Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Headlamp ? (not about gears)

This is a discussion on Headlamp ? (not about gears) within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; t30 torx and a 10mm. Its cake. Only a total of three bolts you have to take out before you ...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

t30 torx and a 10mm. Its cake. Only a total of three bolts you have to take out before you can gain full access to all three bolts in the motor

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    t30 torx and a 10mm. Its cake. Only a total of three bolts you have to take out before you can gain full access to all three bolts in the motor
    Thank.....will try that

silver
    99 ws6

GM

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Will changing the gears magically solve my hood clearance issue!?!?! I mean seriously. How much can it possibly cost to make a metal gear? was it really worth saving half a cent or whatever? I love my car but some things just leave me scratchin my head
    I think the problem is in the headlight switch not the gears.

when the gears go bad you will hear them grinding away.if headlight raises and lowers then it's not the gear.

as far as GM saving half a cent these GM assholes have known about the headlight solution for 9 years nylon cog rubbing on metal worm gear there hopping to sell and install you a new motor and cash in for around $400. +

you can thank GM again.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

you dont even have to take the motor out. If the gear isnt stripped that bad (most of them usually arent just a couple teeth) all you have to do is turn the manual crank so that the shaft thing spins 180 degrees the reattach the arm to it. Should work perfect......till the same thing happens to the other side of the gear

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    you dont even have to take the motor out. If the gear isnt stripped that bad (most of them usually arent just a couple teeth) all you have to do is turn the manual crank so that the shaft thing spins 180 degrees the reattach the arm to it. Should work perfect......till the same thing happens to the other side of the gear
    i think I tried that. I fig it would be better afterwards but no. The headlamps still go up and down but I absolute HATE that I cant just run DRL's and the fogs without the headlamps popping up

Black
    1994 Camaro

There is a plug under the driver side dash cover, many model have a yellow plug and the Canadian versions have a purple one, disconnect the plug and try, they wont come up until you turn the head lights. It work on my old Firebird

Bright silver
    2002 Trans Am Ws6

Mine is having the same problem with the passenger side headlight door getting stuck on the hood and I can't figure it out! I have to pop the hood, put up the headlights and then close the hood when driving at night. They go down fine with the hood closed. Did you ever resolve this?
    Last edited by JonnyJitsu; 05-13-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Additional details

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

I don't think it's a gear issue. I replaced both of my motors recently, but the last 2 TA's that I've had have always done that, and the bird has done it since I got it with and without new motors.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyJitsu View Post
    Mine is having the same problem with the passenger side headlight door getting stuck on the hood and I can't figure it out! I have to pop the hood, put up the headlights and then close the hood when driving at night. They go down fine with the hood closed. Did you ever resolve this?

Sounds like you need to make an adjustment on the headlight door. If it is not right, it will rub on other things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information