Thread: help!

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

help!

i noticed the other day on the highway that from 80+ at wot my car seems to "swim" (the only way i know to describe it) it seems to almost body roll form side to side while going straight and im not sure what would cause this. someone said to check the tie rods but they seem to be fine. im afraid to take the car over 100 mph due to this and everyone knows thats easy to achieve so any help is appreciated.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bluonblk99 View Post
    i noticed the other day on the highway that from 80+ at wot my car seems to "swim" (the only way i know to describe it) it seems to almost body roll form side to side while going straight and im not sure what would cause this. someone said to check the tie rods but they seem to be fine. im afraid to take the car over 100 mph due to this and everyone knows thats easy to achieve so any help is appreciated.
    No point first off to do 100+ on regular civilian roads but I would check your alignment make sure the air pressure in tires is correct, to what suspension mods, tires ratings!!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My first guess is your panhard bar came loose. Check the bolt on the passenger side.

I had the same thing happen to me and I found that the bolt hole had "ovaled" out due to age and wear, which made the pan hard bar loose...resulting in the car "swimming" back and forth at higher speeds.

Thread Information