Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Holy Crap look what they did to this Trans AM

This is a discussion on Holy Crap look what they did to this Trans AM within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm not sure if the hood just isn't down all the way, or it needs to be adjusted. Someone said ...

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

I'm not sure if the hood just isn't down all the way, or it needs to be adjusted. Someone said it's the lights, but I think it's the hood.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    I'm not sure if the hood just isn't down all the way, or it needs to be adjusted. Someone said it's the lights, but I think it's the hood.
    well, the hood normally has a lip over the front "triangle piece," but the front clip + headlights could be exaggerating the look, making the lip even more profound.

and maybe a crappy body shop aligned it.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    well, the hood normally has a lip over the front "triangle piece," but the front clip + headlights could be exaggerating the look, making the lip even more profound. Click for full size

and maybe a crappy body shop aligned it.
    Sure thing, But all of the spots I've circled are telling me it's not aligned properly.

Check out the same spots on mine for comparison.

NBM
    99 TA

pretty sure Mecham hoods were famous for fitting like shit

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

xzaero0's hood fits a lot better than the pic above.

Check this link for pics
    Anyone have Heat Extractor Hood

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i dont like the roll bar......but i'd beat it till it died.......

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    pretty sure Mecham hoods were famous for fitting like shit
    really? the one's i have seen are a lot better than the one the OP posted. I just don't think they are being aligned properly. but yeah, the lip over the "triangle piece" does look slightly awkward, i'm still a fan of the hood though.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Sure thing, But all of the spots I've circled are telling me it's not aligned properly.

Click for full size

Check out the same spots on mine for comparison.
    Click for full size
    true, the original car had a horribly aligned hood, but in the photo i posted i believe the mecham hood is properly aligned.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Ws6 T/A

I like those headlights

That car looks alot like one that belongs to a guy in the car club I belong to. I like it.

<<< says it all

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

the hood itself is obviously a firehawk design but with heat extractors, which I don't see why you'd "Need" unless you had a heat issue. I could even see the front clip, if you have a big ass intercooler or something. Probably would look better all one color...and aligned right. those headlights though are over a thousand bucks for the kit and for what? so you don't have the flip ups? flip ups are what make TA's so fun!...and replacing the motors constantly.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    the hood itself is obviously a firehawk design but with heat extractors, which I don't see why you'd "Need" unless you had a heat issue. I could even see the front clip, if you have a big ass intercooler or something. Probably would look better all one color...and aligned right. those headlights though are over a thousand bucks for the kit and for what? so you don't have the flip ups? flip ups are what make TA's so fun!...and replacing the motors constantly.
    you're joking right? you know that's a mecham hood, not based on firehawk design at all. the Raptor hood is based on firehawk design though. i think flipup headlights improve the design of the trans am, especially with the dual headlight design. and i'm with you, totally not worth the money for the stationary lights!

Black

you're joking right? you know that's a mecham hood, not based on firehawk design at all. the Raptor hood is based on firehawk design though. i think flipup headlights improve the design of the trans am, especially with the dual headlight design. and i'm with you, totally not worth the money for the stationary lights!
    yes, I know it is a Mecham, but when you say Mecham, most people don't know what the heck you're talking about, and the firehawk intakes and mecham intakes look really similar...which reminds me to look at that mecham site again so I can get mad that I don't have enough money.

and the rollbar in this car...wow...like putting a playing card in the spoke of a 'Busa.
    Last edited by sharptransam; 09-27-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

yes, I know it is a Mecham, but when you say Mecham, most people don't know what the heck you're talking about, and the firehawk intakes and mecham intakes look really similar...which reminds me to look at that mecham site again so I can get mad that I don't have enough money.

and the rollbar in this car...wow...like putting a playing card in the spoke of a 'Busa.
    actually, mecham hood prices had dropped last time i checked. it's the hood i really want for my trans am....when it's aligned properly that is.

Black

really? that's good cause they used to be pretty ridiculous. I haven't been checking many sites since my PC crashed. but back to topic...

at least that front clip looks like it can use your OEM Day lights. the other one I've seen had one big whole in the front and no place for them.
    Last edited by sharptransam; 09-28-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

really? that's good cause they used to be pretty ridiculous. I haven't been checking many sites since my PC crashed. but back to topic...

at least that front clip looks like it can use your OEM Day lights. the other one I've seen had one big whole in the front and no place for them.
    $769 for the hood.

do you know where that front clip comes from? the website that used to have them is no longer in operation.

black trans am

that just goes to show there are ricers in every thing, is there a way that we can call the scca and have the Trans am logo taken off of some of the ricers... well i gess no one told that guy that a eclips gas door fits on our cars too

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

agree

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Its a little too extreme for me but, I'm old. Little too much on the "hat backwards dudes" and no education on True F-body style.

I've often checked with this site before I go an do anything.

It still has a lot of good points though as far as I'm concerned. He could give me some of that money for starters.
    I'm with you on this one BIG GUNS: way to youngstir for me!!!

I do agree that it has to be a fit problem, thats always a problem when finding a good hood!
    I bought a raptor hood years ago, it installed with very minor alignment issues(mostly on shocks and latch). My buddy has dealt with several hood issues due to crappy construction.

buyer beware and always check with your favorite boards before you buy anything online!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

actually, mecham hood prices had dropped last time i checked. it's the hood i really want for my trans am....when it's aligned properly that is.
    yes... they have dropped down to $7xx.xx...

they are also crafted much better now and have no fitment issues... the people whjo install them are the ones that can't get them to fit right...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information