Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How did it feel?

This is a discussion on How did it feel? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ATC dependin on ur age its and wut u get for insurance its possible. but not having collision is a ...

White
    1999 T/A

ATC dependin on ur age its and wut u get for insurance its possible. but not having collision is a big risk. you should be able to get full coverage with a $1000 deductable (saves you money as long as you dont get in an accident, otherwise it just works out to cost as much as having a $500 deductable) but payments over 4 or 5 years on that shouldnt be much at all.

TransD- mostly i just did it for the simplicity of taking one check with me for what i want to pay and a little extra cash ( to try and get the price down a little) instead of carrying around 5k in bills. idk if youve ever seen it before but ive had to take that much outta the bank (was the check from other persons insurance in my accident) and even in 100's its a big ass wad lol. sorry to get off topic a lil

also, if your gonna make that much a month what you do with most loan companies is you first pay the payment (318), and then make a principal payment for the rest. thay payment gets applied directly to the principal that you owe after you make that monthly payment (that includes interest). and if the loans in your name (even with parent cosigner) paying it off in just a year will not only be great for yourself to actually own the car (instead of the bank) and it will look great for your credit score.

once you get the car youre gonna love it and want to start performance mods. but dont fall into the pit of thinking "well i only really need to pay 318 a month so im gonna spend the rest on mods instead of paying it" just pay that loan off FAST, then think of how much cash youll have later to make it a beast now that you dont need to send a Fu3%!#% bank 300 bills a month.

an yea dont forget about that you need to put a nice amount of cash aside to pay for the taxes n stuff. are you buying the car privately?? if so have them write the deal up for like 7300 or something like that. its really no big deal the previous owner will need to give you a bill of sale. DO NOT write it up for 11K. i got lucky, when i went tothe NYS dmv i guess my handwriting is so shitty, the lady thought i wrote 770 INSTEAD of the 7700 i put down.
    so for an 11k car i paid $150 for title/ registration and the DMV never said a word.

moral of the story, they dont know shit, save yourself a few hundred and get a bill of sale for less than it really is.

Thanks alot for your time man. Ya now i know what your talking about, good words of wisdom.

So when i buy the car ( not sure when ) but ya i want to buy it privatley, should i just ask the seller to be a nice guy and write down the note or sale cheaper?

Do all loans/banks let you pay the original payment, then pay the prinicple down as fast as you want ( plus interest) or do some make you pay over the three year period.

Now that i think about it, couldnt i get like a 4 year loan, get the payments a month reall cheap like 230ish and then be safe. and still pay as much as i can spare on the every month?

White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I'm paying $331 a month for full coverage insurance on my 2000 WS6, but I'm 20 with 1 at fault accident on my record, so that doesn't help.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    700 a year for full coverage??? that is BS!!!!!!!!!!
    Nope...I was paying 90.00 a month for full coverage on my '02. Which is approx. 1000 a year, so I would think that 700.00 could be had with some ins. companies. However, I didn't pay for a few months and got dropped. Now i'm paying 160.00 a month for full coverage with Geico.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TransDreamer View Post
    hate to tell you but... probally not. I think if i remember your also 16 years old. To get a loan on a car the bank has to have it in their name. SO that means you have to carry full coverage.

There is a unsecure loan that doesnt require you to have full coverage but it is ussaly high interest rate and ur parents are gonna have to have almost perfect credit ( you dont want that cause ull pay like 15% or something )

There is a home equilty loan that goes ageisnt ur parents house which is low interest rate, but ull have to talk to ur parents about that..

under 600 a month will be tough to afford a car... think about gas, maintance, loan, insurance, food money, i mean the list goes on. i would look for another job if i were you.

Pst me and i can help you out i was in the same boat as you...

o ya your probally gonna want full coverage anyways.. so you dont wreck and be out of a car and be f***ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by T/AKing View Post
    ATC dependin on ur age its and wut u get for insurance its possible. but not having collision is a big risk. you should be able to get full coverage with a $1000 deductable (saves you money as long as you dont get in an accident, otherwise it just works out to cost as much as having a $500 deductable) but payments over 4 or 5 years on that shouldnt be much at all.

TransD- mostly i just did it for the simplicity of taking one check with me for what i want to pay and a little extra cash ( to try and get the price down a little) instead of carrying around 5k in bills. idk if youve ever seen it before but ive had to take that much outta the bank (was the check from other persons insurance in my accident) and even in 100's its a big ass wad lol. sorry to get off topic a lil

also, if your gonna make that much a month what you do with most loan companies is you first pay the payment (318), and then make a principal payment for the rest. thay payment gets applied directly to the principal that you owe after you make that monthly payment (that includes interest). and if the loans in your name (even with parent cosigner) paying it off in just a year will not only be great for yourself to actually own the car (instead of the bank) and it will look great for your credit score.

