Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here we go again... Blackbird GMMG

This is a discussion on Here we go again... Blackbird GMMG within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by nhraformula trans ams start off as formulas then have the big wing added on oo i wasnt ...

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    trans ams start off as formulas then have the big wing added on
    oo i wasnt aware that the trans am had a "big wing" i just thought of it as not being flat and looking like it was a lip of the trunk

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

thats o.k, trans am= riced out formula

Everytime you say this I laugh...

And I have to agree though. EXACT reason I love the Formula so much.

This "special edition" doesn't seem very special... wheels are ugly, psuedo-CETA modded rear bumper looks like ass, and what kind of "fully loaded" car has cloth?

I bet if they'd just left it alone it'd be worth more.

Everyone wants to think they have the next Baldwin-Motion or Yenko car.

black trans am

what ???? ok this guy needs shot dude dont be mad cus u have a base line firebird with a v8 ... when u drive down the road how meany corvetts trun ther heads because they have something in common ... ZERO for u they all think ur in a v6 .... a trans am is a firebird as well as a formula ... if any thing ur the wanna be of the trans am with ur roll up windos and plane ass end ugly seets and all that good stuff my... just had to put it out ther and that year one car is pritty gay imp

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    what ???? ok this guy needs shot dude dont be mad cus u have a base line firebird with a v8 ... when u drive down the road how meany corvetts trun ther heads because they have something in common ... ZERO for u they all think ur in a v6 .... a trans am is a firebird as well as a formula ... if any thing ur the wanna be of the trans am with ur roll up windos and plane ass end ugly seets and all that good stuff my... just had to put it out ther and that year one car is pritty gay imp
    ????? ever take english class?

from what i can understand ill answer this,
    i didnt want my car to stick out like a sore thumb.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

????? ever take english class?

from what i can understand ill answer this,
    i didnt want my car to stick out like a sore thumb.
    EXACTLY.

I love my Formula for just the reasons he said...I guess it's a matter of preference. IMO, the T/A's front and rear bumpers are ugly, and the batmobile wing is just too much. It looks like the car has a popped collar.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the T/A's, but Ij ust prefer the cleaner lines of the Formula.

Think about it....the T/A is basically a Formula with a body kit. The Formula is all go without all the show. I LIKE that people might think it's V6. Ever hear of a "sleeper"?

And my Formula has everything a T/A has... leather, power seat, power windows, doors, mirrors, cruise , etc. Actually, I wish it DID have manual windows, because the power ones on these cars suck.

Sunset Orange Metallic-M6
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

is it possible to buy a blackbird intake lid? i like the look of them

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    EXACTLY.

I love my Formula for just the reasons he said...I guess it's a matter of preference. IMO, the T/A's front and rear bumpers are ugly, and the batmobile wing is just too much. It looks like the car has a popped collar.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the T/A's, but Ij ust prefer the cleaner lines of the Formula.

Think about it....the T/A is basically a Formula with a body kit. The Formula is all go without all the show. I LIKE that people might think it's V6. Ever hear of a "sleeper"?

And my Formula has everything a T/A has... leather, power seat, power windows, doors, mirrors, cruise , etc. Actually, I wish it DID have manual windows, because the power ones on these cars suck.

The T/A is NOT a Formula with a body kit. The T/A has far more heritage backing it than a Formula. It's a trim level (upgrade) better than a standard Firebird/Formula. Thats why T/A's cost more from the factory.

Formula with a body kit? I don't think so. Except for the few "die hard" Formy owners, I think most people agree that the T/A looks far better than a Formula. That's why GM sold far more T/A's. It has much smoother lines and the spoiler/wing follows those lines. The front of a T/A is so agressive that it gives the car personality. There is just nothing like it and thats why the 4th gen (98+) will be a coveted car in the years to come.

I think Formula's are sweet cars and definately have their place in the "cool car category" but calling a T/A a "Riced Out Formula" is just over the top. Like you said, "it a matter of preference" but the truth is, most prefer the T/A. Thats just the way it is.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    The T/A is NOT a Formula with a body kit. The T/A has far more heritage backing it than a Formula. It's a trim level (upgrade) better than a standard Firebird/Formula. Thats why T/A's cost more from the factory.

Formula with a body kit? I don't think so. Except for the few "die hard" Formy owners, I think most people agree that the T/A looks far better than a Formula. That's why GM sold far more T/A's. It has much smoother lines and the spoiler/wing follows those lines. The front of a T/A is so agressive that it gives the car personality. There is just nothing like it and thats why the 4th gen (98+) will be a coveted car in the years to come.

