Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35

This is a discussion on Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I think it GREATLY depends on age.... At 30 years old now, I feel like the G35 would probably be ...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I think it GREATLY depends on age....

At 30 years old now, I feel like the G35 would probably be the better purchase. Still plenty fun to drive, but more 'sophisticated' if you will.
    The T/A is more for the younger guy looking to haul ass without many refinements inside the car.

Neither of which is a bad thing.

dark blue
    2000 pontiac trans am ws6

ya it depends on age, if ur like 30+ i'd get a g35 hands down, but if your a young adult, TA all the way!

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Just to throw another wrench into this one, how about a new Camaro over a G35? It's a fine looking car. I think GM hit the mark on that one. Probably get a loaded SS for less than a G35...and it even has heated seats.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am & 2000 C5

These blips about age (30+) is bunk. I'm past that age, but would never spend much on a foreign make. Cadillac was TOO comfortable, even for me. I have the TA and a vette, and the TA is a great ride. I drive it 6 to 8 hours a day, and have put 50k on it in the last year. Tires is all I needed, but I replaced the battery, plugs and wires.

The Chinese know about class! They were very interested in GM. All of the people on this board should remember that it's not where the car is built, it's where the PROFIT goes. American Nissan factories employ Americans, but they don't go into business to employ people, so it's all about where the profit goes.
    Looks, power, and dang, how long do these cars last?

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    Just to throw another wrench into this one, how about a new Camaro over a G35? It's a fine looking car. I think GM hit the mark on that one. Probably get a loaded SS for less than a G35...and it even has heated seats.
    If I could get a new camaro ss it I would buy it in a heartbeart I love those things

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    how about a new Camaro over a G35?
    G35 hands down.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    G35 hands down.
    No way...

LS3/TR6060 > VQ V6/Crappy Nissan trans.

Theres no comparison. Only thing the G has going for it is a nicer interior. Other than that, the '10 Camaro SS beats it hands down in every category.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    No way...

LS3/TR6060 > VQ V6/Crappy Nissan trans.

Theres no comparison. Only thing the G has going for it is a nicer interior. Other than that, the '10 Camaro SS beats it hands down in every category.
    How about not supporting Government motors, the G has that over the camaro. Not having your every moved tracked by a black box like all GM cars do. Adn whats up with the new SS having rim weights on the calipers. GM better have a good excuse for that. GM has made my favorite cars as logn as i can remember and i am truely sad that they are now controlled by the government. As much as i dislike fords they are the only big american company that didnt pussy out
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    How about not supporting Government motors, the G has that over the camaro.
    Last I checked we lived in the United States, which is the government that owns the majority of General Motors. Supporting GM and the US government is better than supporting Japan any day of the week.

Not having your every moved tracked by a black box like all GM cars do.
    Actually, Mr. conspiracy theory, GM vehicles don't have black boxes that "track your every move". That would be Nissan, which logs when you turn on launch control on the GTR so they can void your warranty when your trans blows up. All at a cost to the owner of $20,000. Now thats a quality company to buy a car from

Adn whats up with the new SS having rim weights on the calipers. GM better have a good excuse for that.
    Those were early build cars that had the weights on the calipers. The regular production cars do not have those, therefore they owe you no explaination.

GM has made my favorite cars as logn as i can remember and i am truely sad that they are now controlled by the government. As much as i dislike fords they are the only big american company that didnt pussy out
    GM was supported and 70% controlled by the government, this morning they announced they are filing for bankruptcy protection. That means they will probably "go bankrupt", shed a lot of debt (stupid unions) and come back stronger to pay off their loans to the government. GM builds competitive cars, but they couldn't survive with the costs of their overhead.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Last I checked we lived in the United States, which is the government that owns the majority of General Motors. Supporting GM and the US government is better than supporting Japan any day of the week.

Actually, Mr. conspiracy theory, GM vehicles don't have black boxes that "track your every move". That would be Nissan, which logs when you turn on launch control on the GTR so they can void your warranty when your trans blows up. All at a cost to the owner of $20,000. Now thats a quality company to buy a car from

Those were early build cars that had the weights on the calipers. The regular production cars do not have those, therefore they owe you no explaination.

GM was supported and 70% controlled by the government, this morning they announced they are filing for bankruptcy protection. That means they will probably "go bankrupt", shed a lot of debt (stupid unions) and come back stronger to pay off their loans to the government. GM builds competitive cars, but they couldn't survive with the costs of their overhead.
    The GM black box can tell whoever can access what you have been doing and how you have been driving the car for the past 45 days. The means warrenty claims can be made and when its wired in with onstar like all GMs with onstar are now they can even shut your car off if needed. I dont want my car to get shut off any other way than with my key.