once you get the car youre gonna love it and want to start performance mods. but dont fall into the pit of thinking "well i only really need to pay 318 a month so im gonna spend the rest on mods instead of paying it" just pay that loan off FAST, then think of how much cash youll have later to make it a beast now that you dont need to send a Fu3%!#% bank 300 bills a month.

an yea dont forget about that you need to put a nice amount of cash aside to pay for the taxes n stuff. are you buying the car privately?? if so have them write the deal up for like 7300 or something like that. its really no big deal the previous owner will need to give you a bill of sale. DO NOT write it up for 11K. i got lucky, when i went tothe NYS dmv i guess my handwriting is so shitty, the lady thought i wrote 770 INSTEAD of the 7700 i put down.
    so for an 11k car i paid $150 for title/ registration and the DMV never said a word.

moral of the story, they dont know shit, save yourself a few hundred and get a bill of sale for less than it really is.
    if i bought the car it would be completely in one of my parents' names. both of whom have perfect credit. i just got such a low income and desparately need an fbody.... so ive been lookin at high mileage lt1's. maybe a miracle willhappen.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

the formula is my secondary car which i also have clumped into my homeowners policy. i get a discount for a multi policy.
    i have 100/300 full coverage on my formula.
    the nice thing about insurance rates when you get older is that they are cheaper. now the thing that sucks is that youre getiing older
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I remember when I bought my Formula new it was a Great feeling to have something that not everyone else had. The LS1 was a new thing in `98 for the F-body Crowd, and believe me I took full advantage of the sleeper looks also.

I'm 38 and pay roughly $800 a year, $1000 deductables with Broadform coverage. Which means if I am not more than 50% the cause of the damage I don't pay a dime. Oh and it's my Daily Driver.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

if i bought the car it would be completely in one of my parents' names. both of whom have perfect credit. i just got such a low income and desparately need an fbody.... so ive been lookin at high mileage lt1's. maybe a miracle willhappen.
    No matter if its in you name or your parents your insurance looks at it as your 16 and have a lincense so you will have access to drive it. That will make your insurence higher...

Atleast i think that is how it works.

Another thing, why do you need an F-body so bad? Ya i would LOVE to own an LS1 but i can wait till i know ill be sure to afford one... i know how you feel about wanting one, but dont stretch yourself too tight.

If you find an Lt1 will high milage all that will do is bring you problems. your gonna end up replaceing things ( which will cost money you wont have ) Its also gonna be hard to find a clean Lt1 will high milage, something someone hasnt drove to hell already.

Remeber i know how you feel but make sure your ready before you go and buy, or even consider buying your F-body. ( but i mean shit this is coming from another 16 year old so you should get advice from someone on here that knows what they are talking about, lots of people here are willing to put in their 2-cents, some put a little too much input )

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TransDreamer View Post
    No matter if its in you name or your parents your insurance looks at it as your 16 and have a lincense so you will have access to drive it. That will make your insurence higher...

Atleast i think that is how it works.

Another thing, why do you need an F-body so bad? Ya i would LOVE to own an LS1 but i can wait till i know ill be sure to afford one... i know how you feel about wanting one, but dont stretch yourself too tight.

If you find an Lt1 will high milage all that will do is bring you problems. your gonna end up replaceing things ( which will cost money you wont have ) Its also gonna be hard to find a clean Lt1 will high milage, something someone hasnt drove to hell already.

Remeber i know how you feel but make sure your ready before you go and buy, or even consider buying your F-body. ( but i mean shit this is coming from another 16 year old so you should get advice from someone on here that knows what they are talking about, lots of people here are willing to put in their 2-cents, some put a little too much input )
    yea, maybe your right..... instead of hijacking this thread so much im going to post a new one about what kind of car i should buy for my first car while im saving for an fbody. thanks man, its not what i wanted to hear but u did kind of open my eyes to the reality to it.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

700 a year for full coverage??? that is BS!!!!!!!!!!
    not BS by any means. my SS is my secondary car (and is between 60-65/mon) for full coverage. my Explorer is around 35/month primary car, non full covrage...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

stupid of me to ask... but
    hypothetically, do you think it is possible to afford taking a loan on a $4500 car, with minimal insurance (just liability), making less than $600 a month?
    you are required by law to have full coverage on your car if taking out a loan to buy it...

also auto loans typically have restrictions to the lowest amount you have to borrow for a loan and what you can afford in terms of the age of the car. most auto loans limit it to 5-7 years. so a car from 2000-2002 is as far back as you could go, up to any car to 2007. obviously the newer the car the more money you would have to borrow.

an auto loan is cheaper in terms of an interest rate over trying to get a personal loan to buy a car in which you have to put up collaterial for a person loan, and no the car/car title you are trying to purchase does not count as collaterial since you do not own or have posession of the car at the time of processing and getting a loan approved for you.

