Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Horsepower Estimate?

This is a discussion on Horsepower Estimate? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Aetos Yea, at times I get such a good feeling when just rowing through the gears while ...

pewter
    2002 firehawk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    Yea, at times I get such a good feeling when just rowing through the gears while just cruising. Something about pressing the clutch, throwing in the gear, letting out the clutch in one smooth transaction puts a smile on my face. (sometimes)
    yeah but how do you hold your beer

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    35 rwhp with headers? if you get that let me know what headers. 20rwhp would be nice maybe even 30
    u dont think my car is choking just a tad bit more than a stock car?????lol...and as i said that dyno was with 0 miles on the car..currently has 28k.......i would asssume after the break in it has a lil more horse as well....ill let ya know when i blow the dough.....if it ends up with only 420rwhp or less i think i should be a lil upset with my set up and 17/8ths long tubes

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

if you get 35+rwhp then i will buy you a e-drink my friend

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

you said 420 rwhp will be disappointing after heads/cam..........thats pretty damn good considering what you start off with, thats in the neighborhood off 500 flywheel

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    truth is rowing gears and cruising is comparable to nothing else except sex, when it comes to et's auto's have consistency, i still think auto's are like three wheeled motorcycles
    I'll agree to disagree I've had both M6 with 4.10 gears and now A4 3500 stall with 3.73 gears.

The A4 wins hands down. Not only is it faster its nice to criuse around without having to deal with the clucth.

And launches with drag radials is like taking candy from a baby. I always felt like a sitting duck at a red light with my M6 4.10 set up!! Launching that car was like ice skating up hill.... or clapping with one hand.

A4 stalled all the way

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare00 View Post
    I'll agree to disagree I've had both M6 with 4.10 gears and now A4 3500 stall with 3.73 gears.

The A4 wins hands down. Not only is it faster its nice to criuse around without having to deal with the clucth.

And launches with drag radials is like taking candy from a baby. I always felt like a sitting duck at a red light with my M6 4.10 set up!! Launching that car was like ice skating up hill.... or clapping with one hand.

A4 stalled all the way
    This is a subject that can go on and on and on.... Basically, what it boils down to is... how much you race, and how much you enjoy picking your gear and holding it with your own brain power. Thats it, it all opinion. If I could have a 2nd car, it would be a stalled auto. But I will never give up the 6 speed. Just makes me feel good.

BTW, I really want to see some numbers posted up from you. Looking forward to it!!!!
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    u dont think my car is choking just a tad bit more than a stock car?????lol...and as i said that dyno was with 0 miles on the car..currently has 28k.......i would asssume after the break in it has a lil more horse as well....ill let ya know when i blow the dough.....if it ends up with only 420rwhp or less i think i should be a lil upset with my set up and 17/8ths long tubes
    I did not know you did not have LT yet!!! WTF?????? You are seriously choking that 383!!! Good luck!

BTW, Kooks ATMFW !!!!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    you said 420 rwhp will be disappointing after heads/cam..........thats pretty damn good considering what you start off with, thats in the neighborhood off 500 flywheel
    heads/cam/ STROKED......yeah choking her...i feel bad but i havnt been willing to drop the 2k yet its going to cost me to do it right and with a tune afterwards

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

wow those are very low numbers for the mods

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by afattitude View Post
    wow those are very low numbers for the mods
    he's behind a 4l60e ...

98' trans am

plus that stall will throw his numbers lower

black
    1999 trans am

well.. id say if ud take the car right now as sits with the free mods.. and have a tune at a deferent place. u might find a better tuner.. but if mr.lous has advice.. listen...u wont be steered wrong. and ull be very happy with what u get with them head and cams

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I believe mine is stock with msd plug wires and ngk spark plugs. I made 301hp on a dyno at the wheels. after tuning it was 319hp at the wheels. You seemed to put alot of things in your car and got low hp results. maybe you need a better tuner? I can recommend one. he charges $450, but has alot of experience.

98' trans am

:bang: stalls will throw numbers off by a large bit...the only thing that matters is 1/4 or 1/8 times..everything else is just a measurement

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    :bang: stalls will throw numbers off by a large bit...the only thing that matters is 1/4 or 1/8 times..everything else is just a measurement
    Aren't 1/4 and 1/8 mile ET's just a measurement too???? Not trying to start an argument but some people go for times, others may go for max power.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    Aren't 1/4 and 1/8 mile ET's just a measurement too???? Not trying to start an argument but some people go for times, others may go for max power.
    well if your going for max power..dyno queen..then a auto is a bad choice...especially behind a big stall.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Heads and cam, I put 400 to the ground with a stalled (3600) 4L60E. I think 400 RWHP is very attainable with a smart selection of parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information