Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Help!!!

Your ASC guy is in desperate need of some advice. Ok, so I found my dream WS6. 02 SOM 6spd with 32k. Only problem is, it was hit in the back and rolled into someone in the front. The car has been completely repaired/repainted and been issued a rebuilt title. Most of the damage was in the back but when I went to look at it today I found what I thought to be too many little niggly things for what he was asking ($12,500). I am, to my everlasting regret a perfectionist and found things he hadn't even observed yet save for #4. Here are my observations:
    1. Driver DRL is cracked (barely noticeable but condensation could get in)
    2. Hood fiberglass cracked around the lock hook in front and opening handle appears to be warped so it's digging into the bumper. (he said he would repair the fiberglass)
    3. Driver door outer panel is coming away from the actual door on the upper portion (had a minor repair but is coming apart again)
    4. Both rear qtr panels were replaced but the rear driver qtr panel has a gap between it and the hatch so big you could fit a $1.50 worth a quarters in it.
    5. Borla exhaust tips are not evenly spaced coming out the bumper. (one is farther out than the other)
    6. Rear passenger wheel has a fair amount of curb rash on it.
    7. Spoiler has a 3" crack on the driver side where the curved portion underneath meets the hatch that was just painted over.

From a distance the car looks beautiful and the guy did a fine although not impeccable job of repairing it. The interior is perfect, the motor is perfect and sounds great with no hint of piston slap like my 01 had a bad case of. I'm just concerned how the repairs will hold up over the course of the next few years as I plan on keeping this one for a long time. It's def in my price range but is $12,5 too much?? It was listed for $14,8 and he stated he priced a little high b/c he knew ppl would try to low ball him. He came down to 13 and then gave me another 500 off for a military disc. I want to know what my fellow F-bodyians think. What should I offer?? I told him I had to think about it and to show some other people and if he didn't get any bites to call me back.

Justin Martin-LS1 ASC guy; Serving Proudly USAF Silver 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Lmtd Edition, 5 spd. 2006 Kawasaki VN2000, Thunder Pro Charger, pwr commander, HK 2:1 sideburner, 240 rear tire. 100HP and 130ft/lbs @ rear wheel.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

id take it looks awesome n id say try to get him to 12 but if he stays at 12,500 thats still a good deal
    2006 IBM GTO A4
    20% sides/rear 35% Windshield,SAP Repos,Ruff 278s Staggered 18s,LT's,Catless mids,Spintech Mufflers/X pipe,Torquer v.2,Vig3200 Stall,HPTuned,AEM CAI,SLP Thermostat,IAT relocate,BMR Drag bags, P4000DVD HU.

2000 TA WS6 NBM A4 Full Bolt-Ons-Gone

Impulse Blue Metallic
    2005 GTO

Like you said it looks good from a distance. I myself would not buy it. The rebuilt title will kill you when you try to resell it if you do. I am picky myself and when I bought my Trans Am I probally spent an hour and a half just inspecting it. There was a few flaws but nothing major. I am made sure the flaws weren't going to cost over $300 in repairing them before I bought it because I was going to spend the money repairing them. The cracking in the spolier and on the door doesn't sound to appealling. Just my imput

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No way thats kind of high, 10 grand no more

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

i would keep looking IMO but if you dont mind a project car go for it

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Excellent.....keep the comments coming.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Looks beautiful. Offer him 10,000. I myself wouldnt have anything to do with it. Just remember thats probably what 75% of the people who would look to buy it would say once they see the title. If you plan on modding the hell out of it then go for it. I would still try to go for way lower than 12,000.

Those low miles mean nothing when its been hit in the front and back. At least not to me anyways.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

It looks nice, but the price doesn't seem low enough for a salvage title car.

Also, check the DMV, you might have problems registering it, and if you're not paying cash, you might have a hard time getting finanacing for it too.

Plus, like KJax said, the resale and trade in values will be shite.

Personally, I'd be concerned with the poor panel fitment issues, and I'd keep looking.

Deals are out there, you just need to be diligent. Plus, with summer almost over, the prices will start coming down soon.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Forgot to ask...... Does it get shakey when you drive it at a higher speeds?

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

I didn't actually drive it. I walked around and inspected it for about 30 mins and then I was pacing back and fourth trying to resist writing him a check for it. (Of course I would have driven it first, but I couldn't get over all the stuff I described above and felt I needed to consult you guys for more guidance.) I knew if I drove it I would fall even more in luv with it and I don't know if I can stand all the stuff that could still use some TLC. I would be paying cash for it too.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

IMO...drive it, if EVERYTHING about driving it seems ok, offer him 10k, if not, run don't walk.

And if he he says no...run don't walk.

Personally, this would be waaaay to much for me to have to worry about.

98T/Aformula
    Drive It !

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

The consensus seems to be to either offer <=$10k or run away period. I'm leaning toward the runaway now, although I think I will try to offer him $10K and see what he says. To those that have replied, thank you very much, to those that haven't lets hear it, I'm open to anything you have to say.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

I would personally beat him up on the price with that many things wrong. He's not going to get $12K even if its fully rebuilt, it been wrecked and thats a huge depreciation from what it would be worth if it wasn't.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i wouldnt dude 12k cash will get you a nice f bod well at least in cali

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Ya know, on second thought, I think if you can afford 10k, just stay away, I think you'll end up regretting it and kicking yourself in the ass.

Save up a little more dough, and get one that can be resold if need be without hassle or worry, the piece of mind you'll have is hard to put a price on to boot.

It's too much money to have the word "Rebuilt" on the title.

And you'll be snappin your neck with every crick the car makes...
    "What was that"? "What was that"?
    "Is that the Hoosiewhatsa, or the figgamajig"?
    "Maybe it's just the flabippitybang, then again...it could be the snagglefligger and that would be really bad and would really suck."

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Considering the door and fender problems I wouldn't go over 8K for it. 10K would be my top if it was in perfect shape due to the rebuilt title and it doesn't sound to be perfect. I say keep looking.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    And you'll be snappin your neck with every crick the car makes...
    "What was that"? "What was that"?
    "Is that the Hoosiewhatsa, or the figgamajig"?
    "Maybe it's just the flabippitybang, then again...it could be the snagglefligger and that would be really bad and would really suck."
    Thanks for the good laugh.......

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Offer him 7 grand and call it a done deal

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

do what my bro does with all of lifes important decisions..... coin flip and stick to the result...
    1999 Trans Am M6 330rwhp 343ft/lb, slp long tube headers, hi flow cats, loudmouth exhaust, slp lid, ceramic clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, slp hood, 20% tint, 18" z06 rims black.. security system: KIMBER CDP II .45

2002 GMC Seirra short box Z71 BOSS 20's

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Thread Information