Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

How to beat a Cobra?

What mods do I need to beat a SVT Cobra from a roll? My brother is picking up one this week and I want my WS6 to be able to keep up with him on the highway. Those Cobras are some badass cars.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

You need to pick up about 70 HP. Nice head/cam, dump the stock exhaust for a free flowing one. Gears are a good option. Or you could just spray the snake. You would be better served doing from a dig cause rolls are for fat chicks!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

wut year is it? whats done to it? is your car stock? can your brother drive?
    Answer my questions and ill let you know

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I was assuming an 03-04 cause a stock LS1 will eat a nat asp Cobra.

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

The Cobra is a 02-04 and is stock for now. I have a lid and a catback. At this point, I would say are driving skills are comparable.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

they never made an 02 cobra. There is a HUGE differance from 01 to 03. Well like mentioned ull have no problem with an 01... however an 03 ur gonna need more than that.

Youll need full bolt ons to hang with a stock 03/04 cobra. If hes modded, pulley,exhaust,intake,chip and a tune then youll need a big H/C setup and he still MIGHT have the advantage if he can drive. With all those mods hell be making about 470. Port the blower and ur looking close to 500. So full bolt ons H/C and some good dr's and ull hand him his ass if he is stock. And if hes an 01 and you get all this done, dont even bother.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

ya im retarded. I didnt read the "hes stock for now part of ur reply"

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

race him when he first gets it and youll get him. you know youre car, he wont know his. the rear makes the launch tricky, if you dont get the launch youll be done quick without a good amount of torque over the stock number.

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

I thought 02 was the year they changed over to the supercharged cobras? Anyway those cobras are rated at 390hp, but I've heard that they make nearly that at the wheels. I've never really been much of a ford guy, but I'd trade my WS6 for a SVT Cobra if I was given the chance.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

so it is a supercharged cobra? Is so go back to my post

White
    2000 Trans Am

I had a 01' WS6 with just a lid, flowmaster and y-pipe. From a roll I could beat cobra's never tried it from a dead stop. My car was a auto to. I was running 8.50's 1/8th mile on street tires. What do you run in your car? I think you should be able to get him if the car is bone stock with your 01 WS6, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricken1 View Post
    You need to pick up about 70 HP. Nice head/cam, dump the stock exhaust for a free flowing one. Gears are a good option. Or you could just spray the snake. You would be better served doing from a dig cause rolls are for fat chicks!
    That makes NO fucking sense for this thread, but I like it anyway!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INeedLS1 View Post
    I thought 02 was the year they changed over to the supercharged cobras? Anyway those cobras are rated at 390hp, but I've heard that they make nearly that at the wheels. I've never really been much of a ford guy, but I'd trade my WS6 for a SVT Cobra if I was given the chance.
    Boo that man.
    This is how lame Ford is...
    GM comes out with Camaro w/ v6 for sports car looks at an affordable price for those who just want a nice looking sportscar. Then they put the v8 in the Z28/SS/Trans Am models for those that want power and speed to go along with the looks and the price is still affordable. But when that just isn't enough and you want a top-end sports car looks better and more power yet they have the corvette and the Z06 at even unbeatable prices for their class.

Ford on the other hand has the mustang. Same damn ugly car from the v6 to the cobra. Now why would anyone want to pay cobra prices for the same looking car as the cheap ass v6 stangs that you see everywhere? (Sure they have that GT car out now but you could buy several new Z06 vettes for the price and if you wanted to spend that kind of money on a car would you seriously buy a ford over a lambo, ferrari, or the like?) I know you said if someone offered you a trade, but it would sure as hell have to be in that 2003+ and such a trade is unrealistic.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_Black_WS6 View Post
    Boo that man.
    This is how lame Ford is...
    GM comes out with Camaro w/ v6 for sports car looks at an affordable price for those who just want a nice looking sportscar. Then they put the v8 in the Z28/SS/Trans Am models for those that want power and speed to go along with the looks and the price is still affordable. But when that just isn't enough and you want a top-end sports car looks better and more power yet they have the corvette and the Z06 at even unbeatable prices for their class.

