own that car. One day I will.

I have seriously been looking for a ta for the last 8 years or so. Since I am finally in a postion to afford the finer things. Originally wanted a 88 or 89 GTA. Always ran into a deal breaker in one form or another.

Then I fell in love with the 4th gen. Looked around for a few years came close a few times.

A few months ago ran into a 2000 ws-6 for a steal and took it hook line and sinker.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

All my life......... I still want a TA but i bought the z28 because who can turn down 100k mile car for 3k... Really, perfect car. Anyway yeah i looked physically for about a year before i found it. Almost bought a 5.0 instead

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

8 years......

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    looking for a 98+ SS OR WS6. MUST BE A 6 SPEED. It must have at least a cam (if not h/c or stroker) and be in good condition. I would prefer if it had an aftermarket rear and clutch because with 400+ hp i dont see both of them lasting to long. Looking for it to be driving distanct from jersey.
    so you want to pay less for a car that's worth more? Don't be cheap about it, or else get a stock car for less and put the time into it. You have to expect people will try to get back the money they spent on mods.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    so you want to pay less for a car that's worth more? Don't be cheap about it, or else get a stock car for less and put the time into it. You have to expect people will try to get back the money they spent on mods.

Exactly. You will get what you pay for.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

It sounds to me like he already knows what he wants and would rather have had someone else perform the modifications instead of spending his time doing it. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    It sounds to me like he already knows what he wants and would rather have had someone else perform the modifications instead of spending his time doing it. Seems perfectly fine to me.
    I agree with you, I hate doing the work myself but you have to be willing to pay a little extra for a nicely modded car IMO
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 12-02-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I agree with you, I hate doing the work myself but you have to be willing to pay a little extra for a nicely modded car IMO
    Yes you do. Someone will wan't what they put into it and then some.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I never said how much i was willing to pay did I???

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Cool story Suede,
    I waited almost a year for mine. I ordered a '98 from the factory, Arctic White, WS6, Ram Air, M6 and drove her for 9 years and put 152K miles on her. I met my beautiful bride on myspace, drove from Houston, TX to Kodak, TN and on our second date, we were on our way home and I missed a curve and flipped her end over end twice, and rolled her 7 times....7 breaks in my neck later, along with a broken back, I had to wait one year before finding my '00 in Maine on E-Bay. She got delivered a month ago, and I have been in heaven ever since, of course, I was in heaven anyway by being married to my gorgeous bride, for sure!! Have had to do little things to get her to my standards, like putting the ash tray spring back in, replacing the power antenna, adjusting the emergency brake, fix the brass gear headlight actuators, purchasing a front license plate cover and then the vinyl overlay for it, but I really love my car and love working on it. I have found that most of the time, people are asking way too much for their T/A's, and if you follow the bids, most of the time, they don't meet the reserve price, and consequently don't sell, and you can contact them and make them an offer. That is what I did with mine....it didn't sell, and when I contacted them, they were ready to deal, due to the fact that no one had made an offer or that the reserve was not met. I saw some T/A's going for $30K, and if you have that kind of money it may be worth it for one that doesn't have any more than 10 or 20K miles on it. I did not have that kind of money...I had 12K and looked in that price range and found a lot of WS6 Ram Air's that were in really good shape....only problem being the miles on them....most had 100K and up. But, what I've found is most T/A owners are like Harley owners, they knew what they had when they bought it and took care of it accordingly. Not everyone will use synthetic oil for the life of the vehicle, but I know this...My '98 engine would have looked brand new had someone opened it up and took micrometer readings of the internals...I used Mobil 1 synthetic ever since 10K miles....these are awesome cars...you take care of them, and they will take care of you...!!!!!!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Cool story Suede,
    I wanted to kill my parents for not letting me get some of those at the time but looking back, they new best i guess..

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Smile Awesome to be the original

I have no idea what you're talking about!

I'm the original owner!
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Unhappy Mods drop value

Hate to be negative but mods actually drop bluebook value, they're seen as a factor that drops reliability. Just go to any dealership, ask for a trade in appraisal and see if they care how many mods are on your car. Trust me I've been screwed over by this before big time. If its a private sale you can ask for more but ultimately, and sadly enough, any car is only worth what's on paper.

silver
    1998 camaro

im in new jersey too, and i am always looking around for a 01-02 ws6. they are REALLY hard to find in state but i have seen a few. ur best shot is making alittle trip to PA.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

I have a 2000 ta m-6 for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    I have a 2000 ta m-6 for cheap.
    How cheap is cheap?

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    How cheap is cheap?
    I'll post a price in the for sale section under 2000 ta for sale

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Yeah they are pretty rare. I always see a red WS6 and a 1999 Aniv Trans Am in Summit all the time. Actually a few years back, when i had mine there were 5 T/A alone in my town. Now i hardley see any at all, especailly now that its winter most of them are sleeping. I think the way the economy is now, people are asking way to much for their cars and arent budging on the price at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information