Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help with purchasing a Trans AM

This is a discussion on Help with purchasing a Trans AM within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey, I'm new here in the T/A world. I just bought a 2000 WS6 w/ 60k miles, for 13G. Anyone ...

black
    2005 gto

Hey, I'm new here in the T/A world. I just bought a 2000 WS6 w/ 60k miles, for 13G. Anyone think that was a good deal? It's a 6 speed w/ the monsoon stereo, only thing it doesnt have is Traction Control (wish it did =/ ), and there is a minor scrape to the right rear fender and a scratch that was touched up on the hood (both drive aways in a parking lot). Overall it runs great, good tires on it too with warrantys. I got it from a guy who takes care of his cars, only thing is there is a small pinging when idling, almost sounds like the cat is rattling, he said that is normal. Any ideas? Anyone thing it was a good (or bad) deal?

black
    1999 Trans Am

I think a lot of you guys are looking to pay too much, i just got mine for 16K with 23,400 miles....although 3months after having it i had to put a new fuel pump in it for 1k still 17k for a 99 with low mileage

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

ok. im seriously considering buying a M6 trans am in perhaps the next 6 months or so. after riding in my friends 99 T/A w/ a ram air hood i forgot all about camaros. haha and they look SO much better.he said something about when he got his hood put on it wasnt a GM hood because it was too expensive but the hood he has supposedly looks better because the GM hood has like a little gap b/w the hood and frame or something. whats that all about? he also showed me how his air filter was lifted up and like a peice took off of the hood so the air is ramed directly into the engine, and something about exaust? he claims to be pushing 360bhp. thats my kinda car, just not my color and its automatic...although i can drive a stick decent, im sure if i had one in my own car id get good at it fast, and they're so much cooler and when i see a stick in a fast car i have alot more respect for the driver, ya know? ah, out of breath now. so what do yall think?

so i guess what i really am trying to say is, what kind of things would I start putting on my T/A when i get it? (try to put it into easy terms, im not too car knowlageable...YET) thanks!

black
    2005 gto

Well nevermind on my car, hydroplanned into a gaurd rail, did a few 360s and hit another wall on the oncoming lane. Not a good night. Don't know if its going to be totalled or not yet.... probably not even worth trying to fix =/. Looks like I got to find a new one... Some bad luck... =/

flat black
    360bhp (brake horsepower) brake horsepower is defined as horsepower at the crank w/ accessories(alternator,power steering pump ac.....all parasytic components attached)....all ls1's make approx 350bhp +/- 3% do to manufacturing tolerances and stack up....so its very possible to get a 360bhp engine off the assembly line

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by porterusaf
    Well nevermind on my car, hydroplanned into a gaurd rail, did a few 360s and hit another wall on the oncoming lane. Not a good night. Don't know if its going to be totalled or not yet.... probably not even worth trying to fix =/. Looks like I got to find a new one... Some bad luck... =/
    That sucks dude..glad you're ok. F-bodies aren't just your normal everday car...they drive different and have a lot of power, and that rear will come around on you in a heartbeat if you don't learn to control her. If you get a new one..take it easy until you get used to it, especially in bad enough weather to hydroplane.

srhodes
    who

Metallic Pewter
    99 Pontiac Firebird TA

Paid 12,900 for mine. Only 42,000 miles on it. Most I have seen that were in the shape mine is were in the upper teens.

99PontTA
    we paid 15000 for a 99ta 28 k one owner..two years ago.....bank said it was worth 19500 at the time.But it needed alot of repairs...lots of hidden problems from sitting and not being driven much over 5 years the 1st owner had it.So in the end it cost us 19+ anyway...still works good though...nice to drive....sexy....hot....OMFG i GOTTA DRIVE SEXY BITCH RAT NAW!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information