SOM
    2001 SOM WS6 408

headlight to hood gap

Was wondering how to adjust this since my passenger headlight cover is hitting the hood?

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    Was wondering how to adjust this since my passenger headlight cover is hitting the hood?
    Look closey theres screws at the corners of the headlight lid. Fairly simply if you just look at it. Will have to take the plastic trim peaces alround the head light.

Dark Blue Metalic
    2000 WS6

i had this problem a while back and come to find out someone had sat on my hood and bent the height adjustment bracket under the hood on pasenger, straightened it back up and re-set ht. adjustment and it was fine
    Kooks LT headers w/ Y pipe & SLP loud mouth
    Diablo programer
    SLP 90mm throttle body
    SLP mas air flow
    Eiback springs - SLPsub frame connectors
    SLP strut tower bracket
    BMR anti squat brackets
    BMR panhard rod
    3:73 gears
    ZR 1 rims-315back/275front

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You will need to remove the headlight cover. With the headlight open, remove the trim piece by taking out three (3) screws. After removing the trim, and with the headlight still open, remove the two (2) front screws that secure the lid. Close the headlight and then remove the two (2) back screws after which you can lift your cover off.

Before making any adjustments, look everything over to ensure that the 10mm bolts that secure the light assembly have not come loose. If everything is secure, look down at the light assembly from the top and you will see three (3) torx head screws. Loosen these screws and that will allow you to adjust the light assembly to re-position the lid.

Perform the adjustments with the headlights off and the light in the closed position. You can then set the lid back on and carefully bring your hood down to the closed position to check your gap. The lid will move slightly when you re-attach it as the tabs may not set tight against the housing -- I always install the rear cover screws to check my gap before buttoning everything back up.

If you need to raise or lower the height of the lid, you will see four (4) 10mm white plastic capped adjusters - one (1) at each corner. Raise or lower these as necessary such that the lid sets down onto the adjusters properly before you tighten the screws which run through the tabs. It can take some fiddling to get everything just right -- use some towels or shop rags to protect your paint in case you slip off with a screwdriver during the process.

Also, do not overtighten the torx screws or they will snap your bit when you try to remove them. Should they be real tight, you may need to use pliers on the head of the screw in combination with your torx bit.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

I had the same problem has nothing to do with headlight jusr adjust the hight of your hood

SOM
    2001 SOM WS6 408

how do you adjust hood height?

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

there are four rubber stops you can adjust them up or down to get the hight you want but if you go to high you will have to adjust the latching mec. in order for it to close all the way.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Before messing with your hood height, make sure that it's the actual problem. If your hood is running flush with the tops of your fenders, that is where it needs to be. Other than that, I agree that you can raise your hood by turning the adjuster up (counterclockwise) and this will provide additional clearance between the headlamp lid and hood.

SOM
    2001 SOM WS6 408

Alright the back of the headlight cover is sitting above hood height only on the passenger side which is the problem side. Is there any other height adjusters beside the 4 stops that turn? I don't understand how just 1 side is too low?

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Alright the back of the headlight cover is sitting above hood height only on the passenger side which is the problem side. Is there any other height adjusters beside the 4 stops that turn? I don't understand how just 1 side is too low?
    You do want to have it (the headlight cover or eyelids as I call em) a little higher or it will cause wind noise driveing down the road. But it should only be a couple of mm's if its too high try loosening the two screws at the back of the headlight cover and push it down hold it and tighten them, then adjust till you are happy with how it looks. That should fix it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The only other adjustment that would affect this are the opening and closing stops. If the headlight is not closing far enough, the back edge would be below hood height. The stops are located on the inboard side of the headlight assembly and are also 10mm bolts.

I messed with mine for the better part of an hour before I had everything where I want it. At some point in its life, the passenger side lid had made contact with the hood and rubbed the paint off. After we painted the hood and nose a few weeks ago, I readjusted both lids to even out the gaps and to ensure that there was adequate clearance.

Thread Information