here come the problems

This is a discussion on here come the problems within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok the other day i was on my way back to my house after picking up my son from school, ...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

here come the problems

ok the other day i was on my way back to my house after picking up my son from school, i noticed my fuel economy went down really bad, because i usually dont burn that much fuel when i go pick him up. well i was at a red light and i did a slow take off, well when my car went to shit into third gear,(A4) it started to sputter, like it was getting too much fuel, then it shifted. well i was like maybe i will go away when i get on the expressway. well i got on the expressway, opened up my cut out, and floored it. tons of black smoke came out. well i closed the cut out and floored it again and still the same thing. i got home and washed my car, and while i was washing it, i noticed that i had alot of carbon build up on my bumper. i cleaned it all off, and started thinking about what might be wrong. and thought it could be a 02 sensor, or my injectors might be clogged. i then took it for a ride to bring my parents house, and on my way back my SES light started blinking. i got really worried. i got home, and was scared to drive it again. well today i cleaned my MAF and disconnected the battery for like an hour, put everything back together, and it worked perfectly for a little while. then it started with the same problems. i just dont know what else to do. the only thing thats not plugged up are the tubes going from the smog pump to the exhaust manifolds, i deleted the EGR, because i put long tube headers on and did the free ram air mod. i also have a K&n filter, y pipe and a cut out, and also i have no cats. my next modification was gonna be installing 3:73 gears on it, then i was gonna do a computer burn, but that looks like its out the question. any ideas or suggestions please post. i need all the help i can get. oh also im gonna go see what codes im throwing tomm.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Other than the black somke, my car would sputter and bogg down and start blinking when it rained.and on my search i found a thread where it would run like crap because the pcm was getting wet.And i checked my connections going to the bulkhead and there was like water stains and it was moist.Now i put a crap load of dieolectrec(spell check bad)grease and a peice of plastic(from the ram air mod) on top of the connections and i driven in heavy rain and nothing yet.

im not sure if the connections getting wet had anything to do with it but,its polly something to look into.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

i found the problem, one of my vacuum hoses on the back of the engine are busted.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

do you know what vaccum hose, or where it went to. bc i think i too have bad MPG

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmFanatic View Post
    i found the problem, one of my vacuum hoses on the back of the engine are busted.
    glad you found the problem! your lucky you were able to find it.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

its the two hoses on the back of the engine that connect into one.

NBM
    98 trans am

good job on finding the problem

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

well still just got one more little problem, yes i found the friggen problem, but i just cant find the part to fix it. one solution is to find a Y connector for the hoses to connect together(haven't had much luck finding one yet) also i can use a T connector, but i cant find one thats the same shape all the way around. i went to the local gm dealer today, and the guy pulled the engine diagram up, and i pointed the part out to him, and he says that he might have one in stock, i was like great. so he goes to check and see if the part is there, and he comes back with the whole vacuum hose assembly. i was like WTF he said that this was an updated system, because the part that i had was made out of rubber, the part he had had a plastic Y connector on it. i was like can u just sell me the y connector, and of course he said no, so i asked him how much for the whole assembly. he said $102 and i was like just for a bunch of hoses and connectors, so i told him i can get it rite now so hold it for me...if any of yall out there know what im taking about, and know where i can get a replacement part for cheap, please let me know.

red/black
    02 WS6/96 VR4/07 ZX10R

if you can get the part # I'll check with my parts dept. and find out what the cost is. Shipping for me is free on small stuff so just let me know!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I dont know what the hose looks like but I have a crapton of them left after the !AIR.
    BTW i have the wierd problem when it rains so Im gonna waterproof my PCM..

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I dont know what the hose looks like but I have a crapton of them left after the !AIR.
    BTW i have the wierd problem when it rains so Im gonna waterproof my PCM..

you might want to check and see if water leaks into your engine bay by the computer.

Thread Information