Thread: Heads and cam?

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Exclamation Heads and cam?

Hey guys haven't been on in a while but I'm back and was needing some feedback on a combo I'm finaly able to afford. Here goes. I have an 02 ws6 m6 currently stock minus full off road exhaust with long tubes and 373s. I want to purchase patriot stage 2.5 heads, lifters because 1 is broken down, arp pushrods, arp head bolts, a vrx5 cam, timing chain, oil pump, and a dyno tune. Does anyone object this combo? Thoughts?
    Ps I can't afford an intake at the moment just didn't have enuff money and tuner said we could adjust the tune later. Thanks

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

VRX5 Camshaft 236/238 .601/.605 113 LSA

^For those who don't want to look it up. What do you want out of it?

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Oops. Thanx C5. I want a cam to make power across the curve rather than just bottom or top with an agressive chop. Wasn't sure how much further I could go with the heads being stock bore

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

2.5 is generally the max people go on a stock bore ls-1. I don't know the flow charts of patriot but if you could compare them to texas speed ls-6 heads and 5.3's you might see which you would prefer.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

thats a nice cam. if you want a nice chop just take it down to 112lsa. thats whut my cam is at.. You will need a tune though if u get that big of a cam so make sure you have money for that

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

I already ordered all these parts plus rear control arms and a panhatd bar should b done midweek and then I'll get her dyno tuned. Wish me luck

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Let me know how you like that cam, been looking myself for a cam upgrade

black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

i have the h/c pkg from vengeance racing,it came with trick flow heads and they let me choose a cam,i told him i wanted a street/strip cam so they suggested the vrx4 cam so i went with that,after all was said and done it made 450 rwhp and the pkg was $2800+tax,my car dynoed at 340rwhp before,i also upgraded the timing chain and gears,oil pump and lifters which added to the cost.

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDON View Post
    i have the h/c pkg from vengeance racing,it came with trick flow heads and they let me choose a cam,i told him i wanted a street/strip cam so they suggested the vrx4 cam so i went with that,after all was said and done it made 450 rwhp and the pkg was $2800+tax,my car dynoed at 340rwhp before,i also upgraded the timing chain and gears,oil pump and lifters which added to the cost.
    That's impressive I was hoping for 400 rwhp. What intake are u runnin what kind of tune you got? Does she drive daily w no probs

black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by stormkarma View Post
    That's impressive I was hoping for 400 rwhp. What intake are u runnin what kind of tune you got? Does she drive daily w no probs
    i havent upgraded the intake yet so it still has the factory ls6,but im hoping to upgrade to the fast intake and squeeze a few more horses out,as for my tune i had a local guy with a good rep tune it i think he did a great job,his name is brian anderson you can you tube him, he won the the dyno challenge a few years back with his rambler,it daily drives pretty good the only issue it has is when the engine is cold the rpm's sometimes surge up and down inbetween 500 and 1000,once it warms up it runs fine and stays at idle which brian has set to 1000rpm,also i forgot to add that i already had headers and exhaust and an air lid.

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Finaly gonna get my baby back tommorow. Then Monday or Tuesday get her tuned. Can't wait to hear that nasty choppin growl. Need a rear now lol

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Pulls hard

Finally got my car back today. I won't b able to get it tuned for a coue or few days so i don't have ne numbers yet. Cam sounds evil and it pulls hard from 2500. Below that would compare a bit to an unmodified ta. My parts wound up being a new radiator, new cooler fluids, coller thermostat, full tune up msd wires, royal purple oil change, thunder racing stage 2.5 heads fully assembled with titanium goodies and dual springs, upgraded pushrods, head bolts, ls7 lifters, vrx5 cam, timing chain, oil pump, underdrive pully, sfc, panhard bar, lower control arms from spohn. I might b missing s few things but i'm close. A few things I def need right away to come closer to full potential of my pkg would prob start of with at least a 12 bolt with 410s, torque bar, bigger intake, throttle body, fuel injectors, fuel pump, true Duals with cutout, don't know what else I would realy need befor getting into k member, a arms and suspension.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

get injectors before you get a manifold. I cant wait to see whut numbers you throw down. Im guessing like 410-420ish

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Gixxer. I was shootin for round 425 just like u said. U hear these stories from guys with h/c puttin 475 rwhp. I'm not thinking I'll b close to that yet but maybe later. Honestly had a 684 electric bill and wound up spending bout 700 xtra on the car so I can't get a tune until next week.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

475? holy shit that ridiculous. All i have is a cam with stock heads stock manifold and doing 384wrhp

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Well I don't have any numbers to share yet as I got a street tune. The car starts and idols soon as started. No surging or hunting at red lights. I said previously that below 2500 it felt a bit stock well now that she's tuned def pulls way harder at any rpm. Car is night and day different and so much more fun.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

awww man i was hoping for some numbers =[

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Man I was to. I'm tryn to work some magic to get her on a dyno. Well c soon I promiss. I'm gonna get my tb done also so maybe I'll get a couple there lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Port about an inch around the throttle blade, it won't idle real well but she'll have a better top end

disclaimer
    not serious

Thread Information