Thread: Hestation

Black
    1998 firebird formula ws6

Hestation

Hello, my ses light came on yestraday and when out that night drove it back home (3 hours) came back on and at 1500 rpm it has like a pulse or hestitation and then clears out when u give it gas and it does it at 2000 rpm when your light on the gas? Any ideas i had the ses light checked (my mechanic still looking up the codes). I thought i read on this site somebody has that problem and it was the mass air flow??

Red
    2001 ws6

could be, they sell a MAF cleaner, pick some up and spray it down. also let us know what the codes are. have you recently changed to an oil type air filter such as k&n?

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

find out what codes you have

Black

Fixed thanks guys it was the mass air flow, i sprayed with carb and choke cleaner worked excellent, unreal throttle response. thanks

white
    1998 trans am

sound like you have a o2 sensor problem and it is common problem. change them. BUT FIRST find what is the code it shouldn't take forever to find what is wrong, all they have to do is plug it in and tell you. or buy code reader from autozone

Black

The 02 sensors where deleted from frost about 2 weeks ago, mechanic said it was the mass air flow, or the oil hasnt been changed in a long time, or 02 sensors, well i change my oil every 2500 mile (royal purple with a wix filter), and have no 02 sensors, so only thing left. I cleaned it last nite seem to fix it and it had a shit load more throttle response much quicker, must have been dirty.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Black 98 formula ws6 View Post
    The 02 sensors where deleted from frost about 2 weeks ago, mechanic said it was the mass air flow, or the oil hasnt been changed in a long time, or 02 sensors, well i change my oil every 2500 mile (royal purple with a wix filter), and have no 02 sensors, so only thing left. I cleaned it last nite seem to fix it and it had a shit load more throttle response much quicker, must have been dirty.
    You have (2) front O2 sensors still. The ones you are thinking of that were removed are the (2) rear O2 sensors. The rear (2) monitor your cats and have no bearing on how the engine runs. The front (2) are the ones that tell the PCM how much fuel to add/remove and can make your car run like shit if bad.

white
    2000 Transam

Can anyone tell me the location of the maf and anything I need to know before I try and clean it. I purchased some CRC maf cleaner. When I open the air filter cover and look back toward the engine I see what looks like a screen, where is the maf in relation to this. This is a 2000 model Transam. Hope this question dose not sound to dumb.

Red
    2001 ws6

your maf is inbetween your lid and throttle body

white
    2000 Transam

what does the maf look like when it is removed, and do you have to remove it to clean it.

Black

it looked clean, but i cleaned it anyway. End up being both front o2 sensors

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by mytuneport View Post
    what does the maf look like when it is removed, and do you have to remove it to clean it.
    i would and when its out it has a rounded center with a screen

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mytuneport View Post

Yes, you have to remove the MAF to clean it.

MAF:

MAF cleaner:

white
    2000 Transam

Ok, thanks a bunch for the info, I will get on this and see what happens.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I use that on my cars along with throttle body cleaner every oil change. Now my car only goes out on cruise days and meets usually and I'll take it for an occasional ride if it's a nice night so I only change the oil every 4 months. I usually clean the air filters every 2 since the cutout hood gets those Volants dirty every couple trips and it keeps your car running in top shape.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    1993 firebird transam

What happened to the good ole days where u could pull 400 horses with a carb lol.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 93ta57 View Post
    What happened to the good ole days where u could pull 400 horses with a carb lol.
    Fuel injection has been around since the 1930's..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 93ta57 View Post
    You can still pull 400hp with a carb, I know a few people who have used LS engines in 3 gens and used carbs since they could do the install themself.

Red
    1993 firebird transam

Love it!!!

Thread Information