there are many, many factors that go into getting approved for a loan. income being the main one, credit score, etc. do your research carefully, and don't get discouraged if you are denied a loan. the process is a PITA. good luck...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 02-12-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

1999 Trans Am = $49.11 a month full coverage
    2001 Grand Am GT = $41.66 a month full coverage

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

Now when i got into the car for the first time and started it up, i knew right then and there that i was going to buy the car. Took it out for an hour long test drive, looked it over every nook and cranny, pointed out 2 burned out bulbs, had them fixed, even had the synchros in the tranny replaced! because engagement between 3-4 was a little sticky. I told them I wouldn't talk them down on price as much if they would replace the bulbs and fix the synchros in the tranny. 2 days later i get a call that the car is all cleaned up and ready to be picked up, took it for another test drive, everything was perfect. signed the papers, even had them throw in my taxes and title fees, all i had to pay was the plates, and drove her home. Less than 2 weeks later the mod bug hit me.....

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    you are required by law to have full coverage on your car if taking out a loan to buy it...

also auto loans typically have restrictions to the lowest amount you have to borrow for a loan and what you can afford in terms of the age of the car. most auto loans limit it to 5-7 years. so a car from 2000-2002 is as far back as you could go, up to any car to 2007. obviously the newer the car the more money you would have to borrow.

an auto loan is cheaper in terms of an interest rate over trying to get a personal loan to buy a car in which you have to put up collaterial for a person loan, and no the car/car title you are trying to purchase does not count as collaterial since you do not own or have posession of the car at the time of processing and getting a loan approved for you.

there are many, many factors that go into getting approved for a loan. income being the main one, credit score, etc. do your research carefully, and don't get discouraged if you are denied a loan. the process is a PITA. good luck...
    Ya they told me i could only get a 99 with an auto loan... and they only give you a certian amount. Its like a kelly blue book.. they only would give me like 8k for a 99 T/A which i thought was fucked up.

So im geting a home equity loan, which doesnt requrie me to have full coverage... and they bank wont own my car ( jyst my moms house haha ) If i cant make the payments, which i will be able to, i'll just have to sell the T/a and pay it off..

<-----

Dark Blue
    2002 WS6 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Formula01 View Post
    I'm 21, and on my 2001 Formula, full coverage costs me $120/mo with one speeding ticket on record (86mph in 70mph zone) The ticket cost more than one month's insurance($135/ticket).

Who is your insurance. I pay 207 a month and my record is clean. 02 t/a ws6.

98T/Aformula
    The best feeling ever !!! It took me almost 6 months to find the perfect one for me so once I drove it away with the T-tops off and the sun shining I couldnt stop smiling

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    The best feeling ever !!! It took me almost 6 months to find the perfect one for me so once I drove it away with the T-tops off and the sun shining I couldnt stop smiling
    i cant wait.....

White
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    1999 Trans Am = $49.11 a month full coverage
    2001 Grand Am GT = $41.66 a month full coverage

Now if we could all just live in the great mid western middle of nowhere lmao the rest of us will just have to pay 3500 a year to drive our baby's....

I wrote this part a day or two ago but the damn server was down and ive been busy the past few days with my great granny passing. its all good tho.
    Now to the fun stuff

um yea bill of sale really isnt a big deal. the state really doenst have a clue between trans X C6 this or 405 DOHC that lol. im in NY and didnt have a prob ur in OH i think itd be even easeir. i mean cmon..... the lady put it in that i paid $700 bux for my car, the rims with tires i bought off the guy cost more LMAO

Basically way it works is i had the loan set out with payments for 11K. then after i paid back 5K i had the loan reammortized (sp?) since i made a 5k principal payment. which means my 11k loan with XXX payments was now a 6500k loan with 140/mo payments. i pay all my bills online so the way it works is first you pay the monthly due (in my case 140) which covers some principal + interest. THEN you make a principal payment for whatever the F u want. so yea theoretically if you make $2140 a month you would first pay the 140 leavin u wit 2k. then make a 2k principal payment and thats it. easy as warm apple pie haha

Do all loans/banks let you pay the original payment, then pay the prinicple down as fast as you want ( plus interest) or do some make you pay over the three year period.

Now that i think about it, couldnt i get like a 4 year loan, get the payments a month reall cheap like 230ish and then be safe. and still pay as much as i can spare on the every month?

n yea thats basically what i did. got a loan to bring one check n get hte final price down a little , then paid off what i had, and had the loan reammortized for the remaining balance with a nice LOW payment, that im just cruisin on right now until summer when i actually make some real money. right now with school im making just enough to pay all my bills and put gas in the car lol

but ..... my cars freakin hott haha

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by T/AKing View Post
    Now if we could all just live in the great mid western middle of nowhere lmao the rest of us will just have to pay 3500 a year to drive our baby's....
    Denver isn't the middle of nowhere.

Married and 27 years old doesn't hurt though.
    Not actually married, but our agent is good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information