Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help prz ; ; Trans Am down

This is a discussion on Help prz ; ; Trans Am down within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Draik Atm the insurance people are saying going to Bonanders in Pontiac is alright, and she should ...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    Atm the insurance people are saying going to Bonanders in Pontiac is alright, and she should be departing to there real soon ^.^ I just hope they'll treat her good and do her the best, she has 120k miles and before the wreck no one ever believed me
    my 95 had 111k on it....never had a scratch on it.....till that damn curb ran out in front of me

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Yep Trans Am GTA, had a 4000 Stall torque converter(iirc, it use to b a drag car, till the torque converter snapped on the fly wheel) now has a pos torque converter that is for low RPM() , 266k miles on her she was my first, a.k.a. tank, and i am tryin to look around was wondering if a GM dealership would do all the work from body to paint to leaks
    I ran into the problem of my Ttops leaking and my GM dealership wouldn't fix it only water test it. Most dealerships haven't worked on repairing cars with Ttops in a good 5-7 years cause they're just not that popular so hopefully you will have better luck than I did.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

oh i meant leaks as in she hit me hard enough to cause either my transmission or engine or maby both to leak, cuz the leak is dripping down from where the front of tranny meats the back of the block

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

There is no way you should settle for a firebird spoiler. That is not the way the car came and not the way to put it back. If they try to pull that crap start talking lawyer. They have to put it back the way it came from factory....period!!!!!!

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

thats what i am doing and the conclusion for the moment; She is going to Turlock's Pontiac Bonanders, New driver side quarter panel, passenger quarter panel is getting repaired, bumper is getting replaced, door panel is being reglued on, the hatch is being repaired, spoiler is going to b remounted(woots keeping my taws6 spoiler), everything is getting touched up and clear-coated, the leaks are goin to be determined then fixed, body lines are spose to b realigned, front bumper getting remounted, and anything else the insurance guy(he was nice to me unlike other agents and wasn't acting it out he understood f-bodies and loves em, and seemed quite happy to write the check to start off the work) and i could not find are going to fixed and paid for by All-State. So all in all i am quite happy knowing she shall be restored to her glory

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

and everything being replaced is going to be OEM not AM

White
    2001 RS Camaro

and everything being replaced is going to be OEM not AM
    Just pray that the impact didn't cause your firewall to leak........tragedy is in your future if it did. But all you can do is hope for the best. As they say, the waiting game begins.....

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

XD i love the waiting game, as i get my nuse rdy

White
    2001 RS Camaro

XD i love the waiting game, as i get my nuse rdy

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Well they picked her up yesterday, but they are taking her to Courtesy Cadillac in merced, i looked em up and they seemed nice and willing to do the work, n i did a lil research and a lot of people said good about them, tomorrow i am going down there to tell em exactly what happened and what needs/may need to b replaced

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Well they picked her up yesterday, but they are taking her to Courtesy Cadillac in merced, i looked em up and they seemed nice and willing to do the work, n i did a lil research and a lot of people said good about them, tomorrow i am going down there to tell em exactly what happened and what needs/may need to b replaced
    Lets hope they don't wreck your bird like they did to one guy on here. Some tech took it out to "test drive" it and screwed around in it and totaled his car.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

XD i fear for that now, and if it does, Hammers and flood lights

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Well i found a pic of before the crash without the bra on, and this is how she normally is, later in life when i got sum money go with some nicer rims instead of "spook" rims, but luckily there is no chance in hell u will c her with the floaters(spinners) on

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Well, its been a while since i last posted, but the dealership told me that she should be ready by this Friday (3/26/10), she got painted from the doors to the back, 1 whole new Quarter panel (the 1 that got hit), other quarter panel got repaired (this 1 just had minor damage), whole new OEM bumper, doors reseated, body got realigned, Hatch got repaired and reseated. Now i am just waiting for her to pass the alignment test and the paint to harden. I miss her, and I cant wait to return the rental... a fucking KIA, sure its nice to have something to drive, but the drive is... different... half the cylinders and 1/4 the horsepower and torque. I Miss My Baby, and I hope she will forgive me and will still trust me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information