hood block off plate and baffles (help)

This is a discussion on hood block off plate and baffles (help) within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok so I got an issue here and I was hoping someone could help me out. So I was hooking ...

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

hood block off plate and baffles (help)

ok so I got an issue here and I was hoping someone could help me out.

So I was hooking up my knight rider led lights in my nostrils (which looks really cool by the way) and I dropped out all the rivots for the block off plate and baffles. Only problem is the way I mounted the lights to the back, I cannot get the block off plate or baffels re-installed.

Can I do any damage by leaving them out. Would I be running the motor lean? I recall a thread saying you can get water in the intake.

If I gotta do it all over again I guess I will, but I just do not want to do any damage to my car.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I have no idea......but i think i know of some guys taking those out to make the ram air actually work

Madison, WI

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

They are rain baffles. I removed mine and installed a JAAM ram air kit and in very very heavy rain at hiway speeds, my air filter gets wet. The duct has been dry several times I checked it so I don't think water is getting past the filter. I think you're ok.

peoria, az

2001 WS6

you can't reinstall the baffles. They're glued in and rivoted. The free ram air mod is more like a permenant mod. I suppose you could try jb welding it back in there. And yes, it does work. It wont show much gains on a dyno because there's not much air flow, but you'll feel it pull just a bit more on the street/ highway. hence the term. "ram" air.

charlotte, nc

02 ws6, samurai on 40's

leave them out, u dont need them at all. removing them helps with delivering alot more air to the air box. this means mo hp's!

Thread Information