How does this deal look?

I found a '02 Firehawk with 50k miles. Stealership has it listed at $16,998. From the pictures, it looks pretty clean, and the fact its a firehawk. What do you think?

Anyone have a carfax that can check the vin? I just have a feeling its too good to be true.

'02 Firehawk!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I don't think it's a hawk...don't they have a special spoiler? different from the T/As

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Looks like my hawk. My spoiler is no different. You can call SLP (732) 349-2109 x167 and give them the VIN #. They'll tell you the build number and what options are on it.

Black
    99 SS

looks like a hawk to me

Bright Red
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

I ran a report for you...I had a week left to look up VIN's as I just was in the market for a new truck. First there is nothing negative reported so I think it is a good vehicle. It is a one owner car however there is no mention of it being a firehawk. It has a firehawk hawk looking hood...it may have been added by way of after market. Also it is listed as a formula. If they told you it is a firehawk ask to see the proof...they list on there site they provide a carfax report...ask to see it. Car dealers will say anything to get you to drive of the lot with your new car. As far as the price they want way too much!!! Offer him 12,500 and don't go over $14,000. Never seem excited and you really want it no matter what.The trade in value is $10,000 so they have plenty of profit. If they can prove it then maybe you could go higher but from what I can see on line you have just an average Formula with a firehawk aftermarket hood. Hope it helps. Nice wheels though!!

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

All Firehawks VINs will say Formula/TransAm. They are sent to SLP after the VINs are assigned. Just call SLP and they can verify. It takes more than a hood to make it a firehawk. My carfax says Formula as well, but it is a real Firehawk. All our cars start out as a Formula and then either get the Y82 package (TransAm), WS6, or WU6 (Firehawk). The only way to tell for sure is to talk to SLP. You can look on the inside of the driver side door and there will be an SLP sticker showing the build date and added options. And look for WU6 on the list of RPO codes.

Red
    2001 ws6

looks like a hawk to me, also it looks like there is the firehawk lettering is on the door

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Oh yeah...that deal doesn't look bad either. Looks like it's in decent shape. Mine was $9730, $13000 after extended warranty and tax. 46k miles. But it was from a Ford dealer that didn't know what a Firehawk was. He called it a "Tomahawk edition".

I've been searching around, and that deal popped out. If its a legit firehawk, then it doesn't seem like THAT bad of a deal, although it doesn't compare to that one for $9730!! WOW! I'm trying to stay patient, but it's getting really hard lol. Is it just me, or do some people want just WAY to much right now? I emailed one guy that wanted $23k for a 02' collectors edition with almost 50k miles, kbb and nada say it's worth RETAIL about $18k, and the guy wouldn't budge on his price at all. And it's been on autotrader for about 5 months. I just want to find a good deal that everyone on here seems to find

Red
    2001 ws6

patience is the key, and also, the value of these cars might drop a little more in the next few years but after that many people including myself feel the low mileage stockers are going to start to increase in value

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

I saw a 99 hawk on autotrader yesterday fo 10,000 64k mi cloth int auto, alloy wheels and blk in color. it was in MO. i thoght it looked like a good deal. as far as the hawk you are wondering about i would say its a legit hawk. there was more than one spoiler optioned on them. ask the seller what number that car is and go to firehawk.org and see if its ever been registered on there site. if it has been registered then it will show every option the origanal owner ordered with the car. hope this helps.
    Last edited by t-rock; 04-28-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Thread Information