Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35

This is a discussion on Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You guys are all slow, he never asked which is a better performance car. He asked which is better to ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

You guys are all slow, he never asked which is a better performance car. He asked which is better to get. If its your DD then get the g35 if its a fun weekend nice day car T/A all the way.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

no, he didn't ask which is a better performance car. he asked which is more PRATICAL.

both are going to be rear wheel drive and have close to the same ride height. If the weather has gotten bad enough, even the traction controls on the G35 aren't going to help. which seems to be your complaint with not going with the T/A.

And if he wasn't concerned with one being a better performance car, he wouldn't be looking at either of these cars IMO. I still say the T/A makes for a better car to have. again, everyone has there opinions.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    no, he didn't ask which is a better performance car. he asked which is more PRATICAL.

both are going to be rear wheel drive and have close to the same ride height. If the weather has gotten bad enough, even the traction controls on the G35 aren't going to help. which seems to be your complaint with not going with the T/A.

And if he wasn't concerned with one being a better performance car, he wouldn't be looking at either of these cars IMO. I still say the T/A makes for a better car to have. again, everyone has there opinions.
    G35 sedan has way more room than the T/A, the coupe has just a little but still more. T/A ride height-4.5inches, g35-6.3inches. I have driven f-bodys, g35s, and 350zs in the snow and even the 350z is better than a f-body in the snow. The g35 is better for bad weather, its more comfy, ride is much nicer thanks to irs amoung other things. And nissans/infiniti has VDC not TCS. VDC was designed for snow driving it actually helps unlike the TCS that just limits you.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-20-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Black
    1999 Formula

if u need to be convinced then u shouldnt get an ls1

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout99 View Post
    if u need to be convinced then u shouldnt get an ls1
    Exactly......

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Hey man I was just in the same boat as you. I had an iroc-z and crashed it a year ago and as soon as we confirmed she had passed I started saving for the ls1 ss... Everybody around me was saying its 9 yrs old blah blah! U can get a new car with that money.. Blah blah and I even went to dealerships to get some knowledge.. Nd I decided fuck the bullshit and I was gonna get what I reallllly wanted and I did and I'm glad I did... I OWN a 2001 camaro ss with 62k miles for only 9 grand. All mine.. Turns heads everywhere. And I got a POS bmw 325i as a dd with 160k miles goin strong.. Trust me bro u will regret not going with ur heart everytime u see a TA... Just buy that shit and save up sum chump change for a beater.. Plan. And do it... Just be patient and be smart.. Make sure ur not over paying.. Wooh! All that on my black berry! I'm at werk haha

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

get a t/a asswipe

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    get a t/a asswipe
    Chill

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by Maro SS View Post
    Hey man I was just in the same boat as you. I had an iroc-z and crashed it a year ago and as soon as we confirmed she had passed I started saving for the ls1 ss... Everybody around me was saying its 9 yrs old blah blah! U can get a new car with that money.. Blah blah and I even went to dealerships to get some knowledge.. Nd I decided fuck the bullshit and I was gonna get what I reallllly wanted and I did and I'm glad I did... I OWN a 2001 camaro ss with 62k miles for only 9 grand. All mine.. Turns heads everywhere. And I got a POS bmw 325i as a dd with 160k miles goin strong.. Trust me bro u will regret not going with ur heart everytime u see a TA... Just buy that shit and save up sum chump change for a beater.. Plan. And do it... Just be patient and be smart.. Make sure ur not over paying.. Wooh! All that on my black berry! I'm at werk haha
    Have a beater a 1999 accord. I got a Hundyi Santa Fe to trade in I wonder how much I willl get it is a v6 with 4wd with 88,000 miles

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    get a t/a asswipe
    3. Flames or derogatory insults

Flames or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seek help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it. If you feel you must respond to a flame or insult directly, please do NOT do so on the board. Use private messages or e-mail.

Threating another member is also against the rules.

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I mean it seams obvious to me that u should get the TA.. But I grew up with my brothers all driving f-bodies.. I mean I like the g35 but its just a g35.. The TA has a history its more than just a car lol.. As for it having 100k miles.. That's kinda a lot IMO but like you've heard they have strong drivetrains.. I had the iroc with 118 k miles and it ran strong and are you buying it out cash? Cause my mentality is if u own it and u have a beater ur not stuck if something breaks u have time to fix it.. Ur accord isn't going anywhere.. If I were u I would look for a TA .. EVERYWHERE until u are sure u got what u want and u will smile everytime u open ur garage door.
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by Maro SS View Post
    I mean it seams obvious to me that u should get the TA.. But I grew up with my brothers all driving f-bodies.. I mean I like the g35 but its just a g35.. The TA has a history its more than just a car lol.. As for it having 100k miles.. That's kinda a lot IMO but like you've heard they have strong drivetrains.. I had the iroc with 118 k miles and it ran strong and are you buying it out cash? Cause my mentality is if u own it and u have a beater ur not stuck if something breaks u have time to fix it.. Ur accord isn't going anywhere.. If I were u I would look for a TA .. EVERYWHERE until u are sure u got what u want and u will smile everytime u open ur garage door.
    I will be financing it. If I buy one with 100,000 mile I will not be that worried I have seen posts were people have 140,000+ miles and they are running strong.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    I think I am going with a Trans Am. I want something fun and now that Pontiac is gone there in no chance a new one will be made. Oh and I am only 17 so should I hold of on mods till I get used to the power and is buying one with 100,000 miles a bad idea?

Good choice! The T/A is the best choice, especially since there are only X amount to be had & since there will never be anymore. Wish I'd had my T/A when I was seventeen.....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Drive both.
    Pick one.

Do NOT listen to people on an LS1 forum (particularly in this section) when it comes to a decision like this. Opinion will obviously be lopsided.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    what is more practical about a G35?

I really like them but no way in hell would i trade my TA for one..

A bone stock ls1 TA will hand a g35 its ass, even the G37 for that matter..
    I can vouch for that. I've had a few of them try to give me a go. It's pretty boring stock vs. stock. I'm sure you can have lots of fun with upgrades on either.

white

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    My gut tells me to get a trans am, but my head tells me to get a G35 because it is more practical.
    well 2 things if u into speed get a TA people will noticed u, but the laddies may like the g35 better wich is fast too but, not that fast i just smoked one last weekend that cost me a new stall(g35 fault he didn't keep up and almost hit him) lol besides g35's they keep making them, TA's they wont make them anymore thats a classic

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

you know what you should get!

maple red
    2000 trans am

Hey man,
    I was going trough exactlly what your going through right now. I really liked the g35 cuz it was fancyer with its little nav heated seats and all the smart stuff it has on it. but after i tested the G about 3 days later I test drove a T/A and man the jolt it gave me when i floored my baby took that G right out of my head. Purchesed it that same day and dont regret it at all. im 18 and trust me a T/A was a much cooler car to be driving around.

Hope this helps bro

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

G35's are everywhere too. I can't knock them, the are a sexy little car, and if I had room and money for another toy, I'd consider one or a loaded 2D Altima for that matter. Probably a lot cheaper, and could add some toys to it to make it fast.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

boooo! go with a t/a man. i have a 98 trans am with 195k and she still runs strong! and yea the g35 would be nice but i dont believe it would turn heads like the t/a would and people wouldnt move outta your way in the streets and you wouldnt set off alarms *great feeling!*

oh and try to do a little burnout like this with a g35....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information