Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35

This is a discussion on Help me convince myself to get a TA over a G35 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by anniversary30 Screw it , lets all sell and go green. Prius for everyone!!!!!! if i can put ...

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by anniversary30 View Post
    Screw it , lets all sell and go green. Prius for everyone!!!!!!
    if i can put a 408 in it

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

don't forget the F1 procharger! 800 rwhp prius!

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by anniversary30 View Post
    don't forget the F1 procharger! 800 rwhp prius!
    wouldnt that be fun to have. the guy in the C6 Z06 tryin to figure out how in fuck a prius jus pulled a bus on him..

silver
    99 z28

tough choice, kind of

am i mistaken or dont they make an awd g35? if its just rear, get the TA, cheaper, classic, power, american, easier to work on, and it looks so much meaner!!! i love my z, but if i could have found a ta with the huge ram air-i would've got it, but hey a 99 z, auto(that sucks but the trans is pretty crisp) for 6000 a year ago-it did have 100k, but it still runs like a champ

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

got to go a long way to get better lines than a T/A

black
    2002 Firehawk

If your thinking g35, or honda or toyota not much fun, you only live once get the Trans Am, you can get a g35 later any time! Or get the Trans Am for the weekend
    and the g35 for work. My second vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler. Now that's fun!

silver
    99 z28

wisconsin here

oh i hear you, my z is immobilized in 1 inch of snow for the most part! I think you made a smart choice, i love the ls1 and the t/a, ss, and z's, but the insurance is really expensive and i can only use half the year+i have no garage and my baby's left out in the cold all winter buried in snow! my friend had an evo and as much as i prefer anerican, that car really moved! take it easy and enjoy, so many people are just barely scrapping by with things the way they are!

silver
    99 z28

nice

your car is bad ass!
    nice pic

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Z28onTHErun View Post
    oh i hear you, my z is immobilized in 1 inch of snow for the most part! I think you made a smart choice, i love the ls1 and the t/a, ss, and z's, but the insurance is really expensive and i can only use half the year+i have no garage and my baby's left out in the cold all winter buried in snow! my friend had an evo and as much as i prefer anerican, that car really moved! take it easy and enjoy, so many people are just barely scrapping by with things the way they are!
    +1, when buying a car there is alot more to think of than performance, for a second car perfomance is key but for a DD you need many things. Sure my subie is turbo but i didnt get it cause i thought it was gonna be fast or with the intent to make it fast. I bought it so i can go to work when it snows 15inches or more.

blue
    1999 trans am

Maby a g37 but a g35 does not compair to a ta. I raced a g37 the other day and handed him his ass in my 99 ta. no questions get a t.a!!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by alex1989 View Post
    Maby a g37 but a g35 does not compair to a ta. I raced a g37 the other day and handed him his ass in my 99 ta. no questions get a t.a!!
    If its gonna be a DD and you get snow dont get the T/A

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by Z28onTHErun View Post
    How much do you pay a month for insurence

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Just get a Tessla Roadster....240 mi on one charge and faster than a Vette!!! Just think...if you only doing 50-100 mi per day...a gas station will be a thing of the past

Black
    02 T/A WS6

I got a 4 banger ranger as my dd....its a go cart, petal to the floor everywhere 136k on it and it runs like a charm, 21mpg too lol cant beat it!

the g35 coupe does look nice though, saw one today...for a dd not good for me, chicago got waaay too much snow for me last winter....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 WS6

It seems like everyone has a G35/G37 where I live. I can easily see 20 of them on my way to work, to me, that would be a big deciding factor. I usually see one WS6 a week, but of course I do see regular firebirds quite often.

silver
    99 z28

insurance

130 and i recently got a 18mph over ticket so now im really screwed-i have a lien for only 3000 so i need comprehensive! when i finish school and start earning some real cash, then it wont be a big deal, but until then-TAP CITY

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

drove to tombstone,az and back to wyoming 2976 miles and saw only 2 WS6 T/A's besides mine---thats why i like them--

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A View Post
    drove to tombstone,az and back to wyoming 2976 miles and saw only 2 WS6 T/A's besides mine---thats why i like them--
    Ya if I get one it will be the 2nd ls1 in my town and my town is pretty big 80,000 people. Also that is a sick looking bird you have there.

Black
    99 WS6

g35 coupe looks pretty good...if they are the same price then its all about what you want...both look DAMN good.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    +1, when buying a car there is alot more to think of than performance, for a second car perfomance is key but for a DD you need many things. Sure my subie is turbo but i didnt get it cause i thought it was gonna be fast or with the intent to make it fast. I bought it so i can go to work when it snows 15inches or more.
    15 inches?? No way you're making it through 15 inches of snow with any Subaru. There's this thing called ground clearance - with that much snow, all you'll be doing is pushing it like a plow an going nowhere.

With snow that deep you need a full size SUV or truck with 4WD. No questions about it.

As for the OP - Get the T/A. It looks much better, gets the same or better fuel economy, and its got a much more reliable powertrain.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information