Ford on the other hand has the mustang. Same damn ugly car from the v6 to the cobra. Now why would anyone want to pay cobra prices for the same looking car as the cheap ass v6 stangs that you see everywhere? (Sure they have that GT car out now but you could buy several new Z06 vettes for the price and if you wanted to spend that kind of money on a car would you seriously buy a ford over a lambo, ferrari, or the like?) I know you said if someone offered you a trade, but it would sure as hell have to be in that 2003+ and such a trade is unrealistic.
    wow. im stunned by this. you make absolutely no sense. camaros look pretty much the same between the 6 and the 8. a few minor exterior differences but not much. same thing with the mustang. so your "ford has the mustang" statement makes no sense.
    secondly, any shmuck can tell the difference between a gt and a cobra. the only ones in recent years that can be mistaken are the 01 cobras. the terminators look totally different and the 94-98 models have a different front bumper and other little things such as wheels.
    and not to keep ripping through your post but i think you may be misinformed. the ford gt puts out just as much power as a most of the italian cars such as the murcielago and the f430 for that matter. it actually costs less than the lamborghinis and ferraris of similar class.
    also, im not a fan of ford but if i had the option of a 550 hp exotic car for 150k or a 550 hp car for 250k my choice would be simple. its not as if the gt looks like a tempo. it was built to compete with the italian exotics, end of story.
    i agree about getting a z06 instead but in reality it isnt that much faster....and a smaller pulley on a ford gt would cause even the mighty z06 gobs of trouble.
    im die hard GM....but im not ignorant in regards to what else is out there.....

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I guess I didn't emphasize the right points. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and most of them are v6 which every high school kid and broke ass redneck buy and then put all the Cobra stuff on... nothing you are going to do to an f-body to turn it into a vette. For all the trouble Ford went through making that GT they couldn't have designed a different car for their upper sports car level? GM makes the Corvette, Ford just does more shit to the Mustang.
    Now where I should have been corrected is that Jaguar's are a Ford product and have a Vette level sports car in looks and price, but not performance.
    And hell, if I have 150k to spend on a car... then I have 250k to spend on a car. No one with a budget is buying those, lol.

I stayed w a 03 Cobra on a highway roll, dunno if it was an auto, but it was most likely stock, this was a few years ago without spray. 125 shot would prolly even the game on a pullied cobra.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_Black_WS6 View Post
    I guess I didn't emphasize the right points. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and most of them are v6 which every high school kid and broke ass redneck buy and then put all the Cobra stuff on... nothing you are going to do to an f-body to turn it into a vette. For all the trouble Ford went through making that GT they couldn't have designed a different car for their upper sports car level? GM makes the Corvette, Ford just does more shit to the Mustang.
    Now where I should have been corrected is that Jaguar's are a Ford product and have a Vette level sports car in looks and price, but not performance.
    And hell, if I have 150k to spend on a car... then I have 250k to spend on a car. No one with a budget is buying those, lol.
    dude, youre killing me? mustangs are a dime a dozen, but so are camaros!! i have seen just as many hicks with iroc z home gardens as i have fox body dumpsters.
    the corvette, for the most part, has always had the same motor as the f bodies, it just gets the numbers fudged a bit and its not as heavy. ok so the z06 got the ls6 and now the ls7.
    well the new gt500 is a completely different motor than the gt. completely. jaguar? where did that come from? they dont mean shit. should we bring aston martin into this too? no sense in it.
    the z06 competes with the new gt500, thats obvious. chevy doesnt make a quote unquote "exotic" (just the z06 dego slayer) so they have a limited demographic. guys who have that money want their cars to be unique and flashy looking. ford can do what they want...so they made the gt. why buy a lambo if the gt can best it?
    again, i am no fan of Ford, and i generally loathe mustangs, owner and car dependent. but the things you say pertain to both car companies, not just ford because you dont like them.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    I stayed w a 03 Cobra on a highway roll, dunno if it was an auto, but it was most likely stock, this was a few years ago without spray. 125 shot would prolly even the game on a pullied cobra.
    they are all 6spd manual (t56 like us)

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Jesus, calm down. There are not nearly as many Camaros on the road as Mustangs. Regardless, I sold my Z28 partially for that reason anyways... WS.6 on the road are more rare than the Vettes, so I guess you got me there but I didn't want to offend Camaro owners and I loved mine when I had it.
    Not a Ford lover my ass, only people that would raise such a big fuss are just that. The XK Jag prior to its Austin Martin facelift was the only Ford made upper level sports car comprable in price to the Vette, they were just so unpopular I guess you didn't know that. Besides, expect a little Mustang bashing... you're on a GM site

Sorry for interupting this thread, certainly had no intentions till this certain individual had to get nit-picky.

blk
    ?

fuck ford!!!!!stang owners will make there shit look soooo riced out that you forget its american...I hate it...and i have ran into a local gt with the whole terminator body on it and he wont race it...wonder why..just for looks..id rather have a flying turd than a shiny snail!!!!

Thread Information