Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help me out, What is this?

This is a discussion on Help me out, What is this? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag That airbox looks like it's from an LT1 WS6. What's it doing on an LS1? SUSPICIOUS ...

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    That airbox looks like it's from an LT1 WS6. What's it doing on an LS1?

SUSPICIOUS
    thats cause its a fako there is a company that sells it with the purchase of the fako hood not sure who but i saw it one time maybe Suncoast

Red
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

My WS6 emblem started falling off when I was washing my car over the summer. I just ripped it off. It is better to have extra power and not show it. I wish I could make people think it is a V6, but it is way to loud with the mods. I saw the most rediculous formula sticker on an old V6 f-body over the weekend, it made me smile.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Racquetballryan View Post
    ws6 code? to make me feel like I didn't lose any money...or buy a bad car. Lets not use the term "fake"...but more so "replica"
    Yea, look at the drivers side door, there will be a couple stickers on it and one of them has a bunch of RPO codes, if it says WS6...then its real..and not a "replica" Not even to know if you got ripped off, just so you know what you really have.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

If it doesn't have the WS6 code on the RPO code sticker, ..., It's a fake. No squirmin' around it. Face it, it's fake.

Clone, Replica, whatever, ..., it's still a fake. Don't make it to be something it's not. That's why some people who build their own fake one, use the WS7 emblems instead of the WS6.

in all honesty, I don't see why being "fake" matters, and people put up ws7 badges. It is the same thing, I had a 4 banger 89 fox, and I put the 5.0 in it, not one called it a fake, they accepted it as a 5.0. So now does anyone care to explain to me why everyone is all about some fakes, replicas, fakos and all of this? Lets set the price aside...

blue
    1999 pontiac Trans AM

the air box is for a raptor hood I used to have one good air box and the car should have the G.M. code WS6 if not then the shocks are stockers

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

in all honesty, I don't see why being "fake" matters, and people put up ws7 badges. It is the same thing, I had a 4 banger 89 fox, and I put the 5.0 in it, not one called it a fake, they accepted it as a 5.0. So now does anyone care to explain to me why everyone is all about some fakes, replicas, fakos and all of this? Lets set the price aside...
    It doesnt matter but you asked us our opinion on if its a true WS6 or not..we told you what to look for. Its up to you to do it, kinda like telling your kid hes an accident...you know you should, but sometimes its better just to leave it alone

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Lets set the price aside...
    No, because it's also about value.

If there's two identical cars sitting on a lot for sale, ...
    One is a true GM RPO code WS6, & One is a 'fake' with an aftermarket hood & badges, ..., The higher value is placed on the original equipment option car. Fact.

If you found a true 1969 RS/SS, would you pay more money for the original, or the 1969 6-banger car that was cloned into an SS?!?

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

It looks FAKE..it sit too tall, wrong wheels, nos WS6 badge on the rear,RAM AIR logos too far back on the hood!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ick..hope you got the price down...otherwise your just got in the same deal i got: overpaid for a high mileage car. The worst lesson i learned from my ws.666 purchase was "their's always a better deal" and my dumb ass never actually looked around for one. I just bought the first one i saw b/c i thought they were super rare...life lesson #2.

anyway, now that everyone has taken their shot, CONGRADULATIONS on your new toy! an LS1 is an Ls1. Now get to moddin' and don't leave any bushing un-altered or bearing unlubed.

lookin for a ws6

You can always call it a ws6 tribute car. That is what some of the shelby cobra guys call their replicas.

black
    2002 WS6

To me I really don't care that much about the whole WS6 issue, just be honest about it. No one really knows what they are where I am from, or they don't drive them. There are lots of birds in town and most of them stay "caged" all year. To give you an idea I was asked at a show and shine by some yahoo "kids" who would probably think that the "Fast and funny" was real, if my 02 WS6 TA was ALL WHEEL DRIVE, I nearly called him a moron in a not so polite way.

If you have a WS6 good for ya, if not so what you still have a LS1 and great platform that will stand the test of time and not be lost in the archive recycling bin. If you bought it drive it, just look after it.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Nicely said.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

black
    2002 WS6

thank you

Thanks everyone, I didn't mean to set off anyones temper. Although thanks for the support from some of you. For a while I forgot that I was buying this car for a daily driver, and save all of my money to mod up my 5.0. So I whatever I have is fine for the daily driver, because its drivable. Although I'm sure I'll mod it up a bit too :-)

silver
    2000 formula ws6

get vin # and go to ur local gm dealer and they will get u the rpo codes and what they all are

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Dont worry..when I was looking I was NOT looking for a WS6. For mod reasons.
    1. The exhaust would go out for true dual
    2. Suspension would change

So i dont see any reason for spending more cash for parts that will be removed.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

not fooling any of us... it's definitly the flinstone mobile with ws6 badges...

who cares... it looks DAMN NICE... it probably drives great...

Black on Black
    2001 WS6

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for the Trans Am, the VIN# doesn't distinguish if it is a WS6, I have compared numerous VIN's and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Saving your money to mod up a 5.0? I say do it the other way around. Mod up the LS1 and blow everything off the road. Drive the mushstank til it falls in the dirt, which probably won't be long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information