I think Formula's are sweet cars and definately have their place in the "cool car category" but calling a T/A a "Riced Out Formula" is just over the top. Like you said, "it a matter of preference" but the truth is, most prefer the T/A. Thats just the way it is.

i totally agree that its all about preference.
    while the T/A may look better to some people than others, how can a person say it isnt a formula plus the body kit?
    T/As start off as firebirds and have the body kit or whatever you want to call it added on.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post

Not trying to get into an argument, fact is I like them both. I just prefer the low key Fomula styling.

I just want to add that as far as heritage, the T/A package dates back to '69. Ironically enough, the car wasn't even eligible to compete in the series it was named after because the engine violated maximum displacment rules.

The Formula was introduced a year later in 1970 with the intro of the 2nd gens. You could get the Formula with the SD455, which I believe is one of the rarest 'Birds ever made.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

i totally agree that its all about preference.
    while the T/A may look better to some people than others, how can a person say it isnt a formula plus the body kit?
    T/As start off as firebirds and have the body kit or whatever you want to call it added on.
    That's like saying that your Formula started life as a Camaro and had the Firebird body kit added on from the factory.

For one thing, most body kits are usually aftermarket. Most of them include some type of front air dam and side/rear skirt. Basically ground effects. Yes, some of the more elaborate kits that come with a front fascia, wing and so on but for the most part they are not facory parts.

The T/A might start life as a formula, which is basically a V8 firebird but the T/A has always been the flag ship vehicle, and was intended to be by Pontiac. It was not an after thought when the Formula was released.

The T/A is just a "upgraded" trim level. T/A's are all Formula's with this added trim level. The Formula production code is WS9, correct? My T/A has WS9 on the door sticker. So...I have a Formula thats upgraded to the T/A trim level.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Not trying to get into an argument, fact is I like them both. I just prefer the low key Fomula styling.

I just want to add that as far as heritage, the T/A package dates back to '69. Ironically enough, the car wasn't even eligible to compete in the series it was named after because the engine violated maximum displacment rules.

The Formula was introduced a year later in 1970 with the intro of the 2nd gens. You could get the Formula with the SD455, which I believe is one of the rarest 'Birds ever made.
    This is not an argument, merely a discussion. When I said heritage, I was talking more along the lines of noriety, popularity and what most people think when they see that Phoinex on a hood or emblem. Most people think T/A even when their looking at a Formula. To us enthusiasts , we know the obvious differences but most others don't.

A Formula is "low key" next to a T/A but not that low key when compared to other cars. Still, Formy's are way cool and I would never bash their exsistance. I just think the T/A (Opinion), is a much better looking car.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

ahahhaha , well i guess not everyone can be smart

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

dont be mad because you have a formula and not a trans am,....... we need dome tissues in here

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    dont be mad because you have a formula and not a trans am,....... we need dome tissues in here

Why does every T/A driver think Formula owners are jealous?

I wanted a Formula...I looked specifically for one. I saw way more T/A's for sale, but I passed them by becasue they weren't what I wanted.

Ask just about any Formula owner, they'll tell you the same thing.

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont understand, how can you think the UGLY front bumper of a formula looks better than the trim on a TA? how can u say the spoiler on the TA is riced out? makes no sense

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i dont understand, how can you think the UGLY front bumper of a formula looks better than the trim on a TA? how can u say the spoiler on the TA is riced out? makes no sense
    Same reason you just said the Formula bumper is ugly. To each his own.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

T/A > Formula. Just my opinion and as we all know, opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one! It's funny because I absolutely live Trans Am's, but given the choice between a Camaro and Formula I'd take the Camaro. Formula's are so plain to me and lack the character of the T/A. I think a Firebird's lines were truely meant to be based off of the Trans Am. Why else would their production numbers vastly outweigh the Formula's? Also, Formula's are typically stripped down when compared to T/A's. For example, LT1 Formula's had no foglights while you can't buy any T/A without foglights. Also, all LS1 T/A's have leather and Formula's have cloth and have to get leather as an option.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

Yes.
    bunch of them

Nothing new there, but then, Carl Black Pontiac is in my Hometown, NW of Atlanta. I originally thought the " '02 WS6 Formula " was a novel idea, but after some time, all the GMMG cars are Blah to me. It was a desecrate to the '98-00 WS6 Formys, IMO. Bolt on queens, and Carl Black capitalized on the interest. Add Year One to it( Stone Mtn, GA) and you get a double dose of bullshit.
    2002 WS6 M6 454 LSx
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    2000 WS6 M6->A4
    2004 Silverado SS
    2004 GTO A4
    2002 Grand Prix GTP sdn
    2006 Envoy Denali
    1999 GMC Slonoma
    1999 "Project LS10"
    1996 Impala SS
    www.panamacitylsx.com

Yes.
    bunch of them

And ya'll quit yer bitchin', They're all Firebirds at the end of the day, buy what you like.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by tav8ws6 View Post
    is it possible to buy a blackbird intake lid? i like the look of them
    yep 300 plus on ebay all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information