Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Headlight not popping up

This is a discussion on Headlight not popping up within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thanks for trying 6sw00. I hope to spend a bit of time on my car this weekend and that is ...

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Thanks for trying 6sw00. I hope to spend a bit of time on my car this weekend and that is one of the projects I have scheduled. I will try to clean the connections and check as much of the wireing as I can then lube the mechanism. If I come up with anything new I will let you know.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Well, I finally got around to working on my light. I took of the black plastic headlight surround and disconnected the wiring to find a bit of corrosion but on water. I thought that I would try to clean the connections a little and sure enough it worked. I don't know how long it will last but it is working now so that was obvouisly part or all of the problem. If it happens again I will spend a lot more time cleaning the connectors.
    Also, I have all 5 wires connected, so you may want to rreconnect yours.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

OK, now i am really frustrated! BOTH headlight are not popping up!!!! The motors on both don't seem to be kicking in. The lights come on but stay down. It really SUCKED driving home down an unlit road with NO FREAKING HEADLIGHTS!!!! I couldn't even see under the hood to figure out how to put them up manually, I never had to do that yet. I'll be figureing that one out tomorrow. I don't even want to know what it will cost to take it to the dealer. Does anybody have the manual on disk that they can send me a pdf of the headlight so I can try to figure this out. I almost bought the disk but I run a mac and I can only find manuals for pc.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Well I broke down and went to the dealer. The actuators were all rusted so the motor was having trouble raising the lights. Finally the motors went and the control module shorted itself out as a result. At least that is what they told me. $550 for the module and labor and they want another $325 per motor to replace them. For $900 I got a one year warrantee that I will use to replace the motors and have the dealer go thru the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb. That's what happens when you buy a used car. Mine just happen to come from Oregon where it rains a hell of lot more then here in Az.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information