Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Hit a deer yesterday.

This is a discussion on Hit a deer yesterday. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; A nice Sat. afternoon and had the TA out. Just cruising along on a short stretch of winding road, and ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Conrad Mt.
    Posts
    143

    artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Hit a deer yesterday.

    A nice Sat. afternoon and had the TA out. Just cruising along on a short stretch of winding road, and out of the ditch,( 200 ft dropoff ditch with no gaurdrails) jumps a mule deer doe. I hit the brakes, and about 2 seconds later, she hits the front of the car. Up and over the car she goes, I was doing about 50 mph when contact took place. Now my heart is going like you wouldn't beleive, I get stopped, and the anger starts, as I get out to see how much damage there is. Much to my surprise, I have a dented drivers side headlight cover, broken license plate cover, and some double sided tape popped lose on my front lip kit, and thats it. After seeing what was done and the releif I felt, I looked back to see that the deers back was broke, and dragging her ass trying to gett away, I thought suffer bitch. I drove to a friends house and got some duct tape to fix the front lip to get me home.
    Hell of a rush though, I don't recommend it.

  2. #2
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    LOL. Pretty fucking cruel... All posts of car demolition require pics.. haha..

    Holyfully you have full coverage

  3. #3
    3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,365

    Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

    Sorry to hear about the bad luck.,,,,,,,but



  4. #4
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    i am waiting for pictures.......

  5. #5
    Manhattan Trans Am SHovV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182

    Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

    me too

  6. #6
    Senior Member redbird555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    pompano beach florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,008
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

    Doe or not wheres my venison steaks. I want some backstrap.

  7. #7
    Member Pickle86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kanas city Mo
    Age
    31
    Posts
    151

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

    dude that sucks i would be pissed

  8. #8
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    I would have had to gut and skin it as punishment.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Conrad Mt.
    Posts
    143

    artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    I didn't take any pictures, because I've already got the dent out of the headlight cover. You can barely see any damage on it at all, and no damage to the assembly. Some double sided 3m tape on the front lip, and its no different than before. I just have to buy a new license plate cover, bird overlay and have it painted. Her head actually hit the pass. side of the windsheild and didn't even crack it. I can't beleive how lucky I was. Gonna cost less than $ 100.00.
    As for gutting and cutting it up, I still have half of my 5 point ( 10 point eastern count ) Whitetail in my freezer. There would have probably been a lot of bloodshot meat on the hindquarters anyway. And I like the grain and grass fed Whitetails I shoot no more than 2 miles from my front door.
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

  10. #10
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    ur a douchebag, regardless of the damage u think the deer wanted to get hit by a car? #1 sign of a serial killer if enjoying animals suffer.......

  11. #11
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ur a douchebag, regardless of the damage u think the deer wanted to get hit by a car? #1 sign of a serial killer if enjoying animals suffer.......
    Look, if youíre going to cry about road kill go join PETA, it was a joke; sorry you canít reflect sarcasm very well typing.

  12. #12
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    I didn't take any pictures, because I've already got the dent out of the headlight cover. You can barely see any damage on it at all, and no damage to the assembly. Some double sided 3m tape on the front lip, and its no different than before. I just have to buy a new license plate cover, bird overlay and have it painted. Her head actually hit the pass. side of the windsheild and didn't even crack it. I can't beleive how lucky I was. Gonna cost less than $ 100.00.
    As for gutting and cutting it up, I still have half of my 5 point ( 10 point eastern count ) Whitetail in my freezer. There would have probably been a lot of bloodshot meat on the hindquarters anyway. And I like the grain and grass fed Whitetails I shoot no more than 2 miles from my front door.

    Sounds like you got very lucky....I have seen far worse, I had been in a jeep that one went 1/2 way through the windshield

  13. #13
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac



    Ya gotta know, ..., everyone just wants to see damage!

  14. #14
    Junior Member Fox Body's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    1st place
    Age
    30
    Posts
    64

    primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Look, if youíre going to cry about road kill go join PETA, it was a joke; sorry you canít reflect sarcasm very well typing.
    he wasnt referring to the fact the u hit and killed it....its the fact that u left it there to suffer.....im a hunter and i still dont think that is cool....it may have been in that condition untill it died just from lack of food or water

  15. #15
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    After seeing what was done and the releif I felt, I looked back to see that the deers back was broke, and dragging her ass trying to gett away, I thought suffer bitch.
    This is what im refering to.....

  16. #16
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    Could be worse.


  17. #17
    Manhattan Trans Am SHovV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182

    Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

    who cares..... I'm with Hwystar

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Conrad Mt.
    Posts
    143

    artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ur a douchebag, regardless of the damage u think the deer wanted to get hit by a car? #1 sign of a serial killer if enjoying animals suffer.......
    If and when you ever hit a deer, and it totals your car, remember what you said here. I don't carry any of my guns in my car, I have a truck for that, so I didn't have anything to kill it with. And her back was broke so she wasn't going anywhere, that's why I called a friend of mine ( deputy sheriff ) and he called the local game warden to come and take care of it. So don't go calling me names when you don't know the whole story or know anything about me.

  19. #19
    Junior Member Fox Body's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    1st place
    Age
    30
    Posts
    64

    primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    If and when you ever hit a deer, and it totals your car, remember what you said here. I don't carry any of my guns in my car, I have a truck for that, so I didn't have anything to kill it with. And her back was broke so she wasn't going anywhere, that's why I called a friend of mine ( deputy sheriff ) and he called the local game warden to come and take care of it. So don't go calling me names when you don't know the whole story or know anything about me.
    well then tell the whole story

  20. #20
    Member TOMASINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    downers grove
    Posts
    206

    white
    2000

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post


    Ya gotta know, ..., everyone just wants to see damage!
    that is correct!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. deer #3
    By 0rion in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 08:36 AM
  2. Fu**ing Deer
    By screaminbird in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 03:23 PM
  3. getting some deer meat!!!!
    By 71skylark in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
  4. 2000 Z-28 =0 Deer+1 !!!!!!!!
    By phillip wigington in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 03:59 AM
  5. ever hit a deer? this guy did... LOL!!!
    By Spaz in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •