Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Headlight stop issue

The headlight actuator motor has an arm attached to it that rotates around to a stop, torques out, stops and then upon the signal to close, the arm rotates around in the opposite direction and hits another stop, torques out, and stops. Each stop has a hard plastic bumper that fits over a metal support that serves to stop the arm which is attached to the motor. I seem to have lost one of these hard plastic bumpers which has caused the headlight to sit about 1/4" higher than the other cover when both headlights are in the closed position. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes these small pieces? I went to the dealership, and they don't come individually, you have to buy them attached to the brackets they are attached to...$64. I don't think so! Any help would be greatly appreciated~! Haven't found hardly any of this generation in any junkyards, kind of at a rock and a hard place juncture....getting too old to have parts in the dealership, but too new to see cars in the junkyard.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I just got done rebuilding my headlight motors yesterday, and i would think you could get a one inch piece of 3/8 fuel line, and slide it over the metal you are talking about. And tightening the motor to its ?plastic? (GM, really?) bracket would be nice too. But to do that, you would have to remove the motors.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I was trying to think of another way to stop the arm, that 3/8 fuel line is a good idea. All I had come up with was perhaps polyeurethane coating a popsicle stick and cutting it to length attaching it with a screw and nut. Your idea sounds much easier...I'll give er a try. Thanks~!

Thread Information