Inferno Red
    98 Trans Am

headlight problem

It all started after i drpped the engine out to paint the engine bay. I put the engine back in hooked everything back up. Everything works except now when I turn my parking lights on my headlights pop up.Also when I set my alarm my headlights pop up and down.My friend who is a mechanic says it is probably my headlight switch.But does not make sense why the switch went bad now.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by INFERNO T/A View Post
    It all started after i drpped the engine out to paint the engine bay. I put the engine back in hooked everything back up. Everything works except now when I turn my parking lights on my headlights pop up.Also when I set my alarm my headlights pop up and down.My friend who is a mechanic says it is probably my headlight switch.But does not make sense why the switch went bad now.
    Are they grinding?

pewter
    99 trans am ws6

could be a bad headlight motor

yellow
    2002 ceta 6sp convertable

its the alarm system

my 2002 did that to. untill i changed the setings on the alarm to a option with out (lights) lamps horn etc were ok . read your manual to get it how you want it if its the set type alarm lots of options to set

Red
    2002 TransAm WS6

Smile Headlight pop open when remote is used.

Quote Originally Posted by black&gold View Post
    my 2002 did that to. untill i changed the setings on the alarm to a option with out (lights) lamps horn etc were ok . read your manual to get it how you want it if its the set type alarm lots of options to set
    Hi. My 2002 just started to do this also a few days ago. When I use the remote to open my doors or when I'm in the car and use the inside door locks to open and close the doors, the heads lights open & close. Also, when I put on my parking lights, the headlights pop open.

Sooo, there's settings ? that can be changed? I didn't see it in the manual, and "no", I don't have blonde hair. Are the settings in the remote control?

pewter
    99 trans am ws6

do a search on the board and you will find that when you press the alarm button and your headlights pop up it is usually a bad headlight motor. i dont think you can adjust the factory alarm settings

Headlight control module. Mine went bad and I had the same problem.

yellow
    2002 ceta 6sp convertable

adjusting factory alarm

the alarm can be ajusted if you have the type page 2-20 in owners manual . first turn key on to run turns off alarm then back to off remove raido fuse lower right 15a then turn key to acc . if it chimes 1 time sorry only 2 things can be changed .if chimes 2 times . pg. 2-23 using remote press unlock mode count chimes mode 5 is factory with all lights/horn to change modes 1 all off. 2 horn,lamps,lamps. 3 horn lamps (this one stopped my lights from fliping up when using alarm & running lights with switch) 4 lamps . 5 lamps,horn lamps,lamps. (there are alot more adjustements made in this mode i also adjusted the one with the light switch may have been part of fix, my drivers side light motor gear is stripped out some so made noise is my reason to do this) hope thats what cures it if not & door switch is fliping them up to this will not fix

Thread Information