A used g35 wont void the warrenty if the tranny breaks. Family member have had a couple replaced as have soem friedns with 350zs under warrenty.

As for the weights on calipers if they arent in production cars than why is there threads on websites from owners asking why are they weights on my calipers.

black
    99 trans am ws6 ram air

work for infiniti drive a ta enough said?

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by chuckunit69 View Post
    work for infiniti drive a ta enough said?
    haha

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So has the op made up his damn mind yet?

purple(sold)
    1994 firebird formula

Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    CTS-V... best of both worlds
    ha hell yea. it ran 163mhp on the salt flats. bad ass caddy

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Ok i was at a ricer event last night. Some seriously fast imports there and only 3 american made rockets. a 2003 terminator a trailblazer SS and my hawk. there was a g35 with custom paint sitting in the same row. It felt like there were a lot of people congregating around the termi and my hawk, parked side by side. You don't see TA's everywhere i see G35s on nearly every block here in NY. For me the choice is obvious. Get a TA. but do it right. Go for a WS6 or a Hawk. WS6's are highly sought by buyers but Hawks are the rarest of the breed and even people who think they know TA's are caught off guard by the Hawk. and if you need any more help deciding.... i leave you this

BRIGHT RED
    2001 FIREHAWK T/A

G35 is a nice car for a hot chick, but if you want a real car take the T/A hands down. The G35 is slow. I've watched even mildly modified ones run at the track and was far from impressed by the $40,000 times. Can't beat the sound of a V8 firebird or camaro.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Trans am.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

ok I'm new here....I just bought a 99 T/A 6spd. My other car is a 03 G-35 6spd sport package. Now I must say the T/A is a a lot quicker off the line. But 3rd gear pulls are very close with the T/A just a bit quicker. Curves on the other hand, stock for stock the G will walk the T/A all day long. The handling and the braking of the G are in a different catorgory. But I can say as of right now, I do drive the T/A a lot more lol. Both cars get a lot of attention. Don't count the G out tho...I still love the sound of a VQ engine. And to the guy that threw the pic up of a T/A doing a burnout an saying he would like to see a G do it. Dude man....the T/A was in a burn out box where they hose down the area with water. I can do a burn out while running in place like that lol. Anyways like I said, I'm new so what do I know right.

If anyone lives in South Carolina, I'll be at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw racing a fully stroked, turbo 350z for Momentum Performance of N. Carolina. http://www.momentumperformance.com/

I don't work for them, but I applied to test thier new turbo kit of the VQ motor and was chosen to race. Anyways if anyone lives close to the area, come on out! It's this weekend July 11th and 12th. I'll be testing 3 cars all day on both days
    Last edited by allmtrracin; 07-09-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by allmtrracin View Post
    ok I'm new here....I just bought a 99 T/A 6spd. My other car is a 03 G-35 6spd sport package. Now I must say the T/A is a a lot quicker off the line. But 3rd gear pulls are very close with the T/A just a bit quicker. Curves on the other hand, stock for stock the G will walk the T/A all day long. The handling and the braking of the G are in a different catorgory. But I can say as of right now, I do drive the T/A a lot more lol. Both cars get a lot of attention. Don't count the G out tho...I still love the sound of a VQ engine. And to the guy that threw the pic up of a T/A doing a burnout an saying he would like to see a G do it. Dude man....the T/A was in a burn out box where they hose down the area with water. I can do a burn out while running in place like that lol. Anyways like I said, I'm new so what do I know right.

If anyone lives in South Carolina, I'll be at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw racing a fully stroked, turbo 350z for Momentum Performance of N. Carolina. http://www.momentumperformance.com/

I don't work for them, but I applied to test thier new turbo kit of the VQ motor and was chosen to race. Anyways if anyone lives close to the area, come on out! It's this weekend July 11th and 12th. I'll be testing 3 cars all day on both days
    Maybe i'm different, but i'm sorry I think the G's and Z's sound like complete ass. I know opinions vary, but theres something about the sound of that engine that makes me cringe. Maybe it's just the stock exhaust cause I haven't heard an aftermarket one, but it's definatly not for me

black
    99 trans am ws6 ram air

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Maybe i'm different, but i'm sorry I think the G's and Z's sound like complete ass. I know opinions vary, but theres something about the sound of that engine that makes me cringe. Maybe it's just the stock exhaust cause I haven't heard an aftermarket one, but it's definatly not for me
    the aftermarkets are hit or miss on the g35s, the g37s have a throatier tone too them but you will still never get the sound of american muscle out of it

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information