Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How can I mod a WS6 auto?

This is a discussion on How can I mod a WS6 auto? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; what are all your mods C32? a stall converter on average will dump .5 tenths in e.t. you can get ...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

what are all your mods C32?
    a stall converter on average will dump .5 tenths in e.t.
    you can get a bigger gain but then a bigger stall is needed and you lose some driveabilty. for stalls i would not go above 3500 if the car sees regular street duty.
    speed inc= http://www.ls1speed.com/contact.cfm

some locals and myself go to 41 on a semi regular basis when weather permits
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

C32used
    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    what are all your mods C32?
    a stall converter on average will dump .5 tenths in e.t.
    you can get a bigger gain but then a bigger stall is needed and you lose some driveabilty. for stalls i would not go above 3500 if the car sees regular street duty.
    speed inc= http://www.ls1speed.com/contact.cfm

some locals and myself go to 41 on a semi regular basis when weather permits
    I have Denso Iridium plugs, Green and K&N filters, ASP pulleys Evotech Retune, Magnacor wires....and at last visit I used Dunlop Sport SP 235/35/17 all around the sedan is making currently 317 RWHP 330 RWTQ but before pullies and retune it made 299 RWHP/290 RWTQ. 1st time we went there was a silver 6spd WS6 that said he only had full exhaust and headers and pulled 12.90s all day my Bud in his was 2000 auto stock WS6 was in the 13.50s most runs. It would be nice to have you guys go to give more motivation to my Bud since he seems more into bikes. Also I don't know if my car can use a stall converter

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I did Pacesetter LTs, True dual exhaust, 3.73 gears, 3600 stall, and a shiftkit.. then got it tuned. Went from 13.6 stock to 12.1 with DRs.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

black

Quote Originally Posted by C32used View Post
    I have Denso Iridium plugs, Green and K&N filters, ASP pulleys Evotech Retune, Magnacor wires....and at last visit I used Dunlop Sport SP 235/35/17 all around the sedan is making currently 317 RWHP 330 RWTQ but before pullies and retune it made 299 RWHP/290 RWTQ. 1st time we went there was a silver 6spd WS6 that said he only had full exhaust and headers and pulled 12.90s all day my Bud in his was 2000 auto stock WS6 was in the 13.50s most runs. It would be nice to have you guys go to give more motivation to my Bud since he seems more into bikes. Also I don't know if my car can use a stall converter
    the reason why i asked about your current mods was because you said you should be able to do mid 12s.
    high 12s at best with the current set up.
    why couldnt your car use a stall?

C32used
    the reason why i asked about your current mods was because you said you should be able to do mid 12s.
    high 12s at best with the current set up.
    why couldnt your car use a stall?
    My current track time are based on more when car was stock. With the addition of the pullies and re-tune..I should be able to do mid to high 12s...with DRs I see maybe 12.5 and less. I am pretty fresh to modding any car so I never heard of stall or if it can be used in these European cars...I will research when I can...what does a Stall do?

black

My current track time are based on more when car was stock. With the addition of the pullies and re-tune..I should be able to do mid to high 12s...with DRs I see maybe 12.5 and less. I am pretty fresh to modding any car so I never heard of stall or if it can be used in these European cars...I will research when I can...what does a Stall do?
    just to let you know, most people with just your mods will do high 12s.
    i didnt hit mid 12s till i had a catback, stall, headers, sticky tires and tuning.

C32used
    just to let you know, most people with just your mods will do high 12s.
    i didnt hit mid 12s till i had a catback, stall, headers, sticky tires and tuning.
    I feel I will be able to hit mid to high 12s but trying for low 12s hopefully with DR.

black

I feel I will be able to hit mid to high 12s but trying for low 12s hopefully with DR.
    come spring well have to all have some fun at 41!

C32used
    Honestly I can't wait!!!

I hope you guys can make it!!

C32used
    Honestly I can't wait!!!

C32used
    Honestly I can't wait!!!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ You can say that again! J/K hahahah

Custom
    99 T/A

I have a good friend who owns a 2000 WS6 auto. I wanted to know what mods are best for no more then $1k that will bring his car to the 12s.

thanks in advance!
    New cam and converter Cam 228/232/575/585@113+1 should put it in the 11's My car with that cam and the worst gears 2:73's and a 3200 tight converter ran constant 12.0 and ocasional 11.9 but it was a killer street car-with a 4:10 gear mid 11's 11.6-11.5 on a 1.7 60ft the biggest gain for the money is a offroad y pipe-and a 30$ cutout those 2 things alone will throw a stock ls1 fbody in a high 12's that cam and longtubes
    put me 422rwhp and 406tq it is a very streetable cam. that cam also is a killer nitrous cam--serious tq. Biggest thing I have seen is people over caming too tall of lift will decrease torque and the fact that you are runnin hydraulic lifters "bleed down" under high spring preasures-I just gave you at least what took me 3 of my 8 years of owning a ls1 to learn.And yes that is a cheap route to a fast/quick non nitrous ls1 remember these cars are heavy Tq. is king hope this helps

C32used
    Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
    New cam and converter Cam 228/232/575/585@113+1 should put it in the 11's My car with that cam and the worst gears 2:73's and a 3200 tight converter ran constant 12.0 and ocasional 11.9 but it was a killer street car-with a 4:10 gear mid 11's 11.6-11.5 on a 1.7 60ft the biggest gain for the money is a offroad y pipe-and a 30$ cutout those 2 things alone will throw a stock ls1 fbody in a high 12's that cam and longtubes
    put me 422rwhp and 406tq it is a very streetable cam. that cam also is a killer nitrous cam--serious tq. Biggest thing I have seen is people over caming too tall of lift will decrease torque and the fact that you are runnin hydraulic lifters "bleed down" under high spring preasures-I just gave you at least what took me 3 of my 8 years of owning a ls1 to learn.And yes that is a cheap route to a fast/quick non nitrous ls1 remember these cars are heavy Tq. is king hope this helps
    If I owned a LS1 car I would be even more excited I sent an email to my friend to check this site out and hope it gives him the same thrill and aspirations it does me....WOW!

Custom
    99 T/A

Now for the bad part,With makeing all that tq. it is a given that the rear end will shatter and take the tranny with it.So before anything money should be spent on a 12 bolt or a dana 60 rear end.Trust me its money well spent ,because a tranny and rear end is big bux when they blow and yes it is a fact that the trans will be taken out with the rear they both will be shot.I am on my 7th 4l60e
    since 99 figure 1000 bux min, for each one

C32used
    Now for the bad part,With makeing all that tq. it is a given that the rear end will shatter and take the tranny with it.So before anything money should be spent on a 12 bolt or a dana 60 rear end.Trust me its money well spent ,because a tranny and rear end is big bux when they blow and yes it is a fact that the trans will be taken out with the rear they both will be shot.I am on my 7th 4l60e

Scary thought!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Time to go with a T350 or 400. But seriously -my trans guy specializes in 4l60es and gaurantees they will hold 700rwhp. A guy I know has had one in his car for 2 years and no issues. Takes it to the track all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information